Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    So 2 more Premier League players/Staff have tested positive and those 2 players/staff will now self isolate

But what about there contact for the past 5 days, as Taylor said, the test doesnt cover the past 5 days, so these 2 players or staff may have passed it on to someone else who tested negative and now have it, but they wont know until they next get tested,by then they could have passed it on
    As Taylor said, the press (if even they know) arent telling us about the actual way that tests are being done

I wont be surprised in the slightest if the season restarts; Liverpool win the title in say three games and they call it all off
  • Options
    If we finish the season and we are relegated then so be it, we will deserve to go down. 

If the season is curtailed we will never know if we would have stayed up or gone down. 

If the season can’t be finished then it has to be voided.

If we are relegated without the season finishing then I will feel we have been cheated. 

Will I still go when we can? I know
    I will, and I know I will go the the Johnstone paint as well. The problem is the EFL know this and that’s why they treat the fans with such contempt! 

• Options
    Out of 1014 tests carried out across all 24 Championship teams 2 positive and tests have came back from the same club 
  • Options
    Does that actually include Charlton? (Yeah I know it mentions all 24-clubs in the Statement)

Lyle said on Friday during the podcast that there had been a mix up with the testing kits for four clubs (Charlton being one of them) and that we'd be tested yesterday
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Looks to me like we will see football. The major leagues in other countries are opening up and that means we will too. The big issue is, if we start up on 20 June, what do we do in relation to non- contracted players after June?  I suppose the window could be delayed, but players out of contract may still choose not to play for their old clubs with a limited extension.

Both Taylor & Bowyer have said that contract extensions are being offered to those players put of contract on July  1st & it's up to them if they want to sign it or not. Bowyer says he understands the problem with this & wont be putting pressure on anyone. He is speaking individually to all the players today about this plus returning to training etc etc.

I reckon most will sign & a few wont. Page, Solly, JFC & Matthew's I think will. 
    Which players would you want to extend their contacts? Til when? Do you think they would?  :/ 

Amos - Yes give him another year, and I think he would if he’s happy playing backup to Dillon (plus we might need him if we lose Dillon)

Solly - Yes and Yes
    Matthews - Yes and hopefully Yes, I’d take him next year regardless of what league we’re in.
    Sarr - Yes IF he took a wage cut, which makes me think he wouldn’t sign. Maybe he’d do a short term thing?
    Page - No, made of glass so don’t even know if he’s fit enough to play. A real shame cos I think he’d really suit Bowyer’s system

Cullen - Yes but have no idea how loans are going to work in this situation. I think he’s the sort who would sign a short deal if it was an option to extend the loan, but won’t be with us next season.
    Field - No, is he still injured?
    JFC - I really liked JFC but he’s been out too long. Reckon he’d sign if it was offered.
    Morgan - contract length isn’t known, if it’s up at the end of June I’d definitely want to renew. I wonder if he’s happy with his place in the squad though.
    Green - Yes I would, but see above re: loans. Not sure if he’d take a loan extension if it was an option.

Taylor - 100% yes and I’d want it to extend to next season but given what he’s been saying in interviews I find this highly unlikely.
    Hemed - No, not impressed me.
    Davidson - Yes think he’s one for the future so would be worthwhile and think he’d sign on for a longer stint.

The contract extension negotiations are not about extending contracts  by 1 year or more, they are just about extending the contracts of players who`s contact is up on the 30th of June by how many weeks it will take to  complete the 9 games of this season left and for some clubs the play off games and the Wembley games.
  • Options
    Hemed is still in Israel by looking at his Instagram. I wonder what’s happening with other clubs players who have gone back ‘home’ during lockdown.
  • Options
    Hemed is still in Israel by looking at his Instagram. I wonder what’s happening with other clubs players who have gone back ‘home’ during lockdown.
     I think that's his goodbye to Israel post as he says "thanks for being home to all of us" probably now due to return for work.

• Options
    Hull City been confirmed as the team to have those two COVID cases
  • Options
    he can stay there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    ads said:
    he can stay there
    We may need him

There is a chance, Taylor, Bonne and Aneke refuse to opt in to train and play.

Taylor spoke about the BAME players in the podcast and about their higher risk.

If they all opt out we will be left with Hemed and Davison

Maybe Green if Villa extend his loan but again as a BAME player he may not opt in, also he is a winger not a striker
  • Options
    Funny how it's the team we have to play first. Imagine if this was to happen on the day before the match itself. I wonder what the players would do (from both sides)
  • Options
    If I was a member of staff of a championship team, the fact that players are self administering virus tests would not fill me with confidence.
  • Options
    Funny how it's the team we have to play first. Imagine if this was to happen on the day before the match itself. I wonder what the players would do (from both sides)
    In Germany with Dynamo Dresden, the match was postponed until a later date.
  • Options
    Is it being a bit skeptical that the positive tests have come from the teams in the Champ and Prem with the most to gain? Hull and Watford?
    Not to mention Bournemouth, another side deep in the brown stuff
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    If I was a member of staff of a championship team, the fact that players are self administering virus tests would not fill me with confidence.
    Are they? I thought Lyle said they were going in yesterday to be tested.
  • Options
    It wasn’t long ago I would suggest 70-80pc of this forum was exceptionally against the season restarting.

Truth is we are no different to the likes of Hull etc in that now we want the season to restart because that’s best for us.

I would still be embarrassed if we resorted to this blatant shithousery as we are seeing from Hull (and that’s a word taken from a tweet from a mortified Hull fan)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw on instagram that Hemed left his family back home and flew back to London today so must be coming back to play for us.
  • Options
    So if the season starts and and after 4 games it’s called off what would happen to us? Say we won our next 4 game’s would we then be marked as safe? 
  • Options
    Is it being a bit skeptical that the positive tests have come from the teams in the Champ and Prem with the most to gain? Hull and Watford?
    Not at all. As soon as 2 individuals were announced, I WhatsApp my Dad and said ‘100% they’re from Hull’. The only club to write two letters about not wanting to return to play. I genuinely don’t believe them. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Circumstantially it certainly looks iffy that Hull, Watford and Bournemouth had players / staff testing positive but surely the respective club doctors would have been involved and that would be against their code of ethics.

Maybe the leagues should insist on a second medical opinion in all cases where positive results have been found. Hang on a minute that'll be the EFL in our case..........so scrap that 😏.
  • Options
    Likewise us being keen to play again.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Are they? I thought Lyle said they were going in yesterday to be tested

'There is a flexible approach to testing, with some clubs having them conducted by independent testers, others conducted by club medical staff and then a group asking players to do self-testing'

quoted from this BBC  article 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52747798

• Options
    Sage said:
    Not at all. As soon as 2 individuals were announced, I WhatsApp my Dad and said ‘100% they’re from Hull’. The only club to write two letters about not wanting to return to play. I genuinely don’t believe them. 
    I was (naively) expecting that an independent company was doing the testing & results sent to the EFL. Anything else is open to abuse. I mean, you wouldn't  ask Lance Armstrong to test his own urine & to say if the litmus paper had changed colour now would you.
  • Options
    The truth is that nobody knows what to expect when the season restarts - this is unchartered territory.

If our ownership bullshit is resolved then we will be in a MUCH stronger position - can you imagine if we'd been playing games through the Range Rover fiasco? Dear, oh dear.

We have a young squad that likes to play football which may just give an advantage when we restart and are playing on nice, hot sunny summer days on hard, bouncy pitches.

The contract situation is impossible to predict though, it may sound weird by excluding Taylor our other players may not be quite good enough to attract pre-bids but other clubs may not be so lucky and could lose players.

• Options
    Cummings not being sacked means that football will re-start and pubs open soon so we all forget about the scandal.