Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Out the box set up & 4 games transferred in a couple of hours 
  • Still haven't received an order cancellation from Currys but managed to get one on amazon, if the Currys order isn't cancelled i'll offer it to someone on here! 
  • Been online since 6:30am trying to get a PS5, finally got one at 1:05pm from Amazon and it turns up tomorrow.

That's both next gen consoles for me 😍. So fucking excited
  • Mine just arrived, looking forward to setting it up later 
  • Astro's playroom is good fun, the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback feel so different to the dualshock, the subtle ripple through the controller as the animation on the screen moved left to right, it feels alive and more real if that makes sense, each surface feels different to the next
  • edited November 2020
    sam3110 said:
    Astro's playroom is good fun, the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback feel so different to the dualshock, the subtle ripple through the controller as the animation on the screen moved left to right, it feels alive and more real if that makes sense, each surface feels different to the next
    I have no idea what you have just said, i am not necessarily a gamer but i play Fifa. I will get sometime next year no hurry. But what is Astros play room? is it a type of controller or a game/ app. I will google now so probably no need to go into depth 
  • sam3110 said:
    Astro's playroom is good fun, the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback feel so different to the dualshock, the subtle ripple through the controller as the animation on the screen moved left to right, it feels alive and more real if that makes sense, each surface feels different to the next
    I play astrobot on VR it’s the slickest VR game there is .
    These new controllers are a huge step forward from the last & the ps5 is running ultra quiet
  • sam3110 said:
    These new controllers are a huge step forward from the last & the ps5 is running ultra quiet
    Do you have the VR controller stick things? I bought a headset a while ago but don't really touch it, the controllers are an extra £100 and seems you have to have them to get the most out of it.
  • Still trying to get an xbox 1 series x for my son for Christmas, if anyone hears any whisper of availability online, thank you!
  • Is it really any better than PS4?
  • Sponsored links:

• Still trying to get an xbox 1 series x for my son for Christmas, if anyone hears any whisper of availability online, thank you!
    Set up an alert on stock informer.
  • Valley11 said:
    Is it really any better than PS4?
    The controller alone makes it so much better
    I am potentially selling mine as I want the PS5 a hell of a lot more than the Xbox (if my PS5 actually turns up tomorrow) 
  • The year is 2020, there is a global pandemic and the economy has been decimated. 5 million people unemployed and a millions on furlough and reduced income. 

Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles just before Christmas with low stocks all over the globe. 

Frantic parents all over the UK and potentially millions of disappointed kids on Christmas morning. 

Welcome to 2020 people 
  • Valley11 said:
    robroy said:
    The year is 2020, there is a global pandemic and the economy has been decimated. 5 million people unemployed and a millions on furlough and reduced income. 

Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles just before Christmas with low stocks all over the globe. 

Frantic parents all over the UK and potentially millions of disappointed kids on Christmas morning. 

Welcome to 2020 people 
    Maybe they should just be grateful with their health this year. And gormless parents should renforce that message.
    The PS5 is so cool though!
  • Valley11 said:
    robroy said:
    The year is 2020, there is a global pandemic and the economy has been decimated. 5 million people unemployed and a millions on furlough and reduced income. 

Welcome to 2020 people 
    Maybe they should just be grateful with their health this year. And gormless parents should renforce that message.
    My daughter is 2. If she was of gaming age I would just say no, I think £500 with a game is far to much money to be spending on a kid. I do feel for these parents having to stretch this year.
  • Valley11 said:
    robroy said:

Welcome to 2020 people 
    You’re probably right, I just wanted to cheer my son  Up as he’s lost his job recently.
  • Don’t know why people are surprised - every launch day has the same problems over stock availability 
  • Sponsored links:

• despite my tantrum earlier I tried one last time on Amazon at lunch and got lucky.  Turns up tomorrow apparently so just got to wait and see
  • It's no Series X but my One X turned up today, found a really good deal on eBay, couple only used it as a media box, never gamed on it, had the media remote and TV tuner plus RDR 2, CODWW2 and a Tomb Raider game all still sealed, £155!!

CEX website says I can get £100 voucher for my OG Xbox (which I'll keep for when I get a Series X) sell the games for £20 and the One X basically cost me £35, think I'll stick with this now for a year as I can't really see any true next gen console only games coming till late next year or early 2022.

Nice to finally play games in 4k HDR.
  • sam3110 said:
    Do you have the VR controller stick things? I bought a headset a while ago but don't really touch it, the controllers are an extra £100 and seems you have to have them to get the most out of it.
    Yeah I got them it makes the games much more immersive well worth getting 
  • sam3110 said:
    for any doubters about it's size, fuck me its massive in the flesh!

• Swisdom said:
    Mine turned up this morning.

Fair play to Amazon as I only ordered it at 13:05 yesterday

Just got to endure a ridiculously long and slow day at work first
    Mine turned up at 9:30am, excellent service by Amazon
  • Finished Astro's Playroom, now going back to find all the hidden trophies etc. For a free game that was just to showcase the Dualsense it was a lot of fun, makes me want to get Sackboy and try that out too
  • Swisdom said:
    Mine turned up this morning.

Fair play to Amazon as I only ordered it at 13:05 yesterday

Just got to endure a ridiculously long and slow day at work first
    Mine turned up at 9:30am, excellent service by Amazon
    Amazon are awesome for service. I managed to get a PS5 on Very yesterday, but have to wait a month for delivery...
  • sam3110 said:
    Finished Astro's Playroom, now going back to find all the hidden trophies etc. For a free game that was just to showcase the Dualsense it was a lot of fun, makes me want to get Sackboy and try that out too
    Great isn't it, can see myself playing it for a while whenever I'm waiting for something to download or update