Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• edited July 2021
    McBobbin said:
    Got my daughter a series S in May, and thoroughly enjoying it when they are in bed. So far got Minecraft, skate 3 and I've got fight night boxing game. None of these are stretching the hardware all that much! 

Are there are family games that two players can play at once that anyone recommends? We've got two controllers. Any recommendations for games for me would be good as well, willing to give anything a try
    Also got the XBSS and love it. It's a marginal upgrade, but worth it for the loading times alone. I sold my XB1 for £150 so really only cost £100.

Still waiting to partner it with the Disc PS5 though!
  • edited July 2021
    That's an understatement! Over $1000!!

I bought a new OLED tv for the Euros - It's 4K (obviously) and has HDR10 but also has the latest HDMI 2.1 standard supporting 120hz so I'd really like to have some hardware that actually makes use of all this.

Facebook marketplace has people selling them for $750-800 but its a real lottery as to whether these are scams.
  • Stock X is basically, new ebay. Was Art and trainers originally. 
  • That's an understatement! Over $1000!!

I bought a new OLED tv for the Euros - It's 4K (obviously) and has HDR10 but also has the latest HDMI 2.1 standard supporting 120hz so I'd really like to have some hardware that actually makes use of all this.

Facebook marketplace has people selling them for $750-800 but its a real lottery as to whether these are scams.
    Keep checking Argos/Amazon/game stock coming daily , that stock checker site seems quite accurate so worth keep checking or set alarms,.

I was lucky & got one through very last July & delivered launch day, had to pay for a package though so extra controller I didn’t need , PlayStation plus I didn’t need etc & only had disk version but well worth it made a massive difference for my VR headset & insane loading times
  • The disk version is definitely the version to get. Sony have a monopoly on the PSN store so can charge crazy prices, yet you can just pop down to CEX and pick up an old game for a tenner.
  • The disk version is definitely the version to get. Sony have a monopoly on the PSN store so can charge crazy prices, yet you can just pop down to CEX and pick up an old game for a tenner.
    Definitely the games on the store are 60-70 quid & one version of the new battlefield is £109 😱, disk all the way then I can trade when I’m done with it 
  • I had the ps5 in my basket Wednesday but just couldn't justify spending nearly £1000 on consoles in less than 6 months so didn't get one 

What's people's views on Sony's whole Directors Cut thing?

I think it works out at £30 for the Ghost of Tsushima edition and that's just to upgrade the PS4 version that already cost £60 to the PS5 version!!! I get there is additional content etc but it's seems a bit steep for some DLC. 

Be interesting to see what Microsoft do down the road as currently you get the next gen versions for free with smart delivery.
  • Just had a notification that both Series X and PS5 have just dropped at Very.
    If they did, they've gone again
    If they did have them the they're gone already. 

Series S is available. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I got in the waiting room with the 30 second countdown but left after a few minutes as no point unless you get straight in to the site!
  • Just managed to get hold of one. Now to sell it for profit...
  • Managed to get hold of one from Very on Tuesday.

Also had one in my basket today from GAME. Decided against buying another and then selling on, couldn’t justify it when someone else who wants it could just have the one in my basket.

More are being dropped regularly if you go by the Twitter account Olly put on here recently.
  • My decision to sell it is going to be based on the girlfriend's reaction when I walk through the door with it.

Especially when yesterday I told her I'd couldn't keep affording eating out in restaurants during the week.
  • Have people read anything on the new Battlefield 2042 game, comes out in October.
  • Have people read anything on the new Battlefield 2042 game, comes out in October.
    Watched loads of stuff on it, looks interesting - still not entirely sure of the purpose of the game. 
  • My alerts for both consoles have been going multiple times yesterday and today so looks like there are plenty dropping this week.

I used both of these on Twitter to get mine in June.

https://twitter.com/ConsoleStockUK?s=09

https://twitter.com/UKPS5Notify?s=09
  • So getting back to the OPs question. They've been out a while now. What's the verdict?
  • I think, despite the gamepass being superior to PS Now, the PS5 edges it
  • Sponsored links:

• So getting back to the OPs question. They've been out a while now. What's the verdict?
    Really happy with mine. You get a machine that can run a game at 1440p @ 120fps for less than 500 quid. You couldn't replicate that with a PC at that pricepoint.
  • Got myself a PS5 from very this morning so I'll now have both new console's.
  • Game are taking pre orders online for the limited edition Halo series x 479, might be easier to get than a normal one. 

I got the limited edition Master Chief Elite controller last night, both released November 15.
  • If anyone gets a heads up on any more PS5 disc consoles pre orders, please can you post on here, thank you!
  •  Thanks for posting CA, that’s a pretty good deal, I’m after a disc version though, if I can get one, want to play COD and Battlefield, not that it makes any difference to digital or disk version, just prefer to have a disk version.
  •  Thanks for posting CA, that’s a pretty good deal, I’m after a disc version though, if I can get one, want to play COD and Battlefield, not that it makes any difference to digital or disk version, just prefer to have a disk version.
    If you're with EE they have a thing where they regularly release stock for customers, you can add it on to your bill or buy it outright
     Thanks for posting CA, that’s a pretty good deal, I’m after a disc version though, if I can get one, want to play COD and Battlefield, not that it makes any difference to digital or disk version, just prefer to have a disk version.
    If you have Twitter, follow PS5 Stock Checker and set up notifications on their tweets. It’s how I got mine and there seems to be regular drops of stock over the last couple of months.
  • Sage said:
     Thanks for posting CA, that’s a pretty good deal, I’m after a disc version though, if I can get one, want to play COD and Battlefield, not that it makes any difference to digital or disk version, just prefer to have a disk version.
    If you have Twitter, follow PS5 Stock Checker and set up notifications on their tweets. It’s how I got mine and there seems to be regular drops of stock over the last couple of months.
    I found stock checker hit n miss. Joined their discord and its basically some kid running it. Stock informer push notifications are the way to go. Alerted me to amazon a good couple of mins before anyone else.