Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Void isn’t an option. You can’t have teams who (in some cases) are dead and buried squirming out of relegation.

Next season is gonna be compromised already so just finish this one whenever is safe to do so.

Speaking honestly when we consider all going on at the club and how we were playing before the break, there’s every chance we are heading down, but at least it’s on the pitch.

Who is dead and buried in the Championship?
    Thinking more Norwich in the Prem... I assume we are mirroring their rules.
    Are they?

They're only six points behind and have Southampton | Everton | Brighton | West Ham | Burnley at home whilst they've got Watford away

Get good results in those games and their away games @ Arsenal | Chelsea | Man City wont matter
  • Options
    Have the Premier League announced what will happen if the season can't finish?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    There were 11 relegation places this season from Prem to league 2.

Only 2 out of the 11 you can say have a team dead and buried, Bolton and Southend.

How is it fair that the other 9 slots are just filled  as you say @DamoNorthStand you cant have a team dead and burried squim there way out but what about those 9 thats weren't dead and burried, its not fair on them who had the games and chances to survive.
  • Options
    I really wish the club was in a position off the pitch for me to really be upset by this decision from the EFL.

As it stands, we are such a mess that id do hand stands to watch us play a derby against Sporting Club Thamesmead if it meant we still had a club to support 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    League One next year, -12 points, Youngsters and a real chance that Bowyer will be gone. It could still be worse.

Then a further relegation next season.
    Surely we can win 4 more games than the 3 shitest teams in that league, we'll find ourselves in league one anyway in 2021 with-12 in the championship amd by far the worst budget. 

Get off to a bad start then it's curtains in no time, just ask Bolton fans.
  • Options
    I haven't read the last 400 posts but..... 

The reason the EFL has been forced into this situation is they have put pressure on the premier league to ensure there is relegation into the championship.  They can't insist on relegation into their league then not have it in thier league. 

The EFL don't want Leeds, WBA and Fulham potentially replaced with Rotherham, Coventry and Oxford. 

The whole thing may still play out differently because I honestly can't see all 71 clubs staying afloat anyway. 

• Options
    Chizz said:
    If we have learned one thing this season, it's this: differences of opinion in football can be simply and agreeably sorted out, thanks to one, new, infallible addition to the football world that has put doubt and uncertainty behind us, fully and forever. 

So, let's get VAR to decide.  

Wonder what the table would look like if offside goals and bad penalty decisions didn't happen.
  • Options
    Balls to the EFL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    If it goes to a vote with a 51% majority, I'd say we're doomed.

Teams with nothing to play for and majority of teams in the play offs will vote to end the season. Any teams within any chance of relegation will vote to end the season. 

Only teams who will want to play on are teams in the relegation zone or teams with a chance of promotion or play off place which is a minority 

• Options
    If L1 finishes as it is (with PPG), Wycombe, Oxford, Pompey and Fleetwood will contest the playoffs with Posh, Sunderland, Doncaster and Ipswich missing out

L1 would be a really tough division next year

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Croydon said:
    This is a sickener. I think I'd really struggle to continue with football if we get relegated off the back of this.
    Exactly how I feel although with club football. Id find it very hard to give up on charlton but I’d just end up spending my money on following England. At least international football has a decent governing body. Oh....
  • Options
    So if Charlton are "unjustly" relegated some of our fans will stop supporting Charlton?
  • Options
    How do you think teams would vote

I reckon

Vote to end season
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford
    Forest
    Preston
    Reading
    Wednesday
    Birmingham 
    Stoke
    Huddersfield 
    Middlesbrough 
    Wigan
    Hull

Vote to contine
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Millwall
    Cardiff
    Blackburn 
    Swansea
    Derby
    QPR
    Charlton
    Luton
    Barnsley 

That makes it 13-11 to ending the season now 

The 3 mid table teams are playing for nothing, so why pay money for testig.

Brentford are not chasing the top 3 so may as well settle for play offs
    Preston would vote to continue. Peter Ridsdale made it clear a while ago that's what he wanted for Preston it was put on Sky Sports News at the time.
  • Options
    No, they should finish the season or void the season. 

This is the only fairest way.  Anything else is a nonsense.
    Would you say that if you was a Leeds fan? Not a pop... genuine question 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Void isn’t an option. You can’t have teams who (in some cases) are dead and buried squirming out of relegation.

Next season is gonna be compromised already so just finish this one whenever is safe to do so.

Speaking honestly when we consider all going on at the club and how we were playing before the break, there’s every chance we are heading down, but at least it’s on the pitch.

Well it is for the Dutch. 
    https://youtu.be/HnzH15hwt48?t=103

Uh skip to 1:43, for some reason it isn't doing that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I haven't read the last 400 posts but..... 

The reason the EFL has been forced into this situation is they have put pressure on the premier league to ensure there is relegation into the championship.  They can't insist on relegation into their league then not have it in thier league. 

The EFL don't want Leeds, WBA and Fulham potentially replaced with Rotherham, Coventry and Oxford. 

The whole thing may still play out differently because I honestly can't see all 71 clubs staying afloat anyway. 

The easiest way to not having Rotherham, Coventry & Oxford  replacing WBA, Leeds & Fulham is to void the season.

Simples.
  • Options

I reckon

Vote to end season
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford
    Forest
    Preston
    Reading
    Wednesday
    Birmingham 
    Stoke
    Huddersfield 
    Middlesbrough 
    Wigan
    Hull

Vote to contine
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Millwall
    Cardiff
    Blackburn 
    Swansea
    Derby
    QPR
    Charlton
    Luton
    Barnsley 

Preston would vote to continue. Peter Ridsdale made it clear a while ago that's what he wanted for Preston it was put on Sky Sports News at the time.
    That then makes it 12-12. Only need one more club to change their vote.

Where is Peter Fonda when you need him.......
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I reckon

Vote to end season
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford
    Forest
    Preston
    Reading
    Wednesday
    Birmingham 
    Stoke
    Huddersfield 
    Middlesbrough 
    Wigan
    Hull

Vote to contine
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Millwall
    Cardiff
    Blackburn 
    Swansea
    Derby
    QPR
    Charlton
    Luton
    Barnsley 

A while ago, was that when people were still talking about null and void being an option.

Preston are 14 points behind 2nd so wont get automatic and are only 3 points above 11th, if the season resumes there is a possibility they may miss out on playoffs, if the season ends and standings are taken as they are then they are in play offs.

There is absolutely no way Preston are voting to continue 
  • Options

I reckon

Vote to end season
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford
    Forest
    Preston
    Reading
    Wednesday
    Birmingham 
    Stoke
    Huddersfield 
    Middlesbrough 
    Wigan
    Hull

Vote to contine
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Millwall
    Cardiff
    Blackburn 
    Swansea
    Derby
    QPR
    Charlton
    Luton
    Barnsley 

The Chanponship will vote to play - because like the PL they want the TV money. Whether they’ll actually get to play to a finish is another matter.
  • Options
    People seem to be talking as if this is done and dusted and we are down. It is far from that. 

Today's announcement is hardly groundbreaking. The EFL had to publish a way of finishing if curtailment happened. FA had already said no to null and void. PPG was the only option.

The majority of clubs have indicated they want to play on. Paulie's list seems sensible on the basis of just league position and self-interest. But as Airman says - even those with an outside chance of playoffs will vote to play. That's 7th all the way down to 16th. Plus potentially teams in the playoffs who hope to have a chance of automatics such as Preston.

Even Leeds and Middlesbrough, who you would think would vote to end the season now, no-brainer, have said they want to play until the end. There is some integrity left between clubs, even if not from the EFL themselves. 

The show will go on.
  • Options
    It's too much ... How many times can one source cause you pain... 

F*** ... 

It's so hard to take. 

• Options
    No, they should finish the season or void the season. 

This is the only fairest way.  Anything else is a nonsense.
    Would you say that if you was a Leeds fan? Not a pop... genuine question 
    Yes.

I did not take it as a pop as you must be upset that you will be 6 points worse off next season!
  • Options

I reckon

Vote to end season
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford
    Forest
    Preston
    Reading
    Wednesday
    Birmingham 
    Stoke
    Huddersfield 
    Middlesbrough 
    Wigan
    Hull

Vote to contine
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Millwall
    Cardiff
    Blackburn 
    Swansea
    Derby
    QPR
    Charlton
    Luton
    Barnsley 

Why would Sheffield Wednesday vote to the end the season?

With a hefty points deduction hanging over them (if it ever gets sorted) wouldn't they want to play on and ensure they finish a good 15-20 points clear of the bottom 3?

If the season ends and their deduction is 10 or more then they're relegated.