Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Ian Bell is retiring after Warks' final Bob Willis match
  • Options
    Australia 3-2 after 2 overs. Wood and Archer a wicket each, great start.
  • Options
    30-3 after 5, both cheats back in the hutch.
  • Options
    Shocking review from Buttler  :D
  • Options
    Bairstow out hit wicket, a real rarity
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why is Moeen ahead of Billings in the order?
    Why is Moeen still playing?  He is totally shot at this level. 
    Ahem :wink:
  • Options
    Could someone please tell me why Moeen Ali is in the team. 
    Ahem ahem :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There can’t be many better T20 batsmen than Buttler at the moment
  • Options
    Buttler is possibly the best T20 batsman in the world.
  • Options
    There can’t be many better T20 batsmen than Buttler at the moment
    I like seeing him open in T20, maximum use of a great batsman.
  • Options
    It's tough for the Aussies coming in cold, when Buttler for example has been batting all summer. You imagine they'll get better as these matches progress
  • Options
    Think they'll be better in the 50 over version. 

As an aside, as much as I dislike Warner I did smile when he said he missed the abuse. 
    🙂
  • Options
    Think they'll be better in the 50 over version. 

As an aside, as much as I dislike Warner I did smile when he said he missed the abuse. 
    🙂
    And I missed him getting the abuse too.
  • Options
    Still not totally sure why he is being picked
  • Options
    Totally agree.

Failed in both T20 innings and adds nothing special in the field with Buttler keeping adequately IMO.

Would hope to see changes for the 3rd match, with Billings coming in for Bairstow and A N Other for guess who..... 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Totally agree.

Failed in both T20 innings and adds nothing special in the field with Buttler keeping adequately IMO.

Would hope to see changes for the 3rd match, with Billings coming in for Bairstow and A N Other for guess who..... 
    ....................A Slurrey player ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Moheen Ali in as a batsman???? Only seems to bowl 1 over so not in as an all rounder and  not exactly contributing hugely with the bat
  • Options
    He blazed 60-odd a couple of games ago! And turned a potentially awkward ending into a breeze today. His ability to conjure sudden quick runs is still useful 
  • Options
    Ali is probably just about good enough to be in the white ball side. Brings balance, when at full strength we’ll have 6 bowlers with Ali at 7. That means we can pick our 3 best seamers alongside Rashid. If you drop Ali you’re looking to pick another all rounder because you need a decent No7. 

I’d probably go (T20):
    Roy 
    Buttler 
    Root 
    Malan
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Ali
    Curran
    Rashid 
    Archer 
    Wood

With Bairstow, Banton, Billings, Woakes, S Curran, Willey and Jordan, you’ve got 3 decent players who wouldn’t make the squad. 
  • Options
    Ali is probably just about good enough to be in the white ball side. Brings balance, when at full strength we’ll have 6 bowlers with Ali at 7. That means we can pick our 3 best seamers alongside Rashid. If you drop Ali you’re looking to pick another all rounder because you need a decent No7. 

I’d probably go (T20):
    Roy 
    Buttler 
    Root 
    Malan
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Ali
    Curran
    Rashid 
    Archer 
    Wood

With Bairstow, Banton, Billings, Woakes, S Curran, Willey and Jordan, you’ve got 3 decent players who wouldn’t make the squad. 

Chris Jordan, would be in my team
  • Options
    Ali isn’t having a great time at the moment in all forms of cricket but he has shown what he can do in the last couple of innings. He had a 60 odd last week and kept cool to get us over the line yesterday

bairstow is also a great limited overs cricketer and needs to be cut some slack. 2 or 3 low scores does not warrant him being dropped. 20/20 cricket is about teeing off from ball 1 and not building an innings. He got out stupidly if it was a test match but on the context of the game, I would rather him get out having a swing and taking his stumps out than out lbw defending.

saying bairstow should be dropped is like saying Bonne should be dropped if he doesn’t score on his next 3 matches
  • Options

I’d probably go (T20):
    Roy 
    Buttler 
    Root 
    Malan
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Ali
    Curran
    Rashid 
    Archer 
    Wood

It was between him and Curran, but I think Jordan falls just short. He’s had plenty of chances but just never quite been good or consistent enough at International level. 
  • Options

I’d probably go (T20):
    Roy 
    Buttler 
    Root 
    Malan
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Ali
    Curran
    Rashid 
    Archer 
    Wood

It was between him and Curran, but I think Jordan falls just short. He’s had plenty of chances but just never quite been good or consistent enough at International level. 

If your going on current form, yesterday he took the wickets of Finch  and Maxwell, at an important time, Finch looked well set and on Friday he bowled a brilliant 19th over.
  • Options
    Buttler will miss the 3rd ODI as he has been allowed out of the bubble to see his family. Banton to open with Billings in the middle order?
  • Options

I’d probably go (T20):
    Roy 
    Buttler 
    Root 
    Malan
    Morgan
    Stokes
    Ali
    Curran
    Rashid 
    Archer 
    Wood

If your going on current form, yesterday he took the wickets of Finch  and Maxwell, at an important time, Finch looked well set and on Friday he bowled a brilliant 19th over.
    No I was going generally speaking. Personally I feel Jordan has showed he can be a decent bowler but lacks the consistency at International level. Would be in my squad but not my team. It's very close though. 
  • Options

Jordan over Curran for me.

However, with Stokes playing, I would go : -

Roy, Buttler, Root, Malan, Morgan, Stokes, Ali, Jordan, Rashid, Archer, Wood.