Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    NugNug
    edited May 2020
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Bowyer saying 3 players are not returning to play.
  • Options
    I wonder who the 3 are. My guess for 2 are:

Pratley due to being BAME
    Pearce due to pregnant wife 

• Options
    Lapslie? Mrs is pregnant too
  • Options
    Pretty sure Pearce put a pic up of him training. Pratley doesn’t strike me as someone who’d not be there either . I’d be more inclined to think someone like Sarr May not be there, Lapslie because of his missus and then god knows who else
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Pretty sure Pearce put a pic up of him training. Pratley doesn’t strike me as someone who’d not be there either . I’d be more inclined to think someone like Sarr May not be there, Lapslie because of his missus and then god knows who else
    Pratley said a couple of weeks ago that he had some doubts over returning so i wouldn't be surprised to hear that he was one of them
  • Options
    Green, Davis?
  • Options
    Thought I saw Green at training

Hemed? If I was safe in Israel, would I want to return to the UK?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Green, Davis?
    Green has posted a pic of him training
  • Options
    Hemed posted that he was off to catch flight to London to start training 
  • Options
    Thought I saw Green at training

Hemed? If I was safe in Israel, would I want to return to the UK?
    Hemed put a pic up of his Covid test yesterday so he's back
  • Options
    Sarr and Lockyer I’ve heard are two
  • Options
    There are legitimate questions about why this game wasn’t played behind closed doors, especially as 3,000 people from Madrid which was at close to the peak of its epidemic, coming into Liverpool, which has had a higher death count.

suspect they’ll be questions about our game against Middlesbrough, as a transmission point from London to a town which is having a terrible time now
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    There are legitimate questions about why this game wasn’t played behind closed doors, especially as 3,000 people from Madrid which was at close to the peak of its epidemic, coming into Liverpool, which has had a higher death count.

suspect they’ll be questions about our game against Middlesbrough, as a transmission point from London to a town which is having a terrible time now
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89009/charlton-v-middlesbrough-virus-connection#latest
  • Options
    Im sure lapslie was photographed in training the other day. TBH whoever they are I back their decisions it is the health of themselves and their families at the end of the day. Far more important than football. Just makes the whole thing so ridiculous, season should be voided and the new season should not start until it is safe for ALL to do so.
    If the photo you are referring to was the one of a blond haired bloke lying face down then I'm certain that wasn't Lapslie. It didn't look like any if the current squad either. Backroom staff....?
  • Options
    3 have tested positive out of 1030 from a test round of testing. The 3 who tested positive are across 2 teams. I see the media are saying 2 are from Fulham 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Sarr and Lockyer I’ve heard are two
    That does surprise me to be completely honest

Pearce and Lapslie are definitely training because they've been seen in club photos

David Davis the other perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd take a guess at Macauley Bonne especially as he had health issues earlier in the season.
  • Options
    I'd take a guess at Macauley Bonne especially as he had health issues earlier in the season.
    Nope, he's tweeted a picture of him training
  • Options
    Those definitely seen are:

Pearce | Lapslie | Doughty | Morgan | Cullen | Green | Bonne
  • Options
    Page and Williams are two others definitely there, as is McGeady
  • Options
    Mcgeady also been pictured training and oshilaja
  • Options
    Just because they trained doesn't mean they will want to play. More than likely its players whose contracts are up and due to sign elsewhere.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Just because they trained doesn't mean they will want to play. More than likely its players whose contracts are up and due to sign elsewhere.
    That narrows it down to nearly everyone then! 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Defeats the object doesnt it?

Whats the point of returning to training if your reluctant to stop social distancing

As Bowyer has said, the players are all fit because they've been running for all but roughly two weeks of this lockdown

If you dont want to play then you can remain fit by staying away from training