Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Have you had Covid 19?

Comments

• Options
    I’ve not had a test, but I'm fairly sure I've had it.
    My wife tested positive & as my daughter & I had the same symptoms before her our Dr said we are very likely to also have had it. We didn’t have a cough & put the breathing problems down to asthma. Wife had same breathing problems but never had asthma so an ambulance was called & when she went to hospital she was routinely tested with he positive result
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I don't think I've had it.
    Like a few other posters,  I had an awful cough and flu type illness that started around the 8th December and went on until the middle of January.  At the onset I had a fever/ temperature for around two days.  

I have never had anything like it before and the cough was awful.  I was almost having to make myself vomit to try and cough up a substance that resembled polyfilla. 

One thing that really stands out about it was how one day around the 12th /13th January I was still in bed ill and a couple of days later I was right as rain. It just seemed to vanish in a very short space of time. 

Probably wasn't Covid 19 but it was a new illness for me. A work colleague had it exactly the same. 
  • Options
    I went for 2.....

I had a terrible cough & cold all over xmas & the new year. It went on for 6-8 weeks & I got through 4 bottles of cough medicine. Went to the GP twice & after a course of anti-biotics didnt shift it he said it was a virus. Never have had a cough like it. Persistent, dry & not flemmy. The sweating I put down to constantly running around as I was moving houses around that time & was packing/unpacking/going to the tip every day. 

Reason why I wasn't probably hospitalised is that I use a C-PAP machine at night due to sleep apnea. This is basically a small ventilator & what the NHS were using 2 months ago when they were running out of ventilators. 

So did a lot of people, Golfie - me included. However I tested negative on the antibody test and the doctor who administered it did say that there was a specific bug going around in late December/early January that was categorically not Covid-19.
  • Options
    Plumped for option 2, but really I fall between 2 and 3 as I had a virus with some of the COVID symptoms, but not all, so I don't know if it was COVID or the flu

Also it was at the end of March, so in the right time period, especially as my area (NW London) was badly affected around that time
  • Options
    God bless Seb of course who died from Covid and should be included in the poll.
    I didn't know whether to mention as perhaps seems insensitive ?
    I'm happy to delete if it is inappropriate.
  • Options
    Wifey and I got mild symptoms one the same day. Mine didn't progress beyond a cough, hers got a lot worse leading up to a paramedic visit when she was really struggling to breath. 111 and gp had both told her to call an ambulance the day before but she didn't want to tie up the resources but it eventually got too bad. they said she almost certainly had it but that she really didn't want to go to hospital if at all avoidable, our local was full and the next nearest, Northwick Park (this is the hospital which declared a critical incident at one point due to the virus) already had 4 ambulances parked up waiting hours to admit their patients. Neither of us got a fever at any point
  • Options
    I came back from Benidorm late November and had all the symptoms on the day I got up to come home, dry cough, hot & cold, really bad chest as someone with COPD I usually get a chest infection every year but this was worse, 2 courses of antibiotics and steroids and 3 weeks later finally shook it off, I've convinced myself I had it
  • Options
    Hypochondriacs anonymous.
  • Options
    I'm sure I've not had it.
    As sure as I can be given that you can be asymptomatic, but none of my family have been ill.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.
  • Options
    not had a test but i had all the symptoms and it was really bad in December - another dose in March but nowhere near as bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the Covid Toe symptoms about a month ago
  • Options
    Had the Covid Toe symptoms about a month ago

Gout?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm considering buying one of these and putting an end to the 'did I have it at xmas' debate 

https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/coronavirus-antibody-test/
    Dont bother. They dont meet the PHE standards for accuracy yet. You're as likely to get a false positive as a correct reading. Completely pointless.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    From end of Dec through to the mid of Jan,I had fits & spats of the dry cough & absolutely drained with it & also had a temperature...I put the cough down to the symptoms of the new thyroid tabs I was put on...I’m still on same tablets now & as said no coughs since jan,told my doctor all this back in feb,I then had a telephone consultation the other day,about repeat prescriptions,explained that it maybe couldn’t have been the tablets...she says maybe I could well have had it then...work mates are convinced too & after me a fair few had some symptoms & also think they may have had it now too...can’t wait to have the test to tell me either way...
  • Options
    Had cough fever and exhaustion the week before lockdown. Almost certain it was it. 
  • Options
    I'm sure I have not had it and I am a borderline hypochondriac I think!  Get myself a bit too wound up about this sort of stuff and generally stay clear of the Covid thread on here but so far, save for the most mild cough ever which I had from Dec until last week (but I am talking one or two coughs a day type thing) I have had no symptoms.  Everyone else in my house has had a sore throat since lockdown but no other symptoms.

• Options
    Everyone I speak to seems to think they have had it, forgetting how often colds and bugs go around. There are so many things that might be symptoms - my friend had a rash on his toe recently, saw the covid toe stuff and now he's saying he had it because he remembers having a cough as well.
  • Options

I have had a cold since December, given Covid is a 3 to 4 week illness from those I know that have really had it, I don't think there is any chance what I have had is anything other than an ordinary cold.

• Options
    option two - I’ve not had a test but I’m fairly sure I’ve had it is currently 20% of the responses. I would absolutely shocked if this were anywhere near close to being accurate. Much more like 4% 
  • Options
    option two - I’ve not had a test but I’m fairly sure I’ve had it is currently 20% of the responses. I would absolutely shocked if this were anywhere near close to being accurate. Much more like 4% 

Agreed.
    A lot of people are surmising the bug in December/January was Covid-19 - it almost certainly wasn't although Covid was probably in the UK around then or just after. Colds. seasonal flu, hay fever are also confused with Covid symptoms.
    Likely around 5% I would say, max 10% certainly in London and perhaps the larger cities of Birmingham, Manchester and so on, but that's still 3-6 million.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I suspect we have quite a lot of hypochondriacs on Charlton Life if 20% think they have had it! Either that or Charlton fans are a suspectable group somehow!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Over 300 voted and only one confirmed case . That seems extremely low . Is that typical of the general public or is that because of the lack of testing  ? 
  • Options
    Had a virus end of March/beginning April. Was laid up for 2 weeks, unable to function and took a week or so to recover. My symptoms were aching body, exhaustion, and a lot of shivering. I didn't get a fever or a cough. It was either Covid or flu. 
    I've not had a test -  at the time people who really needed one weren't getting them so didn't even consider. Other people in my office before lockdown had had it - one colleague's partner worked with someone who had flown back from Italy. 

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Nobody can say they definitely haven’t had it as it can be completely symptomless. 

I had an annoying but not that unpleasant tickly cough for about 3 weeks in late March/ early April. Have had much much worse coughs, and had very little other symptoms. This came on at the same time that 2 of my footy teammates had 100% covid; no test but fever cough and the tell tale loss of taste and smell. This all happened about 4-5 days after sat immediately next to each other having a beer in the pub. Whilst my symptoms were very mild, I think It’s pretty likely I had it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Over 300 voted and only one confirmed case . That seems extremely low . Is that typical of the general public or is that because of the lack of testing  ? 
    1/300 = 0.003333333
    UK population = 67m

67m * 0.003333 ~ 223,000

UK confirmed cases according to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/ is 229,705

So looks like CL is pretty bang on?

Btw I got my vote wrong, I'm sure I've not had it
  • Options
    How can anyone be sure that they've not had it without proper testing?
  • Options
    This is dangerous thinking the bug that went round from November to January was Covid-19. We need to be testing people far more than we are 
  • Options
    I have decided to get me and my son antibody tested tomorrow. We will know then. 

He had all the symptoms at about the right time given my exposure to work colleagues who also had them all. I had very little.

by Friday or Monday we will know if we did or didn’t have it. 
  • Options
    I have decided to get me and my son antibody tested tomorrow. We will know then. 

He had all the symptoms at about the right time given my exposure to work colleagues who also had them all. I had very little.

by Friday or Monday we will know if we did or didn’t have it. 
    Can you let me know which product you went with please? Was it that firm in Wales or someone else. Wouldn't normally ask but I'm on the Vulnerable list and think I had this damn virus back in January. Thanks