Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• I also managed to get one on Amazon with help of the stock checker.
  • Happy days! Managed to order one today at normal RRP.
    Last time I had a gaming machine was in the mid 90s (PS1).
  • Had my PS5 about a month now and after playing through God and War and Horizon Zero Dawn (both great games but the way) I think I'll definitely be playing any cross platform games on my Series X, it's considerably quieter especially when playing from a disc, the load times feel faster on the Xbox and add in quick resume and my preference to the Xbox controller, (haptic feedback and triggers felt good but the sounds coming from it and the blowing into it seem gimmicky to me and I really don't like not having offset sticks), I've not played any optimized for PS5 games yet so loading times etc my we'll be quicker on those, ultimately they are both great machines and I get to enjoy any game I like regardless of platform.
  • Anyone played Far Cry 6? 
  • robroy said:
    Anyone played Far Cry 6? 
    I have Ubisoft+ on my Stadia so will give it a go at some point
  • My PS5 may as well be a paperweight at this point, ridiculously poor lineup of new games. I'm so sick of seeing bloody remakes!
  • My PS5 may as well be a paperweight at this point, ridiculously poor lineup of new games. I'm so sick of seeing bloody remakes!
    Was always going to start happening though, same as artists covering old songs or film series being rebooted
    • God of War: Ragnarok
      • 2022 - Will be good
    • Gran Turismo 7
      • March 4, 2022 - Will be good
    • Horizon Forbidden West
      • February 18, 2022 - Will be good
    • Marvel’s Wolverine
      • TBD - Will be good - Is this a remake?
    • Spider-Man 2
      • TBD - Will be good
    • Knights of the Old Republic Remake
      • TBD - If a full remake will be decent Was a good game back in the day (not a remaster)
    • Little Devil Inside
      • 2021 - Not my kind of game
    • Forspoken
      • 2022 - Never heard of it. 
    • Ghostwire: Tokyo
      • TBD - Looks Interesting. 
    If we can avoid remasters and actually have new versions of games i.e new ways to play out stories, I think that's exciting. FF7 feels like a new game and it is. New gameplay, graphics design and delivery, even a new twist on the story. 

I do fear that the follow ups will make little sense after they brought Yuffie in too early and the Zack surprise. 
  • Yeah certainly some good upcoming games, just pretty poor first 11th months
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed. I’ve had my ps5 since June and just have played old games. Have completed AC Valhalla and it was ok. Have far cry 6 coming for my birthday, but seen mixed reviews 
  • Across both consoles the next 2 years look pretty good for the games I like.

Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite this year, early next year Stalker 2 looks good, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War, Redfall from Arkane and Starfield from Bethesda, I'll get Deathloop when it hits gamepass, plus I'm working my way through the PS4 games I missed out on, picked up Spiderman for £12 this week so that's next for me,

I refuse to pay 60-70 for a game so pick them up as and when I can if I see a good deal on eBay, can't see me running out of things to play for a while yet!! 

Hoping a Wolfenstein 3 or Titanfall 3 appear out of nowhere before Machine Games start the Indiana Jones game and Respawn start the Jedi Fallen Order sequel.

Currently playing Deaths Door on Series X - good but finding it difficult at the minute.
  • PS Plus subscription looks like a bit of a no-brainer.
  • Danepak said:
    PS Plus subscription looks like a bit of a no-brainer.
    It’s ok, but not too many games I like 
    This always happens in the first year or so of a new console gen - the next year or 2 it will really start kicking off
  • robroy said:
    Danepak said:
    PS Plus subscription looks like a bit of a no-brainer.
    It’s ok, but not too many games I like 
    The golf game is on this month. I was planning on buying it. The subscription for PS Plus for a year will almost pay for it anyway
  • edited October 2021
    Sony still charging near on £400 for a playstation 4 FFS

Microsoft still charging nearly £400 for an Xbox s

We are the mug generation!
  • I have just completed A Plague Tale: Innocence on PS5 which was really good.

I’m now on Watch Dogs 2 which is a PS4 game but I guess I need to complete that before I move onto Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5).
  • cafctom said:
    I have just completed A Plague Tale: Innocence on PS5 which was really good.

I’m now on Watch Dogs 2 which is a PS4 game but I guess I need to complete that before I move onto Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5).
    Plague Tale genuinely gave me the creeps when I played it, not scarey as such but the noises from the swarms of rats freaked me out, good game though and looking forward to the second on next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sony still charging near on £400 for a playstation 4 FFS

Microsoft still charging nearly £400 for an Xbox s

We are the mug generation!
    Why would you pay for a one S when you can get a series S for £249
  • I managed to get to the front of the queue at Game for a PS5 the other day but then really thought about it and closed the browser. I held out on getting a PS4 for nearly two years because there was enough that I'd missed out on on PS3 to tide me over until the price dropped, and I'm feeling much less of a pull towards the PS5 based on the current line-up of games. Might be a good old while before I'm really tempted, and with all the shortages I think it will be a long time before the price of a PS5 goes down. Maybe when the next Dragon Age comes out I'll be tempted but until then what's on offer hasn't wowed me
  • Limited edition Halo Elite controller arrived yesterday, impressive bit it kit, completely unnecessary for my gaming habits but felt like treating myself!!!

• Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for 69 billion dollars!!!! Crazy money!!
  • Microsoft making some crazy moves at the minute Bethesda now this...

Was playing warzone with 3 guys who are in gaming as the news broke at lunchtime and one of them works for Sony, looking after Activision in some way, he was like "Did I just lose my job??" 
  • Wish Microsoft would piss off - they are going to make cod exclusive and I don’t want to buy an Xbox.
  • I don't play any of their game franchises, so a big fat meh from me.

Bethesda I was more annoyed at tbh.

I'd like to see Sony counter though by buying up someone huge (though tbh the amount of stuff they already make in house or in collaboration with studios, they have little need to buy someone like this)
  • arny23394 said:
    Wish Microsoft would piss off - they are going to make cod exclusive and I don’t want to buy an Xbox.
    Can't see them doing that, wouldn't make financial sense. Perhaps an earlier release or some exclusive items / maps but making it for a single console would be nuts.
  • Due to PS5 availability issues, I bought a Series S. Best thing I could have done seeing as Sony seem to be struggling at the moment to draw in the biggest and best names. 
  • edited January 2022
    Sony ensured I can’t play God of War or Spider-Man so I hope Microsoft buy everyone’s favourite franchises