Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Butler's first stumping?
    Nope. That's test cricket
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    What a captain Morgan is, above all 
    Just knows how to win white ball matches doesn't he. Our bowling attack is absolutely formiddable, could put out 2 lots of 4x2 seamers and give anyone a game. 

Genuinely think the second choice England XI would be around 5th in the world. 
  • Options
    Butler's first stumping?
    32nd. More than twice as many as any other England player. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Butler's first stumping?
    32nd. More than twice as many as any other England player. 
    Even forgot the world cup final winning one! Got into my head when it was frequently mentioned during the recent tests that he hadn't got one in test cricket
  • Options
    as Sir Alex didn't say, "cricket - bloody hell"

• Options
    BR3red said:

Bonkers.
  • Options
    Sam Curran done really  well to be left to bowl have overs at the death, the two wickets with 2 balls sealed it, Archer and Woakes were brilliant and Morgan for me best captain in the world in white ball cricket. Roll on Wednesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the end of the world, but how did Archer get MOTM over Woakes? No chance. 
  • Options
    It is a bit of a head scratcher. Woakes scored a crucial 26 and then took the wickets of Finch and Labushagne (their two top scorers) plus another potential match winner in Maxwell and had marginally better bowling figures than Archer.
  • Options
    all makes for a potentially terrific rubber decider (rubber = series)
  • Options
    It is a bit of a head scratcher. Woakes scored a crucial 26 and then took the wickets of Finch and Labushagne (their two top scorers) plus another potential match winner in Maxwell and had marginally better bowling figures than Archer.
    Yes, very odd.a lit of pundits saying the same
  • Options
    It was a bit of an odd one, but no real standout candidates if you factor in T Curran and Rashid’s runs and bowling. I would have been in favour of Morgan getting it for his captaincy, but can’t ever recall that being done before.
  • Options
    It was a bit of an odd one, but no real standout candidates if you factor in T Curran and Rashid’s runs and bowling. I would have been in favour of Morgan getting it for his captaincy, but can’t ever recall that being done before.
    I thought the same. They were taling on TMS about when a captain got it after being out for a duck and not even bowling!
  • Options
    I thought the same. They were taling on TMS about when a captain got it after being out for a duck and not even bowling!
    Interesting did not know that. I think Morgan will be remembered for his captaincy for many years to come
  • Options
    When you're out of nick you're out of nick!

0-1

Jason Roy gone first ball of the match
  • Options
    0-2

Root goes 2nd ball of the match

Starc 2-0
  • Options
    Make that 0 -2.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off to a flier
  • Options
    The biggest shock was that Root didn't review. It was plumb but even so! 

Perhaps Bairstow told him that he wanted the two reviews for himself
  • Options

0-1

his was a crazy selection .. he had had virtually no cricket this year .. let's see if Root can actually take root for a few overs
  • Options
    Wherefore art thou, Zak.....
  • Options
    I've got my pads on at this rate lol
  • Options
    Fun fact Fanny - wherefore means why. (Well, it's not a very fun fact, but nor is this start to a game)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Fun fact Fanny - wherefore means why. (Well, it's not a very fun fact, but nor is this start to a game)
    So, Will got that wrong ?

"Why are you , Romeo "

Just as well he didn't post on here.....
  • Options

0-1

his was a crazy selection .. he had had virtually no cricket this year .. let's see if Root can actually take root for a few overs
    Trouble is that Bairstow has had 5 single digit scores from 8 innings so is just as likely to go early and Root hasn't exactly been in prime form this summer either
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    So, Will got that wrong ?

"Why are you , Romeo "

Just as well he didn't post on here.....
    Well, he got it right. Juliet opens that monologue lamenting that he is a Montague and not of some other family, because they're in love, but as their families are feuding, any relationship is unacceptable. Hence star-crossed lovers and all that.
  • Options

0-1

I just MUST keep up .. I am even more convinced that Root is not a proper one day batsman .. he is too 'cultured' for the 1 day game