Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Have you had Covid 19?

edited May 2020 in Not Sports Related
Poll at the suggestion of @Covered End. Just a little snapshot of how it's affected us, or not, as individuals. Obviously it's optional, they all are, so don't feel any pressure to disclose if you don't want to.

We don't really wan't to make this a discussion thread in its own right, as there are lots of them already, so would appreciate it if any comments could be put either on the general corona virus thread or on the sufferers thread. Well that fell on deaf ears so we might as well say fill yer boots. Whilst were at it, have another hour's exercise! Thanks.  

POLL: Have you had Covid 19? 355 votes

I have tested positive.
0%
SoundAsa£mickc 2 votes
I’ve not had a test, but I'm fairly sure I've had it.
19%
rinaShagThommoSolidgonekinveachyaddickaliwibblegolfaddickCovered EndblackheathaddickCHGPeakieRocketStrasburgerHandGcafcbrownRalphMilnesgutalan dugdalepaulsturgessChizzse9addickjohnnybev1987 69 votes
I don't think I've had it.
46%
kigeliaSouthendaddick1905LargeAddickCAFCBournemascot88cafcpolojimmymelroseChicagoAddickiansargeoohaahmortimerBDLrikofoldWeegie AddickCarterDanepaksoapy_jonesNo.1 in South LondonstonemuseStu_of_Kunming 164 votes
I'm sure I've not had it.
33%
LoOkOuTAFKABartramRothko_MrDicksuzisausageElthamaddickpickwicklancashire ladCurb_ItHenry IrvingCharltonparklaneKBslittlesisWhenIwasLittleBoyJohnBoyUKInspectorSandsCafcWesttrickyWilmaLouisMendSX_Addick 120 votes

Comments

• Options
    I think there is a category missing here along the lines of “I’ve had a few symptoms since Christmas that incline me to think that I may have had it but I’m really not sure”.  
    That’s option three surely?
  • Options
    I'm considering buying one of these and putting an end to the 'did I have it at xmas' debate 

https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/coronavirus-antibody-test/
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm considering buying one of these and putting an end to the 'did I have it at xmas' debate 

Imagine the disappointment when it tests negative 
  • Options
    I think there is a category missing here along the lines of “I’ve had a few symptoms since Christmas that incline me to think that I may have had it but I’m really not sure”.  
    Isn't option 3 a bit more definite

I fall into the middle as well, as I definitely had SOMETHING in March, but don't know whether it was Coronavirus or the Flu as I had a fever, aches and a slightly tight chest, but no cough or breathing difficulties 
  • Options
    edited May 2020

That covers me, had flu around new year that had all the symptoms of Covid-19 - and it seems to have been confirmed that it was in Europe in December. But I've had an antibody test that was negative. So don't think I've had it but can't be 100% sure as there are a lot of false negatives, or my body didn't retain antibodies.

Ticked the third option.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Poll at the suggestion of @Covered End. Just a little snapshot of how it's affected us, or not, as individuals. Obviously it's optional, they all are, so don't feel any pressure to disclose if you don't want to.

We don't really wan't to make this a discussion thread in its own right, as there are lots of them already, so would appreciate it if any comments could be put either on the general corona virus thread or on the sufferers thread. Thanks.  

Questions 3 and 4 are basically the same.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Imagine the disappointment when it tests negative 
    Yeah for sure, would be a huge relief knowing I've already had it once and not died !
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I fall into the middle as well, as I definitely had SOMETHING in March, but don't know whether it was Coronavirus or the Flu as I had a fever, aches and a slightly tight chest, but no cough or breathing difficulties 
    I would still say that’s option three. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I would still say that’s option three. 
    Not really, as everyone has had a different reaction to the virus. AND it was in late March
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100% confident that I've not had it, hayfever has a flipping nuisance at times though

My parents (both over 65) have been tested as has my Father in Law who was in Hospital the other week

Not that I've seen any of them
  • Options
    I think I had it in March.
  • Options
    I had something late February, not serious but it was not a cold. 
  • Options
    I have not been out of the house for 8 weeks except for walking my dog at 7am every morning and seeing very few people. With my age and medical problem I would definitely know if I had it
  • Options
    Government and SAGE tests have indicated they think 4% of people outside of London and 10% of people in London may have had it so far. 
  • Options
    Not had a test but late Jan I had a severe fever for 10 days, a persistent cough and no taste
  • Options
    I had flu with a cough a week before Christmas but i don't think that could have been Covid-19 
  • Options
    @sam3110 You're not showing up as having answered the poll. Can you not see it?
  • Options
    The more I think about it I had it. 
    I had confirmed Pneumonia late Jan early Feb. But only after being doctors 4 times and 2 courses of antibiotics did they send me for a chest xray which showed a shadow of some sort. Tbh once I got the results I didnt bother going back to the doctors as I googled to much shit and become paranoid it was something more sinister. 

I could barely walk to the shop without feeling dizzy and out of breath, was quite scary sometimes. 

• Options
    Like the rest of the world, the results of this exit poll continue to astound.

We are in the middle of a pandemic. There is a pretty wide variety of people on here from all depths and breadths of the Land and the 'tested positive' column stands at 0%!

If Covid19 was an MP it would be Jeremy Corbyn!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    In bed ill for 2.5 weeks, had symptoms on and off for about 3 weeks before that. Not sure if I had it but important thing is I feel right as rain over a month or so later. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I went for 2.....

I had a terrible cough & cold all over xmas & the new year. It went on for 6-8 weeks & I got through 4 bottles of cough medicine. Went to the GP twice & after a course of anti-biotics didnt shift it he said it was a virus. Never have had a cough like it. Persistent, dry & not flemmy. The sweating I put down to constantly running around as I was moving houses around that time & was packing/unpacking/going to the tip every day. 

Reason why I wasn't probably hospitalised is that I use a C-PAP machine at night due to sleep apnea. This is basically a small ventilator & what the NHS were using 2 months ago when they were running out of ventilators. 

• Options
    Pretty sure that i haven't had it. I am right in the sweet spot for complications,Age, Gender, and BMI. So i think if i had  had COVID 19 i would have been knocked for 6!
  • Options
    Very surprised categories one and two aren't higher. Maybe it's the company I keep. 
  • Options

Had a horrendous cough and very high temperature in early January but just thought it was a chest infection.  Was off work for a week and fully recovered about 10 days after first getting ill.

Honestly no idea if it was Covid but had the symptoms.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    We have far fewer hypochondriacs here than I anticipated and I'm disappointed in all of you! Everyone I know things they've had it!

...myself included. Think I told the story before but I was in New Orleans (had to fly across the country, including stopping in Seattle twice) about a week before Mardi Gras for a conference at a VA Hospital that would go on to see 1/3 of all VA COVID cases in the month of March. Came back and was ill for about three weeks. Had a fever, a cough but not too bad, but my lungs felt weird to the point where I thought I had pneumonia. Terrible problems with fatigue and lack of energy. Then had burning in my lungs whenever I tried to exercise for a few weeks after. That seems to be abating (touch wood).

Mine would have been on the earlier side, contraction mid-Feb, symptoms late Feb-mid March. That's the only thing that's a big question mark for me. But given I was in one city that became a hot spot, and flew through another, it certainly seems possible.  

Tried to get an antibody test but apparently we don't have them in the state of Oregon yet. Not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to know if I had it for blood donation purposes and whatnot. 

• Options
    I’m in one of the 20,000 households that has been selected to be monitored over the next year. What was supposed to have happened is a Government Boffin was supposed to come weekly to take blood and swabs for 5 weeks straight and then swabs once a month. They came 3 weeks ago for the first time but haven’t been since. Phoned the helpline and they admitted they’d bitten off more than they can chew. Was supposed to get the results of the tests last week but haven’t heard a thing so don’t know if I’ve had it or not. Been fanatical about cleanliness so I suspect I haven’t had it ... yet 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Every time I have had a hangover since this started I have convinced myself I have got it.

I don't think I have.  I've just been drinking too much on a regular basis.

There should be a new category "man-covid".
  • Options
    Went for Option 3 because I don't think I have had but noone can be certain. 
  • Options
    I am 95% certain i had it, right from the outset 2 months ago. I went to cheltenham for a couple of days, the friday i went on a stag do to budapest. Friday night i came down with a virus (couldn't breathe, bad temperature) the next day i stayed in my room the whole time and self isolated (was told i wasn't allowed on any group things), flew home Sunday was even worse breathing was awful and had the dreaded cough. I self isolated in my room (mum was cooking food and dropping it outside the door), this lasted for about 10-11 days, the first few days were awful and really bad for my asthma, we did call the 111 number who said to go to a hospital if symptoms or chest get worse. 
    For the last week it was more just getting rid of the cough but i didn't leave my room as i didn't want to risk others getting it, i live with my mum, stepdad + brother.