Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nimer (and Southall) on TalkSport this morning

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Has anyone asked him about the money paid to his wife's business? Or why he put his property into her name shortly before becoming involved with us? 
    Yes, but as far as I'm aware he's not answered.
    In an interview or social media? If this zoom thing goes ahead I hope it's brought up. 
    I've seen it on Twitter  Answered other questions, ignored that and any other difficult ones, from what I saw.
  • Options
    Can’t see how this won’t end badly. We have no real idea as to who is going to come out on top in the Nimer / EFL debacle. Southall it would seem just a chancer. Looking like Nimer might be too. Surely one of you high flyers can establish just how important and respected a man Nimer actually is ? If he’s the real deal then surely we can relax a little. 
  • Options
    Every single club got a efl payment, Jordan knows all about it without a doubt. 
  • Options
    Can’t see how this won’t end badly. We have no real idea as to who is going to come out on top in the Nimer / EFL debacle. Southall it would seem just a chancer. Looking like Nimer might be too. Surely one of you high flyers can establish just how important and respected a man Nimer actually is ? If he’s the real deal then surely we can relax a little. 
    Lack of proof that he is the real deal suggests he isnt. If he was the real deal there would be plenty of evidence.
  • Options
    Simon Jordan has done more to speak up publicly for the interests of Charlton Athletic football club and its fans in the past decade than Richard Murray.  Think about that.  That is Murray's legacy in a nutshell for me.

Simon Jordan holding people abusing our club to account more than anyone else in the public eye....who'd have thought it.  

Yep - bizarre in'it?!
  • Options
    So MS bought. 35% for a pound. If ESI were to follow through and purchase the property for circa £50M, wouldn't that dilute his shareholding, as none of the money would come from him?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ferryman said:
    So MS bought. 35% for a pound. If ESI were to follow through and purchase the property for circa £50M, wouldn't that dilute his shareholding, as none of the money would come from him?
    We could only hope. I think it's MS vs PM from now on as they together make up ESI.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    EDIT - Wrong Post
  • Options
    Just caught up on this. Fair play to Simon Jordan, wish he could’ve stuck it on Southall for longer.
    SJ had him on the ropes but Jim White interjected before SJ could continue... typical of White.  
    I have no knowledge of business so please go easy on me if I have got this wrong, but as Southall owns 35% of shares does this also mean that he is responsible for providing 35% of the running costs and any debt accrued under their stewardship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is anyone any wiser after that ? .. once again the club has fallen into the hands of very dodgy people 
  • Options
    Great work Dazzler.
  • Options
    Dazzler you are a legend. thanks for that
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 might it be worth making your investigations into Panorama Magic its own thread and possibly making it Members Only?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Worth remembering @AppyAddick (I think it was) either has done business with or has people he trusts that have done business with Nimer and he says they believe he's a trustworthy businessman. 

Whether they've been duped too, well that's open to question. 
    You are right Dazzler, I do have a friend who has done business with ADBD. He has met Nimer on a couple of occasions once to discuss investment and again to review expected performance against the given investment. 

I can't add anything other than TN was very excited about the CAFC opportunity, this was very early doors early December.

• Options
    What a shower of shit, I fear for the future of our club.
  • Options

AFC Charlton here we come. 
    I wouldn't like that name. It's become so commonplace that it's now a bit corny. Why not just Charlton Athletic 2020? For me keeping the Athletic would be imperative.
  • Options
    Just listened to some of the interview; Southall doesn't even seem to understand simple questions from SJ. He basically asked if the Club had either been running under it's own steam since the take-over, or if ANYONE has put any money in to cover anything at all to which Southall went silent for what seemed an eternity before saying - "it...it...it is very hard to answer that question...Simon......errrm". He's either covering something (Can't se what that may be???), or just doesn't understand that very basic question being asked

Agree. I thought that he came across OK until that point. Then he seemed to be lost. Simon Jordan gave him two possibilities and he just went for the easiest answer. He's hiding something. I don't trust him. 

I think that Nimer has the money but it comes from a source that the EFL won't agree to. Perhaps he is somehow now laudering this money and that is why it's taking so long.
  • Options

I wouldn't like that name. It's become so commonplace that it's now a bit corny. Why not just Charlton Athletic 2020? For me keeping the Athletic would be imperative.

Discussing what the name of the new incarnation of our club will be has sent shivers down my spine and to be honest I don’t want to contemplate a life without Charlton Athletic Football Club in it at the moment. Until all hope has gone......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Worth remembering @AppyAddick (I think it was) either has done business with or has people he trusts that have done business with Nimer and he says they believe he's a trustworthy businessman. 

You are right Dazzler, I do have a friend who has done business with ADBD. He has met Nimer on a couple of occasions once to discuss investment and again to review expected performance against the given investment. 

I can't add anything other than TN was very excited about the CAFC opportunity, this was very early doors early December.

@AppyAddick i realise that you are only the messenger so please don't take this as an attempt to shoot you, or of course your buddy. But in my line of work I often needed to assess consultancy type businesses on behalf of clients, and the website was usually the start point. To me the ADBD website has a number of warning signals, namely:
    1. It does not clearly tell me what exactly ADBD does, how it earns revenues
    2. Its human capital (which presumably provide the services) seem to be a pretty disparate bunch. The first two, van Seventer and Hirst have been paid "consultancy fees" by CAFC, but it is not at all obvious from their bios what they might have done for their fees.
    3. (and the biggest warning bell for me) is that in the list of Clients and Partners, the Western based companies shown there are giants: Shell, IBM, Maersk, Lloyds of London, HP, Coutts. But the website gives no clue whatsoever about what it does for this fairly mixed bunch of global giants. For all we learn, it may be nothing more than negotiating reduced rates at the Doha Golf Club (another client) for local execs of these companies. It is always a worry when one sees very big names listed as clients on a very modest website with a frankly vapid content.

So I wonder if there's any chance to learn more about what exactly ADBD does, and how it earns money from its activities?
    But either way, the website has the Sheik's name on the heading. If the whole thing was dodgy, wouldn't Nimer be in deep water with him, or at least have been asked to remove his name?
  • Options

Didn't we become Charlton Athletic 1984 PLC or similar when we were saved in 80's?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

@AppyAddick i realise that you are only the messenger so please don't take this as an attempt to shoot you, or of course your buddy. But in my line of work I often needed to assess consultancy type businesses on behalf of clients, and the website was usually the start point. To me the ADBD website has a number of warning signals, namely:
    2. Its human capital (which presumably provide the services) seem to be a pretty disparate bunch. The first two, van Seventer and Hirst have been paid "consultancy fees" by CAFC, but it is not at all obvious from their bios what they might have done for their fees.
    3. (and the biggest warning bell for me) is that in the list of Clients and Partners, the Western based companies shown there are giants: Shell, IBM, Maersk, Lloyds of London, HP, Coutts. But the website gives no clue whatsoever about what it does for this fairly mixed bunch of global giants. For all we learn, it may be nothing more than negotiating reduced rates at the Doha Golf Club (another client) for local execs of these companies. It is always a worry when one sees very big names listed as clients on a very modest website with a frankly vapid content.

So I wonder if there's any chance to learn more about what exactly ADBD does, and how it earns money from its activities?
    But either way, the website has the Sheik's name on the heading. If the whole thing was dodgy, wouldn't Nimer be in deep water with him, or at least have been asked to remove his name?
    Isn’t he allegedly supposed to be the illegitimate son or something? So perhaps he’s ‘indulged’. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Isn’t he allegedly supposed to be the illegitimate son or something? So perhaps he’s ‘indulged’. 
    I've always felt the Sheik's involved from the start and this is where the problem is. There's no other reason for Nimer to hang around. The idea that he is in this to fleece the club is farcical to me.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

All I know is that they are indeed an investment business, I wish I could give you more than that but I'm not able to answer any detail on what the investments in the organisation maybe.

But remember, there won't just be one fund here but a number of funds probably mostly fronted by money from the Royal family, to unwind all of that is going would be a real challenge. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

All I know is that they are indeed an investment business, I wish I could give you more than that but I'm not able to answer any detail on what the investments in the organisation maybe.

But remember, there won't just be one fund here but a number of funds probably mostly fronted by money from the Royal family, to unwind all of that is going would be a real challenge. 
    Sorry, but you don't KNOW any of that. It's just your supposition. Unless you yourself have dealings with ADBD & they look after your money then it's just a guess at what they actually do.

FWIW. I think ADBD are a front for TN to "dabble" with a little bit of money from a member of a Royal family (of which TN is the bastard child of). Also, TN has no real wealth of his own & just uses money "given" to him by said Royal family.....hence not being able to show source of funds. TN today moaning that he has £xxxx in his bank account & can show a statement to this effect is just more bollox. To satisfy AML laws (as has been shown earlier upthread) you need more than a flimsy bank statement showing £xxxx on any given day.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Sorry, but you don't KNOW any of that. It's just your supposition. Unless you yourself have dealings with ADBD & they look after your money then it's just a guess at what they actually do.

FWIW. I think ADBD are a front for TN to "dabble" with a little bit of money from a member of a Royal family (of which TN is the bastard child of). Also, TN has no real wealth of his own & just uses money "given" to him by said Royal family.....hence not being able to show source of funds. TN today moaning that he has £xxxx in his bank account & can show a statement to this effect is just more bollox. To satisfy AML laws (as has been shown earlier upthread) you need more than a flimsy bank statement showing £xxxx on any given day.
    Did I say I KNEW any of that?

My opinion, you have yours, between them both we are probably right as they are basically the same thing. 
  • Options
    This has all unraveled pretty quickly, I hate the side show circus we have become.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Well that is something to consider, I agree. But equally I do wonder whether those blue chip companies are aware their logos are on the site. To be fair that sort of liberty is taken all the time all round the world - by dodgy operations. It is hard for such big companies to police.

@AppyAddick Thanks for your reply, I understand you have limited visibility. as politicians say, on this. It is worth considering, re your second sentence - which I didn't quite understand in terms of "several funds" - that Jonathan Heller has publicly disputed that ADBD is an investment fund at all. He described it as a "platform", and I didn't quite understand that either. But he rather dissed the idea that ADBD is anything close to being an investment vehicle, for the rather awkward reason that, he says, it has no internal money to invest. Is Heller a reliable witness? Well it does look like he has tried to get away asap from both parties, and his Linked In profile is far more solid than those of all the others put together, from my POV.