Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Somewhat ludicrously Amazon have just delivered my second PS5 dual sense controller despite the fact the console is not coming until next Thursday. Now what to do with a controller I can’t use? 😂
  • edited November 2020
    Thinking of getting a ps4 or an xbox one? Which is better?  I know i’m a bit behind the times - honestly not a wind up. More tempted by ps4 because you don’t have to pay for online
     I have both and I play the PS4 more often than the XB, however I would suggest XB with game pass or PS with PS Now. Both consoles require an online pass to play multiplayer online. 

Questions you have to answer:
    - What Games do you want to play?
    - Do you want to play online with mates?
    - What console do they have if so?

PSNow has a much larger archive of games. XB has more newer titles in GamePass.
  • Thinking of getting a ps4 or an xbox one? Which is better?  I know i’m a bit behind the times - honestly not a wind up. More tempted by ps4 because you don’t have to pay for online
    Find out what your mates are getting and just copy them.
  • Somewhat ludicrously Amazon have just delivered my second PS5 dual sense controller despite the fact the console is not coming until next Thursday. Now what to do with a controller I can’t use? 😂
    Yep, I had a game arrive today 
    Film an unboxing video and put it on Youtube. Watch the view count rise. Be rewarded with 5p for every million views.
  • edited November 2020
    New Emoji released... (Stolen from Twitter) When pressed/clicked it takes you to #PS5 on twitter.
  • shine166 said:
    Somewhat ludicrously Amazon have just delivered my second PS5 dual sense controller despite the fact the console is not coming until next Thursday. Now what to do with a controller I can’t use? 😂
    Yep, I had a game arrive today 
    What did you get? I was going to play through the ps plus collection (as there's a lot there I didn't play on PS4) until Cyberpunk is released but I'm tempted by Watch Dogs and Demons Souls
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Thinking of getting a ps4 or an xbox one? Which is better?  I know i’m a bit behind the times - honestly not a wind up. More tempted by ps4 because you don’t have to pay for online
     I have both and I play the PS4 more often than the XB, however I would suggest XB with game pass or PS with PS Now. Both consoles require an online pass to play multiplayer online. 

Questions you have to answer:
    - What Games do you want to play?
    - Do you want to play online with mates?
    - What console do they have if so?

PSNow has a much larger archive of games. XB has more newer titles in GamePass.
    Cheers for the info, looking like i’ll go for the ps4, shame i’ll have to pay for online but for sure worth it. Not really interested in playing against my mates really - most don’t have a console anyway.
  • Very have shipped the ps5s, guess they may arrive tomorrow, a day earlier than expected 
  • shine166 said:
    Very have shipped the ps5s, guess they may arrive tomorrow, a day earlier than expected 
    I'm now hating that I cancelled my pre-order, but too many expenses before christmas to have that money going out now! MOT and Tax due too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    shine166 said:
    Very have shipped the ps5s, guess they may arrive tomorrow, a day earlier than expected 
    I'm now hating that I cancelled my pre-order, but too many expenses before christmas to have that money going out now! MOT and Tax due too!
    Dude, I did mine buy now pay in a year... only way I could justify it so close to Xmas 
  • Keep an eye on here today if you're looking to buy still.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console
  • Mine being delivered today by DPD in the next 2 hours apparently. Going to be watching/listening out like a hawk, seen a lot of stories from 'Murica of missing parcels etc
  • Think i managed to get one from Currys this morning, still quite worried about receiving a cancellation email though
  • Think I'm going to wait until next year. With Christmas so close I can't really justify it. The only games I'm bothered about are Cyberpunk 2077 and the new Horizon. I can wait.
  • Think I'm going to wait until next year. With Christmas so close I can't really justify it. The only games I'm bothered about are Cyberpunk 2077 and the new Horizon. I can wait.
    I'm doing the same, cancelling my pre-order allowed me the breathing room to buy the 9 games in the build up to christmas too... So bonus!
  • Not sure what the ps5 availablity will be like at Xmas but, Microsoft have said at the earliest it will be April next before there will be physical consoles in stores to just walk in and buy, if any become available before then they will online!!!

The whole pre order and launch delivery process for both consoles had been poor.
  • sam3110 said:
    Mine being delivered today by DPD in the next 2 hours apparently. Going to be watching/listening out like a hawk, seen a lot of stories from 'Murica of missing parcels etc
    Let us know how long the updates take please, trying to work out if il have time after baby bed, to install and actually use it today. 
  • for any doubters about it's size, fuck me its massive in the flesh!
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Mine being delivered today by DPD in the next 2 hours apparently. Going to be watching/listening out like a hawk, seen a lot of stories from 'Murica of missing parcels etc
    Let us know how long the updates take please, trying to work out if il have time after baby bed, to install and actually use it today. 
    First update was less than a gig so was done in seconds, now transferring save data across and a couple of games that I always play, that aren't on ps5 yet (FIFA, GTA V, Gran Turismo, RDR2) so that's anticipated to take 4 hours but it's on 35% after 20 mins....
  • Apparently Currys will have some more PS5 available at 11 am and Amazon will have some at midday.

Good luck!!! 
  • I found a thing on twitter for a loophole on Currys to order it, doesn't look like they're going to honour the purchase despite giving me an order number and taking my money... 

Just got to hope amazon got a boatload in now!
  • sam3110 said:
    shine166 said:
    sam3110 said:
    First update was less than a gig so was done in seconds, now transferring save data across and a couple of games that I always play, that aren't on ps5 yet (FIFA, GTA V, Gran Turismo, RDR2) so that's anticipated to take 4 hours but it's on 35% after 20 mins....
    Is it easy to transfer save data across? I want to do it for a couple of games
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Think I'm going to wait until next year. With Christmas so close I can't really justify it. The only games I'm bothered about are Cyberpunk 2077 and the new Horizon. I can wait.
    I'm doing the same, cancelling my pre-order allowed me the breathing room to buy the 9 games in the build up to christmas too... So bonus!
    Me 3. There's still a host of games I've got stacked up and  want to buy on the PS4 so for the first time since getting the original playstation for Christmas all those years ago.... I'm not getting the new Sony on release. 

Haven't had much time to squeeze in some decent gaming recently so would just stand there next to the TV like a giant bodyguard.
  • Picked my PS5 up this morning 😁 jumped ship from Xbox. Installing warzone and Cold War atm. Wife is on a video call which isn’t helping download times 🙄
  • Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    for any doubters about it's size, fuck me its massive in the flesh!
    To be fair, compared to a budget Gaming PC it's tiny and looks far better. 

Also you left a pube under the disc tray. 
    I shave mine so must be someone else's! 

sam3110 said:
    shine166 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Is it easy to transfer save data across? I want to do it for a couple of games
    Save data is pretty speedy and all you need is both PS4 and PS5 on and connected to the internet
  • This launch has been a masssive shambles.

I've been trying all morning and have given up.  No sites have them.  When they do they crash and then yo lose your place.  Now retailers are saying there are none.

Game prick-teased me b allowing me to reserve one for 15th December delivery then wouldn't allow me to view the basket because they were out of stock.

Sony admitted they fucked up with the initial launch in the middle of the night but this has been been no better.

Still - nice to see people on YouTube smashing them up because they are so cool....WTF is wrong with people?
  • Good to hear people’s consoles are turning up!

Anyone got the new Xbox series x yet?