Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Where's The President when you want to mention what a great bowler Rashid is?
  • Options
    3-21 off 4 - Maxwell, Finch and Smith
  • Options
    Who is this Smith bloke?  He's not very good is he?
  • Options
    Not you Chizz 
  • Options
    Bairstow is giving some daggers to the fielders tonight - and rightly so
  • Options
    The spinners were doing nicely, but it always seems that teams default automatically to their "best" bowlers even if the match situation doesn't suit them
  • Options
    Bairstow is giving some daggers to the fielders tonight - and rightly so
    As he's dropped the easiest catch of the match I think not 
  • Options
    Bairstow bad nick with the bat
    Terrible glovework
    Billings not helped himself
    Denly looked VERY comfortable 
  • Options
    Moeen Ali is not a captain. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I mean he literally is a captain of Worcestershire’s T20 (or definitely was). With no Morgan, Buttler, Root or Stokes there wasn’t a lot of choice left. 
  • Options
    I think England should call up Zak Crawley, for the one day internationals, he is in great form and I think he would be good cover.
  • Options
    I think England should call up Zak Crawley, for the one day internationals, he is in great form and I think he would be good cover.
    Nah, we want to win the Blast!
  • Options

England games over early next week.
  • Options

But 3 Blast games over the next few days at the same time

One of the most frustrating side effects about the current situation is that players are stuck in the bubble as reserves. Obviously it's unavoidable due to Covid, but Malan for example has been named as a reserve for the ODIs, so probably won't play but is still unavailable for his county when he would be a massive asset in his current form. Ditto Phil Salt
  • Options

But 3 Blast games over the next few days at the same time

One of the most frustrating side effects about the current situation is that players are stuck in the bubble as reserves. Obviously it's unavoidable due to Covid, but Malan for example has been named as a reserve for the ODIs, so probably won't play but is still unavailable for his county when he would be a massive asset in his current form. Ditto Phil Salt

Yes, you are right I thought there was another round of Bob Willis trophy games, before the next blast games.
  • Options
    He will probably never captain England again, he is the 4th choice behind Morgan (not sure why he didn’t play), buttler (given time off to see family)
    and root(excluded due to covid bubbles). 
  • Options
    He will probably never captain England again, he is the 4th choice behind Morgan (not sure why he didn’t play), buttler (given time off to see family)
    Morgan is rested his injured finger (dislocated on Sunday

Root though was dropped for "playing" reasons rather than due to bubbles
  • Options

Thanks for that, I assumed he wasn’t included due to covid. Surprised at that
  • Options

Thanks for that, I assumed he wasn’t included due to covid. Surprised at that
    I assume the logic is that Malan can do the "Root" role better and they didn't want to keep Root in the bubble, just as a backup player which is probably fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Malan is now top of the T20 batting rankings
  • Options
    No comments on here regarding the ODI matches ???

Ok, I'll start with my usual rants re weather & start times. No crowd on today so start time doesn't  matter. Once again weather is on the radar for later this afternoon (5pm onwadds). So, guess what......start is at 1pm instead  of bringing it forward to , say 10.30?  

Might get the 2nd innings started but doubt (if the weather people are to be believed) that we will see more than 20 overs. Certainly not all 50. 

DL anyone   ?
  • Options
    Australia 103-4 off 19.2 overs, so DL will virtually guarantee an England win you'd think
  • Options
    123-5

Rashy's excellent bowling only matched by the Aussies incompetence
  • Options
    We might be lucky with the weather, it's not as if evening is forecast to have significant rainfall
  • Options
    Oh my, village green fielding at international level
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be great if all players had the same attitude to cricket as Wood does - play hard but always with a smile on your face. Many club players could learn from him!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Andy Zaltzman
    Test Match Special statistician
    This will be the first time in the history of ODI cricket that five bowlers have sent down 10 overs and gone for in the 50s.
  • Options
    Not the best start to the reply: 13-2 off 7.1
  • Options
    There's a lot to be said for proper, high quality Test bowling at the start of 50 over matches