Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Have you had Covid 19?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I’ve not had a test, but I'm fairly sure I've had it.
    I know the concerns @cantersaddick and I would not use a finger prick test. However I do think there are high accuracy lab tests available if you give a decent amount of blood.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-abbott/study-suggests-abbott-covid-19-antibody-test-highly-likely-to-give-correct-results-idUKKBN22K23O

we will be going in to the doctors and having intravenous blood taken which is the basis upon which both the Abbott and Roche tests obtained their 99.9% accuracy (maybe a bit lower at 97%) and 100% specificity (targeted at COVID-19 rather than other Corona viruses.

The people we will be seeing use the Abbott test. 
  • Options
    I don't think I've had it.
    I know the concerns @cantersaddick and I would not use a finger prick test. However I do think there are high accuracy lab tests available if you give a decent amount of blood.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-abbott/study-suggests-abbott-covid-19-antibody-test-highly-likely-to-give-correct-results-idUKKBN22K23O

we will be going in to the doctors and having intravenous blood taken which is the basis upon which both the Abbott and Roche tests obtained their 99.9% accuracy (maybe a bit lower at 97%) and 100% specificity (targeted at COVID-19 rather than other Corona viruses.

Yes, the laboratory analysed tests, assuming they are Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) tests, are very accurate.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

bobmunro said:

Yes, the laboratory analysed tests, assuming they are Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) tests, are very accurate.
    Sounds good. Glad you've done your research. Best of luck.
  • Options
    I have decided to get me and my son antibody tested tomorrow. We will know then. 

He had all the symptoms at about the right time given my exposure to work colleagues who also had them all. I had very little.

by Friday or Monday we will know if we did or didn’t have it. 
    I have decided to get me and my son antibody tested tomorrow. We will know then. 

He had all the symptoms at about the right time given my exposure to work colleagues who also had them all. I had very little.

Can you let me know which product you went with please? Was it that firm in Wales or someone else. Wouldn't normally ask but I'm on the Vulnerable list and think I had this damn virus back in January. Thanks
    Guys just a word of warning. Dint be taking the result of any antibody test as a given. There are currently none in existence that meet Public Health England's standards for accuracy or reliability. They are still saying you are better off not having one as a false positive could cause you to take even the smallest of risks which could then put you in danger. 

I would wait until the pass one as accurate enough.
    Announced tonight there is, from Switzerland. 
  • Options
    A good side study to this would be how many people have had "flu". Ever.  I mean proper flu, not a cold, not flu like symptoms.  Not a bit fluy.   
  • Options
    I'm sure I've not had it.
    Over 50 male asthmatic 
    If I’d contracted this virus statistically I’d be fucked for weeks 
    guided by the science I probably haven’t been exposed 
    shame there’s no properly reliable antibody tests only then could I find out if I’m a lucky genetic freak who could be donating plasma 
    on the subject of which. Any of you that have lived through this infection largely unscathed you need to be on the blood plasma donation scheme. It’s proper scientific genius and helps to save lives for half an hour of your time and a tiny scratch on your arm - there’s tea n biscuits too!
  • Options

Can you let me know which product you went with please? Was it that firm in Wales or someone else. Wouldn't normally ask but I'm on the Vulnerable list and think I had this damn virus back in January. Thanks
    Guys just a word of warning. Dint be taking the result of any antibody test as a given. There are currently none in existence that meet Public Health England's standards for accuracy or reliability. They are still saying you are better off not having one as a false positive could cause you to take even the smallest of risks which could then put you in danger. 

I would wait until the pass one as accurate enough.
    Thanks Canters just seen the papers this morning about Roche... How did you know?? Will now wait rather than pay out nearly a hundred quid. 
  • Options
    Over 50 male asthmatic 
    If I’d contracted this virus statistically I’d be fucked for weeks 
    guided by the science I probably haven’t been exposed 
    shame there’s no properly reliable antibody tests only then could I find out if I’m a lucky genetic freak who could be donating plasma 
    on the subject of which. Any of you that have lived through this infection largely unscathed you need to be on the blood plasma donation scheme. It’s proper scientific genius and helps to save lives for half an hour of your time and a tiny scratch on your arm - there’s tea n biscuits too!
    I signed up for the blood plasma scheme (especially as one of the main test centres is quite near me), not heard back yet.

I was also genuinely interested in being a vaccine guineapig, but as I had a fever in March was ruled out