Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kim Jong-Un

Comments

• Options
    There was a time in primary school that the two main topics of conversation between my friends and I was Evel Knieval and Mig 21s. It would be frustrating for me if I was in the audience not knowing which to focus on. 
  • Options
    Give Kim one thing - he does wear some decent clobber for a guy his size.
  • Options
    Have you got the one where they sing naked Seth?
  • Options
    Is there a song called 'Naked Seth'?

• Options
    seth plum said:
    That was the 2017 North Korean AsiaVision entry.

They came 5th and the six girls were subsequently shot by anti-aircraft gins.
  • Options
    Fine but she can do one if she's expecting a cuddle afterwards.
    you might end up with a pair of bollocks on your chin
  • Options
    Did Kirk Douglas visit North Korea?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Thanks for that Seth.

The MIG17 on stage particularly impressed me. Get the feeling the guns were aimed at any audience member who clapped out of beat.
  • Options
    I refuse to believe she will be worse than her brother. 

Steady on there Muttley!   Most of us thought the same when Gaffer Tape left the building.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Addickted said:
    seth plum said:
    Thanks for that Seth.

The MIG17 on stage particularly impressed me. Get the feeling the guns were aimed at any audience member who clapped out of beat.

It certainly wasn't a Mig 17. The smaller wings on the tail of the 17 are higher up. The body and lines of the plane is the Mig 21 but the Mig 21 did have a pointy cone at the front eminating from the jet engine air intake that is missing on the plane on the stage. That is in common with the Mig 17 but the rest is certainly not. I presumed this was a different variant of the Mig 21.

There were quite a few variants although I thought they all had the nose cone! I don't think the plane on the stage is a Mig 18, 19 or 20 either! It can only be a 21 variant.

Mig 17 below. Oh god!  A puzzle to solve. Any more plane geeks here who can help solve it? By the way, I think the air inlet cone actually moved forwards and backwards to regulate the air going into the jet engine at different speeds.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Maybe it was a cheaper version with a different engine! It is my view the Mig-21 is the greatest fighter plane the world has ever seen taking into account its time. It is said in the hands of an experienced pilot, it could give modern fighters a run for their money. This is a design from the 50's!
  • Options
    Maybe it was a cheaper version with a different engine! It is my view the Mig-21 is the greatest fighter plane the world has ever seen taking into account its time. It is said in the hands of an experienced pilot, it could give modern fighters a run for their money. This is a design from the 50's!
    It's actually a Shenyang J-6, the Chinese version of the MIG19.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Ah yes. I forgot about China. Well done. You can see the evolution of the Mig 21 from that. I have lost focus on the singers totally. Give me a plane every time!
  • Options
    We should have averaged out our guesses - me with the MIG17 and you with the MIG21
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Actually, the Mig 19 had a longer variant and that is the one I pictured when I ruled it out. It was a bit before my time, where when I was the right age, the Mig 21 was the best plane in the world. Nostalgia, but I didn't understand it belonged to the other side, it was the coolest thing in the world.

• Options
    Used to be interested in this thread when it was on point. Taken over by the aviation bores. Start a new thread please.  Where are the moderators when you need them.
    Reading up on thrust vectoring.
  • Options
    Used to be interested in this thread when it was on point. Taken over by the aviation bores. Start a new thread please.  Where are the moderators when you need them.
    Seriously, how can something like this be considered boring?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    That is a Mig 17 variant :). The plane on stage was definitely a Mig 19 or chinese variant.  Out of interest, the picture of a Mig 21 below, True or Fake?

• Options
    True - flying at Groom Lake

• Options

Let’s ‘ave it!
  • Options
    Seriously, how can something like this be considered boring?

Because it’s grey. 
  • Options

Let’s ‘ave it!
    I used to have that set.

Panavia Tornado
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Give Kim one thing - he does wear some decent clobber for a guy his size.
    Sharpest fade of all the world's leaders too
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The Kim Jong-Un thread wins:

Taking off on a tangent award for April.