Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    22/2 from the 1st 10 overs, like the old days!
  • Options
    Bairstow 33 dots in 40 balls.

He's earned the right to be there but needs to make sure now he is still there at the end!
  • Options

He's earned the right to be there but needs to make sure now he is still there at the end!
    He's been made to look a bit one dimensional, great in the powerplay 95% of the time, but not able to change his game when facing class bowling
  • Options

The problem is that the end will be in the 23rd over
  • Options
    Perhaps Bairstow is planning to carry his bat, and finish 65* with England all out for 150
  • Options
    Is it too late to get my dancing gear on ?
  • Options
    Perhaps Bairstow is planning to carry his bat, and finish 65* with England all out for 150

Rumour has it that he has already lost his Test central contract and perhaps he and Billings are trying to preserve his chance of getting a white ball one
  • Options
    Is it too late to get my dancing gear on ?
    It's never too late for that Fanny. Just remember to keep your social distance though.

Anyway, Golfie assured us that this game was going to be rained off so it must be on its way!
  • Options
    You can see why Bairstow isn't in the Test team, as the way he's changed his game makes him brilliant in white ball cricket, T20 especially, but makes him one dimensional, either big shots or nothing. Go out there are try and hit the ball with massive power. Most of the time it comes off and he makes a lightning fast powerplay 30 odd, and if he fails in T20 it doesn't matter as all decent T20 teams have enough batsmen to bat the 20 overs anyway
  • Options
    What we thinking ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, maybe a rethink re Ali ?
    🤔
  • Options
    If we get to the Blast quarter finals, will we get any of the England players back? Or even before for teh last few group matches? Although we are doing ok without them
  • Options
    If we get to the Blast quarter finals, will we get any of the England players back? Or even before for teh last few group matches? Although we are doing ok without them
    I assume so, as Tuesday is the final England (men's game) for a long time and I can't see England preventing any of the players from playing for their counties (other than perhaps Archer and Wood?)
  • Options
    Probably heard this question so many times, but how can teams get 200 odd in 20/20 but struggle to get another 100 in 30 overs ?
  • Options
    Could be an interesting last over.......

Probably not.
  • Options
    Crawley in there ahead of the out of form Root or Roy would have given us a better chance! Continuity I get, but he is in such unbelievable form. Plus he might make the spot his own. Yeah he has a bad List A record whatever, it isn't about record, it's about who's going to dominate bowling attacks right now
  • Options
    I assume so, as Tuesday is the final England (men's game) for a long time and I can't see England preventing any of the players from playing for their counties (other than perhaps Archer and Wood?)
    Why not Archer and Wood?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not Archer and Wood?
    Overs bowled - the ECB are extremely protective of fast bowlers and the number of overs bowled in a relatively short period of time.
  • Options
    Play it again Sam, great knock
  • Options
    Why not Archer and Wood?
    Overs bowled - the ECB are extremely protective of fast bowlers and the number of overs bowled in a relatively short period of time.
    Yes, Archer has bowled in all forms of the game this summer, while Wood is quite "fragile"
  • Options
    I see Chris Jordan is playing for Sussex today, with him and Robinson playing against Crawley and Denly
  • Options
    I just cannot understand Cricket sometimes, 
    50 over match, England 144-7 off 39 overs after winning the toss and bat.
  • Options
    Aussie bowlers have been excellent once again. 
  • Options
    231-9 50 overs
    Great effort from Rashid 35 no off 26 & T Curran 37 off 39.
  • Options
    Good effort by Rashid and TC, maybe the pitch isn't that bad to bat on...
  • Options
    I went off to do some gardening as could see England not making 200. Pleasantly surprised by teh last 6 overs, especially the last 3! Maybe game on?
  • Options
    I went off to do some gardening as could see England not making 200. Pleasantly surprised by teh last 6 overs, especially the last 3! Maybe game on?
    I thought we had very little chance, it was looking like around 180 at best.
    Great effort out of nowhere.