Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Whatever position we were in I'd want the season voided - recent events are far bigger than football. It's all become a bit meaningless.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Whatever position we were in I'd want the season voided - recent events are far bigger than football. It's all become a bit meaningless.
    Agree completely that recent events are far bigger than football but if we were in Leeds' position, 7 points clear of 3rd knowing that if another ball wasn't kicked we'd be in the premier league next year with £100m+ coming our way (hopefully not Southall's way obviously) then i'm sure yes we'd want the season voided.

But 3rd from bottom knowing that we'll be in league one next year then me personally no i don't want it voided and we need to hope it's safe enough to play on.

Better still though would be if Derby get deducted 13 points or Sheffield Wednesday get deducted 10, then the season is voided and then we're safe.
  • Options
    Agree completely that recent events are far bigger than football but if we were in Leeds' position, 7 points clear of 3rd knowing that if another ball wasn't kicked we'd be in the premier league next year with £100m+ coming our way (hopefully not Southall's way obviously) then i'm sure yes we'd want the season voided.

But 3rd from bottom knowing that we'll be in league one next year then me personally no i don't want it voided and we need to hope it's safe enough to play on.

Better still though would be if Derby get deducted 13 points or Sheffield Wednesday get deducted 10, then the season is voided and then we're safe.
    The season should be void if it cant be completed and promotions/relegations scrapped. I'd feel the same regardless of our existing position.

There has to be some integrity re a meaningful conclusion. This is simply a bodge.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    It's too much ... How many times can one source cause you pain... 

F*** ... 

It's so hard to take. 

You'll harden to it mate, the first 60 years are the worst with the odd time for celebration chucked in like this time last year 😉.
  • Options
    Nine games left to finish the season,it will only take three weeks to finish even behind closed doors,it is the fairest way .
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier, but whilst I was in a shop this morning, it stated on the radio that when the championship starts again , note not if...it will cost each club between 200k and 250k for testing.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that Millwall had put forward a proposal that the 3 promoted sides foot the testing bill out of their new found wealth.
  • Options
    Just wrote to the EFL and highlighted the need to sort out derby/sheff w and brum before they throw the word Integrity out there!
    Chumps of the first order! 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Hypothetically, if a club like Leeds were in the bottom 3. Do you think the EFL would relegate them? Highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Void isn’t an option. You can’t have teams who (in some cases) are dead and buried squirming out of relegation.

Next season is gonna be compromised already so just finish this one whenever is safe to do so.

Speaking honestly when we consider all going on at the club and how we were playing before the break, there’s every chance we are heading down, but at least it’s on the pitch.

Who is dead and buried in the Championship?
    Thinking more Norwich in the Prem... I assume we are mirroring their rules.
    Clubs have climbed out of worse positions than the one faced by Norwich at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read somewhere that Millwall had put forward a proposal that the 3 promoted sides foot the testing bill out of their new found wealth.
    Good idea that those with new found wealth should pick up the tab. Here is my nominee.......

Integrity?
  • Options
    As a side informal issue. And I get it is two unrelated things.
    If we are due a points deduction, then it should be voided if were relegated in this way as some kind of clumsy form of compensation.
  • Options
    Imagine the season starts and we beat Hull. Suddenly Hull will want the season to continue and we will want it to stop. You can not have this state of affairs as it will always prevent a fair decision.
  • Options
    The only team in the Championship that is lucky that this pandemic has happened is the team we was meant to be playing next, HULL. Since they lost Bowen and Grosicki, they have been terrible and deserve to be  on their way down to League 1. We would of beaten them as well. 
    Whatever happens I will be there when it all gets back to normal, even if we are in League 1 with a -12 point difference and a full of youngsters in our first 11.

• Options
    How do you think teams would vote

I reckon

Vote to end season
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford
    Forest
    Preston
    Reading
    Wednesday
    Birmingham 
    Stoke
    Huddersfield 
    Middlesbrough 
    Wigan
    Hull

Vote to contine
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Millwall
    Cardiff
    Blackburn 
    Swansea
    Derby
    QPR
    Charlton
    Luton
    Barnsley 

That makes it 13-11 to ending the season now 

The 3 mid table teams are playing for nothing, so why pay money for testig.

Brentford are not chasing the top 3 so may as well settle for play offs
    Why would Sheffield Wednesday vote to the end the season?

With a hefty points deduction hanging over them (if it ever gets sorted) wouldn't they want to play on and ensure they finish a good 15-20 points clear of the bottom 3?

If the season ends and their deduction is 10 or more then they're relegated.
    I might be getting mixed-up, and I can't find it again, but I think I read somewhere that Gary Monk wants to play on; although feelings might differ greatly between the dugout and the board.
  • Options
    Imagine the season starts and we beat Hull. Suddenly Hull will want the season to continue and we will want it to stop. You can not have this state of affairs as it will always prevent a fair decision.
    Agreed. You will have to play every game as a cup final as it could be the last of the season.
  • Options
    Would Josh Cullen still be in our side IF the season restarts? how did we cope last time without him?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The only team in the Championship that is lucky that this pandemic has happened is the team we was meant to be playing next, HULL. Since they lost Bowen and Grosicki, they have been terrible and deserve to be  on their way down to League 1. We would of beaten them as well
    Whatever happens I will be there when it all gets back to normal, even if we are in League 1 with a -12 point difference and a full of youngsters in our first 11.

Lets not let time view things in rose tinted glasses. We were utter turd for months. We are currently in the bottom 3 cos that where we deserve to be. Things were grim before Covid and off pitch are now arguably even grimmer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee definiely isn't having it - and I have to say I'm with him:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/708718/charlton-lee-bowyer-efl-relegation-bottom-three/
  • Options
    The EFL would have to guarantee the relegated teams championship money even if they are in league one to at least appease the clubs going down 
  • Options
    The only team in the Championship that is lucky that this pandemic has happened is the team we was meant to be playing next, HULL. Since they lost Bowen and Grosicki, they have been terrible and deserve to be  on their way down to League 1. We would of beaten them as well

Lets not let time view things in rose tinted glasses. We were utter turd for months. We are currently in the bottom 3 cos that where we deserve to be. Things were grim before Covid and off pitch are now arguably even grimmer.
    I saw us a Wednesday and Huddersfield and in those showings we were unlikely to win any more games. To think Huddersfield were below us when we played them is just rediculous. They were like a top three side. In fact premier League side. Hard to believe they had been so terrible all season. How ever bad the run teams seem to have been on before lockdown, the all (pretty much) managed to win against Charlton. 
  • Options
    I hate football! 
  • Options
    Good for him 
  • Options
    I was very much of the opinion that there was no way the season could restart. Now let’s hope it does and we can battle out of this. I could see a scenario when after a couple of games there’s a spike, R goes over 1, and football is shut down again. So let’s hope we beat Hull. 
  • Options
    Don’t understand why people are so confident of beating Hull. We were pretty dire the last couple of games And looked nailed on for relegation