Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley threatening EFL ahead of Disciplinary action for Wednesday, Derby & Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:
    It's being suggested now that Chansiri hasn't actually paid a penny for Hillsborough.

Although Sheffield Wednesday have sold the property to Chansiri's company, allegedly registered in Hong Kong and owned by his wife, no money has actually changed hands. Sheffield Wednesday have in their accounts a debt of £60m owing from this other company. 

That debt is repayable in seven instalments of £7.5m over an eight-year period, but none has actually been made yet. Wednesday have changed their tax year dates and the 2017/18 returns have to be into HMRC by the end of this month - a 14 month period.

Be interested to see if the first £7.5m payment for the ground has been made yet.

Still not certain how a sale can be allowed for in one seasons accounts before the actual sale and the payments future spread over 8 years.

IF true, surely this independent panel will throw the book at them. 

I suppose it maybe a way out possibility that they have not announced the penalty so that they play all games trying to win them and not just give up.

I won’t hold my breath.
    At the back of my mind I had been wondering/hoping that the punishment would be automatic relegation (sort of like the punishment Swindon got years ago) but that they didn't want it to be announced with games to play in case Wednesday gave up completely

Do you think that could be kept a secret?
    They will announce it after the last game and have an open top bus parade to celebrate it.
  • Options
    Our mention in that article sounds rather positive "But Charlton have been scrapping for survival too, picking up eight points in seven games, conceding just five goals". 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:
    It's being suggested now that Chansiri hasn't actually paid a penny for Hillsborough.

Although Sheffield Wednesday have sold the property to Chansiri's company, allegedly registered in Hong Kong and owned by his wife, no money has actually changed hands. Sheffield Wednesday have in their accounts a debt of £60m owing from this other company. 

That debt is repayable in seven instalments of £7.5m over an eight-year period, but none has actually been made yet. Wednesday have changed their tax year dates and the 2017/18 returns have to be into HMRC by the end of this month - a 14 month period.

Be interested to see if the first £7.5m payment for the ground has been made yet.

Still not certain how a sale can be allowed for in one seasons accounts before the actual sale and the payments future spread over 8 years.

IF true, surely this independent panel will throw the book at them. 

I suppose it maybe a way out possibility that they have not announced the penalty so that they play all games trying to win them and not just give up.

I won’t hold my breath.
    At the back of my mind I had been wondering/hoping that the punishment would be automatic relegation (sort of like the punishment Swindon got years ago) but that they didn't want it to be announced with games to play in case Wednesday gave up completely

Do you think that could be kept a secret?
    I name that tune in one 'Listen.............do you promise not to tell' by The Beatles or Billy J Kramer + The Dakotas 😉.
  • Options
    Our mention in that article sounds rather positive "But Charlton have been scrapping for survival too, picking up eight points in seven games, conceding just five goals". 
    Agreed. Good to see positives. 
  • Options
    Daughter's Wednesday season ticket holder bf, saying he doesn't care anymore. He feels so embarrassed by the club's financial mis-management that if they go down so be it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It is a possibility, I suppose, that if the league relegated Wednesday before the end of the season, they may just give up in games and compromise the season of others. They have Fulham and Boro to play and whilst the outcomes are unlikely, one can still go up automatically and the other can still get relegated.
  • Options
    Daughter's Wednesday season ticket holder bf, saying he doesn't care anymore. He feels so embarrassed by the club's financial mis-management that if they go down so be it. 
    It's a shame that doesn't read "EFL, saying it doesn't care anymore. They feel so embarrassed by its own mis-management that if they have to send Wednesday down, they'll make it a suspended sentence in keeping with their general stance on rule breaking'.
    Fixed it for you:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would make sense as others say for the integrity of the league that If it a punishment of relegation to announce it when the season is over.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Also, you have to wonder if a Hong Kong registered company (was it a new company with no other assets/income?) is good for the money.
    It was. Set up just for the Hillsborough purchase.

Redrobo said:
    By the way, who is suggesting this?

An ITK poster on OwlsTalk. @PragueOwl or similar  B)

Ah, that came from their local paper -  which is fair to say they do not hold in high regard. I tried to find any other mention of this and could not find anything to collaborate the story.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    It would make sense as others say for the integrity of the league that If it a punishment of relegation to announce it when the season is over.
    These days everything gets leaked, there’s no way it would still be a secret if Wednesday already knew they were being relegated. Even if they hadn’t been told, someone at EFL would have leaked it by now. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    These days everything gets leaked, there’s no way it would still be a secret if Wednesday already knew they were being relegated. Even if they hadn’t been told, someone at EFL would have leaked it by now. 
    But the three day hearing ended yonks ago and we have not heard a peep. How do you explain that?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    But the three day hearing ended yonks ago and we have not heard a peep. How do you explain that?
    They've avoiding the decision until they know how the league table pans out? You can't leak a decision that hasn't been made.

• Options

Personally, I’d have preferred it if they hadn’t put that little reminder in the article that Wigan are not necessarily safe and a 12 point deduction could still be applied for this season and not delayed until next season
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Well that’s easy, they haven’t made a final decision yet. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    That’d would be more unlikely than a leak.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    That’d would be more unlikely than a leak.
    Not if they have no intention of relegating Wednesday, and so need to know how many points is a decent deduction without placing them in bottom 3.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Just like our transfer embargo was leaked in Jan?  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe the sheff Wednesday deduction will be at the end of the season, so their remaining games remain competitive. Consider those who didn't renew their contacts and the club released players. Its seems fairly plausible. 
  • Options
    It seems fairly plausible that the EFL will do fuck all... Its all a conspiracy. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Just like our transfer embargo was leaked in Jan?  ;)
    Has anyone asked Karl Robinson?
  • Options
    Having worked in Leeds for about 15 years I have a lot of Leeds fans on my social media. 

They are genuinely not counting their chickens because they are convinced the EFL will find a way to screw them out of getting promoted. 

Funny how fans of every club thinks the EFL are out to get them. 
  • Options
    If nothing else, if we can't avoid finishing in the bottom 3, at least finish 3rd bottom, in case Wednesday get a significant penalty. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Having worked in Leeds for about 15 years I have a lot of Leeds fans on my social media. 

They are genuinely not counting their chickens because they are convinced the EFL will find a way to screw them out of getting promoted. 

Or fans of every club know that the efl are incompetent 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Or fans of every club know that the efl are incompetent 
    Or they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

They're right. Because of dodgy dealings, the EFL will relegate 14 clubs this season.

• Options
    Sage said:
    The EFL will wait for the season to finish, then announce that Wednesday will receive X points deduction that puts them just outside the bottom 3. They will then have a further Y points deduction suspended or applied at the start of next season. 

There is no chance they’ll punish them properly now, it’s too late, it’s ridiculous. 
    I thought this, but they gave Birmingham 9 points & they assisted in the enquiry. Even a 9 point deduction might not be enough with then losing today. And they can't give them less than 9 surely. 

I'm just assuming that they are waiting until after all the games have been played & then either relegating them completely or giving them an enough of a points deduction that will relegate them anyway.....which would also get the EFL out of trouble with Wigan if it means Wigan  staying up.