Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Battle of the Bridge watchalong - kick off 3pm - Match thread

Comments

• Options
    89 mins Dorigo with a freekick on their right, but shoots well wide
  • Options
    Bolder claims the ball under the attentions of Dixon, and comes up clutching his nose.
  • Options
    Morts get done for offside, Pates flicks on the free kick but it goes out for a throw
  • Options
    West gets clattered on the edge of the Charlton area by Miller, but ref waves play on.
  • Options
    And it's full time. Chelsea 1 Charlton 1
  • Options
    And it appears to be kicking off in the tunnel...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Off_it said:
    Have you got to the bit where you can see me on the video yet?
    I dunno @off_it, where were you?
  • Options
    Thanks for providing updates for us unable to watch the match aliwibble
    I tell you, I've got a new found respect for the people who usually do the match threads, that was tiring.
  • Options
    Have they let us out of the ground yet?

• Options
    Brilliant thanks for putting on, we used to have a good record against Chelsea remember the time we smashed them 3 0 in 89! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Leaburn is now up, wanting to fight someone - Miller, Bolder and Jimmy Hendry are havign to get him off the pitch.

Clear chants of "you black bastard" can be heard from the Chelsea fans
    "You better not come down Loosham"
  • Options
    @Off_it pretty sure not :smile:
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Leaburn is now up, wanting to fight someone - Miller, Bolder and Jimmy Hendry are havign to get him off the pitch.

"You better not come down Loosham"
  • Options
    One of the best turnouts I have ever seen from Charlton, intimidated, not a chance xx
    Me and Hillman were in the Shed Bar (or whatever it’s called) before the game, that was funny in itself.

• Options
    Carlo. 
    Proper Charlton. 
  • Options
    Gutted I missed this one as was in Gran Canaria . This game and the play off game in Birmingham against Leeds are the two matches I regret most of not attending in all those years following cafc .
  • Options
    Wasn't there and hadn't seen that before. Thanks @aliwibble

Seemed weak and very error prone until we scored. None of the wing back play I'd have hoped to see from Humphrey and Reid, but they did have their hands full. Robert Lee playing deep was a surprise too.

Poor Micky Bennet didn't do a thing right in those highlights and gave way to Jones as half time and what a key player he turned out to be. Don't remember him as runner and ball holder-up-er (footballer!), but then again knew this team less than any other in my time.

What period of the game was the aggro in our end?
  • Options
    Great turn out in St Martins Tavern before the game.
  • Options
    Wasn't there and hadn't seen that before. Thanks @aliwibble

What period of the game was the aggro in our end?
    It was straight after Chelsea scored, a bunch of them were jumping around and hadn’t noticed Selwyn and Co behind them. A poor choice of viewing position on their part.
  • Options
    Is that the pub round the corner from the griffin in John Adam st?
    been bugging me since I saw this thread as to the name of the boozer we was in beforehand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    been bugging me since I saw this thread as to the name of the boozer we was in beforehand.
    Villiers Street.
  • Options
    Yes, that’s the one. We always used to meet in there before midweek England games too.
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    One of the best turnouts I have ever seen from Charlton, intimidated, not a chance xx
    Me and Hillman were in the Shed Bar (or whatever it’s called) before the game, that was funny in itself.

Wrong game, that was the midweek game, now that St Martins Tavern has been mentioned
  • Options
    Yeah, remember coming out pub turning right then left towards Embankment & our mob was stretched out solid down to tube. Big turn out. 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that, thanks! Shocking the racist chanting. I was in stitches at some of the full on tackles by both sides - how the game has changed for the better.
  • Options
    Football in the 80's had passion.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The one match I was truly jealous not attending. It was the season I started supporting Charlton, first match I saw was the 2-0 loss away to QPR I knew they were the team for me, such low expectations. I remember as a 14 year old travelling to the home game on bank holiday Monday at Selhurst vs Watford. Travelling from west London didn’t arrive until half time had no idea of the score, Honestly thought it was a draw at the end 0 0 sounds crazy now not to know the score.

For the Chelsea game had a football tournament in Bradford and couldn’t go, although my older brother went. Found out at the end of the day that we had stayed up. Very silly but something that will stay with me forever.

ps thanks for putting this up Aliwibble

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    West gets clattered on the edge of the Charlton area by Miller, but ref waves play on.
    Those of you watching the video may have noticed that the picture breaks up horribly at that point. That's because my Dad rewound the video and played it back frame by frame multiple times to try to work out exactly how Paul Miller had fouled Colin West.