Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keep getting signed out

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    OK, to everybody "me too"ing, can you say whether you're using
    • desktop site or mobile site
    • charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com or forum.charltonlife.com
    • safari, chrome, firefox, edge, opera or some other browser
    • Mac, Android or Windows
    so we can see if we can narrow down what those of you having issues have in common. Personally, I'm fine on desktop/charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/firefox/windows, but I never click on the Forum, Categories, Activity links at the top, as they are hardcoded to send you through to the forum.charltonlife.com links, and then I have to log in again.
  • Options
    nah Sorry, I spoke too soon. Still kyboshed. 
  • Options
    I still have to sign in every time.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    so we can see if we can narrow down what those of you having issues have in common. Personally, I'm fine on desktop/charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/firefox/windows, but I never click on the Forum, Categories, Activity links at the top, as they are hardcoded to send you through to the forum.charltonlife.com links, and then I have to log in again.
    Mobile Site
    Forum.charltonlife.com
    Chrome
    Android

Use the same shortcut on my homepage as I always have done, but this issue has only been the last couple of days
  • Options
    Signed out every time I change page on my laptop and phone last couple of days.
  • Options
    I’m signed out when I go onto forum.charltonlife.com but if I click onto a thread it shows me signed in.
  • Options
    I sign in, look at one thread however as soon as I select another thread I get kicked out, once I sign in a second time though all okay.

This only happens on my PC using windows/Chrome.

Ipad is fine when using Safari.
  • Options
    Me too, on my iPad and iPhone 
  • Options
    Having no issues with the mobile site on my iPhone.
  • Options
    mobile site on iPhone signs me out on every visit 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mobile site on iPhone signs me out on every visit 
    Yup, still a problem 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Still happening:

Desktop Site
    Forum.charltonlife.com
    Firefox
    Linux

• Options
    Kept out of it, but this happens every time I log in whether it is on my phone, tablet or pc. 
    This happened a few years ago. Surprised not fixed yet. 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    For me it is when I go on the site. Haven't clicked anything at all. I've got keep me signed in ticked. As soon as I log in and then stay on the site for a while it's fine. Even if I close it and come back after say half hour it's fine.

Anything longer than that and it logs me out.
    same problem for me an all
    Yes, this is what happens to me also.
  • Options
    I'm getting it a lot now as well. 

Andriod Phone.
    Google Chrome. 
    www.forum.charltonlife.com.

• Options
    OK, the common denominator appears to be forum.charltonlife.com from those of you who've given more details so far. Thanks for that. If you can try logging in to https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com instead and see if you get the same problem, that would be helpful. However you need to be aware that using the Forum, Category and Activity links at the top of the page or the Roland Out at the bottom will kick you back to forum.charltonlife.com, so you may end up back at square one again.
  • Options
    Me too

Forum.charltonlife.com
    Mobile site
    Android
    Firefox
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    OK, the common denominator appears to be forum.charltonlife.com from those of you who've given more details so far. Thanks for that. If you can try logging in to https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com instead and see if you get the same problem, that would be helpful. However you need to be aware that using the Forum, Category and Activity links at the top of the page or the Roland Out at the bottom will kick you back to forum.charltonlife.com, so you may end up back at square one again.
    Did that and got immediately logged out.
  • Options
    Happening to me now . 
  • Options
    Still happening to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Mine was ok for the first time in a while this morning.
    EDIT - Ah scrap that - just tried again from a new window and same issue 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Did that and got immediately logged out.
    When you say you got logged out, had you logged in on the https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com site and then got kicked out, or you connected to it, and it showed you as being not logged in? Being logged in on one doesn't automatically log you in on the other.
  • Options
    When I try the vanillacommunity link it doesn't recognize my password!
  • Options
    OK, that's interesting. Can you remember when you last changed it @dwb?
  • Options
    still happening on all my devices
  • Options
    Happened to me this morning again. iPhone login to forum.charltonlife.com. This has been happening for me since Thursday last week. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    OK, that's interesting. Can you remember when you last changed it @dwb?
    I've just tried it again and the same thing has happened---it doesn't recognise my password.
  • Options
    I’ve found if you just scan the badge you don’t need to sign in.
  • Options
    Went on forum.charltonlife.com this morning for the first time since last night and I was still signed in. Looked at one thread, clicked home and I was signed out.

Also tried the vanilla community link and the issue occurs on there too.
  • Options
    Thanks Ross. We're trying to replicate the problem, so the more details we have the better.