Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the TV I guess. FWIW the UHD TV it didn't like was a Samsung, and the one it had no problem with was a Hisense
  • Options
    Not sure how but Sony seem to have found a way of making game download file sizes smaller than Xbox, downloaded Hitman trilogy on series X and compared file sizes,  hitman 2 on Ps5 is 11gb smaller than the series X version of the same game.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    It's the one supplied with the Playstation and is only 3 months old. Maybe it's worth getting a new one.
    Take a look in your tv settings, you may need to change the hdmi input to 2.0.

If that's all good, get yourself an "ultra high speed" hdmi cable if you dont have a spare one. There have been a lot of known issues with the ones sony supplied.

Edit - May also be down to the tv mode, try changing that. I.e don't have it on "game mode".
  • Options
    I do have mine on game mode to get the 120FPS. I'll have a fiddle when I get home.

My TV has HMDI 2.1 so shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    I do have mine on game mode to get the 120FPS. I'll have a fiddle when I get home.

Could be that the hdmi isn't set correctly though. I run mine via an av receiver and had to change the settings on that to get the full throughput.
  • Options

Samsung tv?
  • Options
    It's a LG OLED C1
  • Options
    I’ve had my PS5 for approx 4 months now.
    Started out playing so-called boring games like 2K21 (golf) and Snooker 19.
    For the last month I’ve started playing The Last of Us. What a game!!!!! Only issue is that when the family are in bed, I want to stay up and play it.

Also playing It Takes Two with my 11-year old daughter. Fantastic game.

Games have really developed a lot since I was a kid.
  • Options
    It Takes Two was probably the best game I played last year, it was fantastic. The Last of Us is one of the best of all time in my opinion. 

Glad you’re enjoying them.
  • Options
    It Takes Two was probably the best game I played last year, it was fantastic. The Last of Us is one of the best of all time in my opinion. 

Just ordered Last of Us 2.

Other games I’m considering:

Uncharted

Far Cry

A Plague Tale

Days Gone

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Uncharted series is good fun. 

The Last of Us 2 was slated by quite a few critics, but I found it outstanding, it achieved remarkable things with how it made the player feel while working through the game. It was widely praised on here by those who played it from memory. Avoid spoilers at all costs.

I’ve got Days Gone in my library but haven’t started it yet.

God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn are all great games that if you haven’t played I’d highly recommend.
  • Options

The Last of Us 2 was slated by quite a few critics, but I found it outstanding, it achieved remarkable things with how it made the player feel while working through the game. It was widely praised on here by those who played it from memory. Avoid spoilers at all costs.

God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn are all great games that if you haven’t played I’d highly recommend.
    My daughter is playing Horizon Zero Dawn.
    For some reason I’m not drawn to fantasy, samurais and vikings.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

My daughter is playing Horizon Zero Dawn.
    For some reason I’m not drawn to fantasy, samurais and vikings.
    Just finishing Zero Dawn, enjoyed it. Found it short though. 

FarCry 6 was also very short. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Really looking forward to Elden Ring. Will be one of the few games I'm willing to pay the opening price for. 
  • Options
    I had a £60 amazon voucher so i've preordered Dying Light 2. Didn't play the first one but from what i've seen this looks good
  • Options
    Another vote for it takes two, played it in 2 sittings with my son over Xmas, he really liked it and wants to play it again but as the other characters, the same developer has another co-op game called a way out where you are trying to escape prison - on Gamepass and EA play if you have either.

Also started last of us 2 over Christmas only got 2 hours in and stopped, nothing wrong with the game but just wasn't in the mood so gonna go back to it this weekend.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Just ordered Last of Us 2.

Other games I’m considering:

Uncharted

Far Cry

A Plague Tale

Days Gone

The Far Cry games are fun, especially 3. Days Gone got some really negative feedback when it first came out but I really enjoyed it. It's not got the best story but I've not had a lot more fun in a game than taking down an entire horde with a bit of trap planning and a big machine gun
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Really looking forward to Elden Ring. Will be one of the few games I'm willing to pay the opening price for. 
    Elden Ring and Forbidden West coming out at a similar time is brutal!

Not so much the cost but more my time to play them. If God of War Ragnarok comes out this year too as anticipated it could be a great year for games, after a few baron ones really.
  • Options
    The Last of Us is the best game I've ever played. Never had a game make me feel so involved.

I really enjoyed TLOU2 too - probably not as much as the first one but a worthy successor.
  • Options
    Sony have bought Bungie for $4 bn, which is fairly surprising considering they were once owned by Microsoft.  Seems like a decent acquisition of a proven developer.

Destiny has had a fairly rocky history, but it was some of the best co-op I have played.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sony have bought Bungie for $4 bn, which is fairly surprising considering they were once owned by Microsoft.  Seems like a decent acquisition of a proven developer.

Destiny has had a fairly rocky history, but it was some of the best co-op I have played.

Wow! I wonder what this means for Halo - something I’d consider an Xbox exclusive title.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Loved Destiny 1. Less keen on 2. Not sure I rate anything other than D1 and Halo that they've done. 
  • Options

Wow! I wonder what this means for Halo - something I’d consider an Xbox exclusive title.
    They sold the rights to Halo ages ago, to Microsoft. I think all the new Halo games are made by someone else now
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Nothing. Bungie haven't been involved with Halo for about a decade now.
  • Options
    Getting back to the thread title, is the Gamecube still worth a shout?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

They sold the rights to Halo ages ago, to Microsoft. I think all the new Halo games are made by someone else now
    Yea the last Bungie Halo game was Reach - which was incredible. Everything from after that (Halo 4 onwards) Has been Microsofts in house Devs I think
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Loved Destiny 1. Less keen on 2. Not sure I rate anything other than D1 and Halo that they've done. 
    I agree, I enjoyed the first one better. Don't think they have developed anything other than Halo and Destiny really in the last 20 years. Myth was fairly popular in the 90s  
  • Options
    The Last of Us is the best game I've ever played. Never had a game make me feel so involved.

I really enjoyed TLOU2 too - probably not as much as the first one but a worthy successor.
    Finished TLOU yesterday.
    Superb game.
    Playing TLOU Left Behind, where I’m near the end.
    Next up will be TLOU2 - looks a lot harder and quite a few jump scares. It’s also longer, right?
  • Options
     Is longer, and darker in theme. Both great games prefer TLOU.
  • Options
     Is longer, and darker in theme. Both great games prefer TLOU.
    What makes you prefer the first one?