Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Just listened to the Huddersfield owner talking about his fears for the football pyramid collapsing unless a plan for the future is put in place now.The guy talks so much sense - just hope some of the idiots at the PFA Sky EFL and the Premiership were listening.Wont hold my breath
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Talksport saying that the Macclesfield trust have paid the club wages (10k) this month!
  • Options
    Talksport saying that the Macclesfield trust have paid the club wages (10k) this month!
    Listening to this on TalkSport, they're in just as much of a mess as us

Their current owner isnt paying wages and isnt even interesting in going to the table to discuss a takeover with an interested party

EFL in the next few years is going to become an embarrassment
  • Options
    That can’t be the wage bill unless they use child labour!
  • Options
    It wasn’t long ago I would suggest 70-80pc of this forum was exceptionally against the season restarting.

Truth is we are no different to the likes of Hull etc in that now we want the season to restart because that’s best for us.

I would still be embarrassed if we resorted to this blatant shithousery as we are seeing from Hull (and that’s a word taken from a tweet from a mortified Hull fan)
    I've never been against the season restarting, just against an arbitrary cut off counting as a full season in terms of promotion and relegation. Even if we had been above Hull I wouldn't have agreed with this as it takes no account of the remaining fixtures or the form of the teams. Luton were in excellent form, PPG takes no account of how they had improved in January or how Hull had got massively worse.

In L1 it would be grossly unfair on Tranmere for example to be relegated on PPG when they are 3 points behind Wimbledon with a game in hand AND in better form, having won 3 on the spin

Similarly at the top, Rotherham in 2nd weren't in great form and just 2 points ahead of Oxford who were on fire and won 5 in a row.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    That can’t be the wage bill unless they use child labour!
    I think they said that was only the 20% part of wages of furlough staff
  • Options
    Rumours from the S*n that they’re pushing back the restart from June 12 to June 26. Not looking good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has the question re bets been covered ? Apologies if it has. Would the bookies be obliged to pay out on bets for promotion and relegation decided upon PPG ?
  • Options
    Portugal's league is returning on 3 June.

La Liga is now looking to return on 11 June with the Betis v Sevilla derby match.
  • Options
    Rumours from the S*n that they’re pushing back the restart from June 12 to June 26. Not looking good.
    Definitely isn't going to be the 12th as clubs have rightly said they need longer for training before going back into full matches.

Decision on whether it'll be the 19th or the 26th is likely to be made this week. If it's the 26th June then 6 weeks to get all games finished by 8 August should be do-able with the next season starting first week of September.
  • Options
    But they haven't found a way to solve the issue of contracts so it's not a level playing field 
  • Options
    But they haven't found a way to solve the issue of contracts so it's not a level playing field 
    Its been agreed that clubs will offer all out of contract players extensions (presumably to the end of the season). Its then up to those individual players whether they want to sign them or to continue playing once out of contract.
  • Options
    I reckon it will go ahead. Basing this on absolutely nothing but gut feeling, but I just feel like we're over the hill with this and there's going to be a remarkably easy path back to normality. 
  • Options
    Its been agreed that clubs will offer all out of contract players extensions (presumably to the end of the season). Its then up to those individual players whether they want to sign them or to continue playing once out of contract.
    What a ridiculous idea. The people making these decisions really don't have a clue.
    Most clubs won't be in a position financially to offer proper contracts and no player should be put in a position where they have to choose between putting their future livelihood (or life) at risk or turning their backs on the clubs that have previously employed them. 
  • Options
    Loving the photos on the web site - especially seeing Lyle out there.

Tempted to say something about them bringing the physio table out into the sun but held back and not tempt fate. We will need everyone fit and ready to go.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Loving the photos on the web site - especially seeing Lyle out there.

Tempted to say something about them bringing the physio table out into the sun but held back and not tempt fate. We will need everyone fit and ready to go.
    Poor Lewis Page would probably smack into it! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, I think it is.
  • Options
    McGeady certainly looks in shape in that last photo
  • Options
    McGeady certainly looks in shape in that last photo
    Shop window. Hungry for a new contract?

• Options
    Premier League clubs have approved a return to contact training

Final stages of the restart will be discussed tomorrow

Failing to understand all this is needs to be different between Premier League and Championship etc.
  • Options
    I saw a piece on the BBC online site about how Reading University have mapped out how they think League One would have ended if the season had finished naturally. Fed into the computer results over the past 3 years, typical number of goals scored by each team & some other data. Looked highly impressive.......much better than the PPG shit that the EFL want to rely on. 
  • Options
    I saw a piece on the BBC online site about how Reading University have mapped out how they think League One would have ended if the season had finished naturally. Fed into the computer results over the past 3 years, typical number of goals scored by each team & some other data. Looked highly impressive.......much better than the PPG shit that the EFL want to rely on. 
    Guess they win a fortune every year betting.
  • Options
    RU did the same thing for The Championship too

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88900/we-are-relegated-by-reading