Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    I think I just preferred the storyline of the first game. Great character development and it's fun watching the world they knew crumble before their eyes.

I also think the visual quality of the game was nothing that had been experienced on a PS3 before. It still look good now if you can see past the framerate.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
     Is longer, and darker in theme. Both great games prefer TLOU.
    What makes you prefer the first one?

I find the relationship between Ellie and Joel one of the strengths of the first game. This balances the desolate nature of the story. Like there is some hope in the world they inhabit.

The second game does not have this, and with the darker themes I find it less uplifting, quite sad TBH.

Graphically the second game is streets ahead. Gameplay is also improved.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The Last of Us was a masterpiece but I gave up on the sequel, I found it got a bit repetitive. 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
     Is longer, and darker in theme. Both great games prefer TLOU.
    What makes you prefer the first one?

I find the relationship between Ellie and Joel one of the strengths of the first game. This balances the desolate nature of the story. Like there is some hope in the world they inhabit.

The second game does not have this, and with the darker themes I find it less uplifting, quite sad TBH.

Graphically the second game is streets ahead. Gameplay is also improved.
    The enemies are a lot smarter on the 2nd game
  • Options
    I've played maybe the first 3 hours of part 2 and it hasn't grabbed me yet so will probably go back to it over half term when I can play a few long sessions and hopefully get into it properly.
    Just got Miles Morales delivered today, £25 still sealed from eBay, nearly spent £49 on the PS store the week after Xmas when they had a sale on, glad I'm stingy old git who refuses to pay more than £25 a game as I'd pissed off right now if I'd spent double!! 
  • Options
    Finally got round to play Demon Souls. Its very difficult but very rewarding when you finally down a boss
  • Options
    I've played maybe the first 3 hours of part 2 and it hasn't grabbed me yet so will probably go back to it over half term when I can play a few long sessions and hopefully get into it properly.
    Just got Miles Morales delivered today, £25 still sealed from eBay, nearly spent £49 on the PS store the week after Xmas when they had a sale on, glad I'm stingy old git who refuses to pay more than £25 a game as I'd pissed off right now if I'd spent double!! 
    replay 1 and then jump into 2. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    replay 1 and then jump into 2. 
    Only played 1 about a year ago!!!! 

I know I'll enjoy it once I play some longer sessions, the odd hour every 3/4 nights, for me, doesn't help the narrative heavy games.

The odd mission in Hitman and some web swinging through New York will keep me occupied till half term and I'll have a proper go at TLOU 2 then.
  • Options
    I finished TLOU 'Left Behind', which is a short game happening before TLOU.
    Enjoyed that as well.

Will start TLOU 2 in the very near future.
  • Options
    Amazon have delivered my copy of Dying Light 2 a day early. Happy days! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone getting the new Horizon on PS5? Apparently if you get the PS4 version you can upgrade for free saving £20 ish. Not sure if true, conflicting info online
  • Options
    I just completed Dying Light and enjoyed it so much I took on the DLC. 

After finishing a few story based games over the last 6 months I decided to take bit of a break and spend a bit of time on F1 2021 and FIFA. But now, I’ve just started on Watch Dogs: Legion, which is set in London.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Anyone getting the new Horizon on PS5? Apparently if you get the PS4 version you can upgrade for free saving £20 ish. Not sure if true, conflicting info online
    I'll be ordering it when I get back from my holiday. Still haven't started Dying Light 2, been too caught up playing Demon Souls
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Definitely true. Believe there is a £10 price difference on the store rather than £20, though. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I've already pre ordered it sadly. Could have saved a score. Really excited for it, the early access reviews I've seen have sounded great. 

Elden Ring the following week, too. Although I'll probably wait a bit for that. The next gen consoles should really start to excel this year.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I've already pre ordered it sadly. Could have saved a score. Really excited for it, the early access reviews I've seen have sounded great. 

Elden Ring the following week, too. Although I'll probably wait a bit for that. The next gen consoles should really start to excel this year.
    You can get refunds on the store for pre orders, I’m pretty sure.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    robroy said:
    Definitely true. Believe there is a £10 price difference on the store rather than £20, though. 
    Thought it was £69.99 standard, can get the PS4 on Amazon for £50 
  • Options
    Horizon, Elden Ring, Gran Turismo out in the first week of March, really spoilt for choice in the coming weeks.

My stupid ass will still sink 30+ hours a week into FIFA though 
  • Options
    First I’ve heard about that Elden Ring. Right up my street once I’ve completed the new Horizon 
  • Options
    Just so I understand, I can buy the PS4 version, then just get a free PS5 upgrade in the PS store? Going to try and get a refund if it’s that easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just so I understand, I can buy the PS4 version, then just get a free PS5 upgrade in the PS store? Going to try and get a refund if it’s that easy.
    However, a year later, when detailing Horizon Forbidden West’s various editions, Sony said that “dual entitlement does not apply to the standard and Special Editions” of the game, meaning players would only get a free upgrade if they purchased more expensive versions. 

I'd play it safe and just get the PS5 version personally 
  • Options
    Finished Miles Morales in 2 nights at the weekend, really good but very short, glad i didn't pay full price for a 10 hour game, felt to me like they took whatever didn't make it in to the og Spiderman, did all the Miles cut scenes etc and boom game done, still a really great game tho, currently playing Batman Arkham Knight on Series X.

Anyone played the Bioshock series?  Trilogy currently £8 on Microsoft store and never played them and they look pretty good.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The first Bioshock is one of my GOATs. Recommend. And the other two are very good. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The first Bioshock is one of my GOATs. Recommend. And the other two are very good. 
    Just got the trilogy, 1&2 are remastered versions so 4k on Xbox, and infinite is the delux version so pretty good for £8
  • Options
    Finished Miles Morales in 2 nights at the weekend, really good but very short, glad i didn't pay full price for a 10 hour game, felt to me like they took whatever didn't make it in to the og Spiderman, did all the Miles cut scenes etc and boom game done, still a really great game tho, currently playing Batman Arkham Knight on Series X.

Anyone played the Bioshock series?  Trilogy currently £8 on Microsoft store and never played them and they look pretty good.
    Miles Morales was a real pisstake for the cost, glorified DLC 
  • Options
    Saw Smyth's had a PS5 restock this morning. Sold out nationwide in 7 minutes apparently.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The whole shortage situation is quite absurd.

I'd like a new one but I'm still using my Xbox One but don't feel like I'm really missing out that much. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I'd like a new one but I'm still using my Xbox One but don't feel like I'm really missing out that much. 
    I read a while ago its all down to 1 chip that's got a serious backlog. Not sure if that's still the case.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

If you hook up the new Xbox or PS5 to a TV capable of 120FPS, going back to the old-gen is difficult, especially when some of the games still run at 30FPS.
  • Options
    Get a series s for now. 

£250 and a vastly improved experience. Capable of 4k 60fps or 1440p 120fps.