Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Anyone have any idea when ps5 likely to be back in stock in places again ?
  • cafc4life said:
    Anyone have any idea when ps5 likely to be back in stock in places again ?
    You'll be lucky if they're back before Christmas
  • sam3110 said:
    cafc4life said:
    Anyone have any idea when ps5 likely to be back in stock in places again ?
    You'll be lucky if they're back before Christmas
    Yeah I thought as much 
  • edited November 2020
    Wasn’t that impressed by the PS5 Dualsense at first but then I plugged some headphones in to it and wow. Amazing how it feels. A game changer.

Bit of a joke that the surround sound setup doesn’t have the same impact, and you don’t need to buy the Pulse 3D for £90 (if you can even find one). Literally any half decent wired cans work great!
  • Over the weekend, a mate of mine paid £750 from a re-seller for his PS5.

Crazy...

This is pathetic and madness. 

What a waste of money! 

Crazy...

Just gone on Ebay and plenty are being sold for over £700 with bids!!

Crazy...

Works out £100 per square foot.

'kin size of the thing!
  • Wasn’t that impressed by the PS5 Dualsense at first but then I plugged some headphones into and wow. Amazing how it feels. A game changer.

But of a joke that the surround sound setup doesn’t have the same impact, and you don’t need to buy the Pulse 3D for £90 (if you can find). Literally any half decent wired cans work great!
    I didn't know that - thanks for the tip.

Crazy...

I sold my Xbox Series X for £700 the other day. I don't understand it 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• People are mad spending that sort of money. I suppose I understand it if gaming is your passion but surely you would pre-ordered it in advance if that was the case? 

Crazy...

Probably one of the stolen ones.

Report on BBC saying lots of people are complaining to Amazon about the non delivery of their PS5. Reports of delivery van's turning up & texts/emails saying it's been delivered but the householder saying it hasn't. Then if they are being delivererd it turns out the parcels contain anything but a PS5 - deep fry fryers or some other piece of cookware being the object of choice it seems.

• People are mad spending that sort of money. I suppose I understand it if gaming is your passion but surely you would pre-ordered it in advance if that was the case? 
    I imagine it's more a case of parents buying for christmas? That's about the only way I can sort've understand it
  • So I sold my extra ps5 to my uncle for cost price and he bunged me a bullseye on top.

Not gonna lie though kind of wishing I kept hold of it and stuck it on eBay
  • Is the 3d sound on the ps5 really good? Been reading about it but you need some headphones. 
  • People spending £700+ on new consoles from bulk buyers is very frustrating. There's people who have managed through bots to buy 20 PS5s and are then selling them at massive profit. That gouging is the reason so many people, a lot of them kids, are going to miss out on getting the console at Christmas and it ensures that mostly only people with loads of money to throw around are getting the spares. I really want that market to die and for some of those gougers to be left with 15 PS5s they can't shift, but sadly people always seem to be willing to pay any money to get it quickly
  • Is the 3d sound on the ps5 really good? Been reading about it but you need some headphones. 
    I've seen a few reports saying any gaming headset works well. I think Sony may be looking at 3d sound on their next line of TVs and Sound Bars. Can't find the link suggesting it, I saw it on Reddit. 
  • I’m not prepared to pay over the top through eBay or whatever, I’ve signed up on stock informer as suggested, but if anyone does get any info of when more ps5’s and Xbox 1 series x go on sale I’d be grateful, and no I’m not going to flog them on eBay!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Is the 3d sound on the ps5 really good? Been reading about it but you need some headphones. 
    I've seen a few reports saying any gaming headset works well. I think Sony may be looking at 3d sound on their next line of TVs and Sound Bars. Can't find the link suggesting it, I saw it on Reddit. 
    I’ve had the 3D sound for a while with the psvr on PS4 & it can transform a game when used right & really adds to the experience, my psvr came with resident evil & when something comes up behind you it really makes you jump.
    It will be great as the developers get to grips with it
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Is the 3d sound on the ps5 really good? Been reading about it but you need some headphones. 
    I’ve had the 3D sound for a while with the psvr on PS4 & it can transform a game when used right & really adds to the experience, my psvr came with resident evil & when something comes up behind you it really makes you jump.
    Yh, I'd imagine them halloween boxes in COD war zone could potentially put someone in hospital, fecking did me nearly a few times and God knows what it'd be like with 3D sound 

Crazy...

Probably one of the stolen ones.

Report on BBC saying lots of people are complaining to Amazon about the non delivery of their PS5. Reports of delivery van's turning up & texts/emails saying it's been delivered but the householder saying it hasn't. Then if they are being delivererd it turns out the parcels contain anything but a PS5 - deep fry fryers or some other piece of cookware being the object of choice it seems.

I doubt it’s that rife, and to be honest I suspect a few of the purchasers are trying it on to get an extra ‘free’ ps5 in lieu of the one they claim was stolen which they can then sell for £800 or whatever 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The biggest thing is that the better vibrations in the controller align with the sounds, which I didn’t notice through my soundbar. Also any half decent cans work well plugged into the controller, I’m using my £50 August ones from Amazon.

also depends on the game as to how much they bother trying to integrate with it, Astro is  super impressive, Spider-Man less so
  • People spending £700+ on new consoles from bulk buyers is very frustrating. There's people who have managed through bots to buy 20 PS5s and are then selling them at massive profit. That gouging is the reason so many people, a lot of them kids, are going to miss out on getting the console at Christmas and it ensures that mostly only people with loads of money to throw around are getting the spares. I really want that market to die and for some of those gougers to be left with 15 PS5s they can't shift, but sadly people always seem to be willing to pay any money to get it quickly
    Can’t blame the people supplying a demand. It’s annoying but the only ones to blame are the idiots who pay the money. It would be beautiful if those people were left with 15 PS5’s they can’t flog but there will always be people with more money than sense.
  • I was subject to a different scam through very., when I went to pre order my ps5 there were none left only the “bundles” (1 ps5 , 1 extra controller & 1 year subscription) so I got one of those for £560 then in October my 1 year ps plus subscription card came through the post , 1st week November my extra controller turned up then on launch day the ps5 came.
    This wasn’t boxed as a bundle I was just forced to buy 3 separate items to be able to place an order.
    hey Ho it’s fricking awesome!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yh, I'd imagine them halloween boxes in COD war zone could potentially put someone in hospital, fecking did me nearly a few times and God knows what it'd be like with 3D sound 
    First one really bloody got me... Had my headset on at about 1am pretty sure I yelped. 

I knew I was at risk most of the time as I was hunting the Pumpkin Punisher.
    Can’t blame the people supplying a demand. It’s annoying but the only ones to blame are the idiots who pay the money. It would be beautiful if those people were left with 15 PS5’s they can’t flog but there will always be people with more money than sense.
    You absolutely can blame them, because they aren't supplying a demand at all. Sony are supplying the demand and these people are taking the stock away from consumers and then scalping the same supply to meet demand that would have been met anyway. They're not adding to the supply, they're creating a barrier to the supply at an additional cost. They're essentially toll bridges that have no excuse for being there. I agree that people just shouldn't pay these prices, but doing something shitty doesn't get a free pass because people are willing to tolerate it.
    You absolutely can blame them, because they aren't supplying a demand at all. Sony are supplying the demand and these people are taking the stock away from consumers and then scalping the same supply to meet demand that would have been met anyway. They're not adding to the supply, they're creating a barrier to the supply at an additional cost. They're essentially toll bridges that have no excuse for being there. I agree that people just shouldn't pay these prices, but doing something shitty doesn't get a free pass because people are willing to tolerate it.
    You would be correct if Sony were supplying the demand, evidently not. Sony and Microsoft have had years to prepare and still haven’t produced enough consoles at launch. 

In come these chancers who have the financial means to turn this into their own profit making business. It wouldn’t work if people weren’t happy to pay the ludicrous prices, evidently people are more than happy to. You can’t blame a capitalist for making money any more than you can blame a bird for flying. 
    You would be correct if Sony were supplying the demand, evidently not. Sony and Microsoft have had years to prepare and still haven’t produced enough consoles at launch. 

In come these chancers who have the financial means to turn this into their own profit making business. It wouldn’t work if people weren’t happy to pay the ludicrous prices, evidently people are more than happy to. You can’t blame a capitalist for making money any more than you can blame a bird for flying. 
    Again, this is a flawed mentality. Yes, you can blame the people involved for acting immorally. Of course you can. A shitty act is still worthy of criticism even if there's a reason it's happening. Even if it's exploitation of people's stupidity it's still exploitation and just putting your hands up and saying 'eh, what are you going to do' empowers these people to keep doing what they're doing just as much. These people don't add to the supply, they hijack it, and that's the case regardless of whether there's enough to go round or not. The people buying the consoles are fools, but the touts are total arseholes and you absolutely can blame them for that.

Again, this is a flawed mentality. Yes, you can blame the people involved for acting immorally. Of course you can. A shitty act is still worthy of criticism even if there's a reason it's happening. Even if it's exploitation of people's stupidity it's still exploitation and just putting your hands up and saying 'eh, what are you going to do' empowers these people to keep doing what they're doing just as much. These people don't add to the supply, they hijack it, and that's the case regardless of whether there's enough to go round or not. The people buying the consoles are fools, but the touts are total arseholes and you absolutely can blame them for that.
    Just to be clear, I’m not saying touts aren’t arseholes - I hate exploitation in all forms. These guys aren’t to be admired in any sense of the word. My issue is that touts are a symptom in a wider issue of stupidity and the constant need for materialistic gratification. I’m not going to be angry at a symptom of the problem, I’m annoyed at the problem that’s causing these people to part with their money in this fashion. 

By all means call an arsehole an arsehole, I just find the people facilitating this problem more annoying.