Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    Sony ensured I can’t play God of War or Spider-Man so I hope Microsoft buy everyone’s favourite franchises.
    How did they do that out of interest? Or do you mean lack of available consoles?
  • Options
    Limited edition Halo Elite controller arrived yesterday, impressive bit it kit, completely unnecessary for my gaming habits but felt like treating myself!!!

Looks a bit scuffed up mate. 

;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sony ensured I can’t play God of War or Spider-Man so I hope Microsoft buy everyone’s favourite franchises.
    How did they do that out of interest? Or do you mean lack of available consoles?
    I’m just an Xbox owner and Sony makes a
    lot of their AAA games PlayStation exclusives - e.g The Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima, God of War, etc.

I don’t really want Microsoft to make any games Xbox exclusives, console wars are extremely annoying.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    They purchased Insomniac for Spiderman...God of War is a Sony developed game though, so never been on xbox. No different to Nintendo & Mario.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    arny23394 said:
    Wish Microsoft would piss off - they are going to make cod exclusive and I don’t want to buy an Xbox.
    Can't see them doing that, wouldn't make financial sense. Perhaps an earlier release or some exclusive items / maps but making it for a single console would be nuts.
    Buying Zenimax and making their games exclusive doesn’t make financial sense either. Maybe it’s Microsoft’s way of forcing Sony into letting game pass on PlayStation as Sony won’t want to lose all the casuals that only play COD & Fifa.
  • Options
    Will probably be a good thing for COD, I can see Microsoft making it a one studio game that focuses on the campaigns and comes out every 3/4 years with a solid single player experience as an Xbox exclusive rather than multiple studios churning out the yearly poor campaigns,

Warzone will stay multiplat as it's a money spinner

First order of business will be to get rid of the scummy little weasel that is Bobby Kotick
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    arny23394 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    arny23394 said:
    Wish Microsoft would piss off - they are going to make cod exclusive and I don’t want to buy an Xbox.
    Can't see them doing that, wouldn't make financial sense. Perhaps an earlier release or some exclusive items / maps but making it for a single console would be nuts.
    Buying Zenimax and making their games exclusive doesn’t make financial sense either. Maybe it’s Microsoft’s way of forcing Sony into letting game pass on PlayStation as Sony won’t want to lose all the casuals that only play COD & Fifa.
    It does make financial sense though as the only way to play these games is now on Xbox/Gamepass.

Microsoft has already sold more Series Consoles (12 million) in the first year than the whole of any other console generation and currently have 25 million gamepass subscribers paying between 10-15 a month.

Within the next 12 months you won't need a console as they will have some kind of Gamepass stick like a Chromecast you just plug in your TV, get any Bluetooth controller and Gamepass subscription and your away, they have already said they are negotiating with TV manufacturers about baking in the Gamepass app to new models so you won't need any hardware soon!!
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    arny23394 said:
    It does make financial sense though as the only way to play these games is now on Xbox/Gamepass.

Microsoft has already sold more Series Consoles (12 million) in the first year than the whole of any other console generation and currently have 25 million gamepass subscribers paying between 10-15 a month.

Within the next 12 months you won't need a console as they will have some kind of Gamepass stick like a Chromecast you just plug in your TV, get any Bluetooth controller and Gamepass subscription and your away, they have already said they are negotiating with TV manufacturers about baking in the Gamepass app to new models so you won't need any hardware soon!!
    The lost revenue from PlayStation sales will not be made up by game pass subscriptions. 
  • Options
    Sony ensured I can’t play God of War or Spider-Man so I hope Microsoft buy everyone’s favourite franchises
    You can play God of War on Steam?
  • Options
    Sony ensured I can’t play God of War or Spider-Man so I hope Microsoft buy everyone’s favourite franchises
    Unfortunately I don’t have a PC with the specs to run it properly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    They purchased Insomniac for Spiderman...God of War is a Sony developed game though, so never been on xbox. No different to Nintendo & Mario.
    Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man, they didn’t need to buy insomniac to make it.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    arny23394 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man, they didn’t need to buy insomniac to make it.
    Isn’t that just the movies? I think they have a stupid deal where they must make x amount of films every x amount of years otherwise they lose the rights
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Isn’t that just the movies? I think they have a stupid deal where they must make x amount of films every x amount of years otherwise they lose the rights
    Correct.
  • Options
    Sony have released a few ps5 exclusives to steam now
  • Options
    With the FIFA name and likeness going up for sale (EA Sports 2023 football game won't be called FIFA but something else, unless they rebid for it and win) it will be interesting to see who picks up the name and makes a football game for it. PES (now eFootball) is awful, so EA don't have a proper rival, but if someone like 2k sports pick it up, and enter an exclusivity deal with Sony or XBox, I can see that being huge
  • Options
    Honestly the Microsoft/activision deal should be thrown out for monopolising the market. 

They've bought a company almost as big as Sony. Plus all the other third party developers they've purchased in the last few years. 
  • Options
    It's pretty concerning
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Honestly the Microsoft/activision deal should be thrown out for monopolising the market. 

They've bought a company almost as big as Sony. Plus all the other third party developers they've purchased in the last few years. 

Microsoft after organising the greatest business minds known to man:

"How do we win the console war for good, brainstorm people, go!"

"VR?"
    "AR?"
    "AI?"

"Can't we just buy all the game development studios?"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Options

Totally agree. As much as I love my Xbox, I hate that these megacorporations continue to hoover up companies and become even more more mega. It's not good for anyone but their shareholders.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Totally agree. As much as I love my Xbox, I hate that these megacorporations continue to hoover up companies and become even more more mega. It's not good for anyone but their shareholders.
    Both companies have seen exclusivity as a way of selling systems for a long time. GTA3 was a PS exclusive initially and Sony spent years buying up game studios, albeit much smaller studios. 

Think it is wrong to say that as consumers there are no benefits, but it is hard for us to quantify. For example, not only do I have access to all the Bethseda titles for a fraction of the cost compared to buying the titles individually, but the release schedules may have been moved up for their big titles as the developers now have access to far greater resources, eg development engines and support studios. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What's crazy is that the deal would include Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, 2 names absolutely synonymous with PlayStation. 

Imagine if a few years ago Sony bought Playground Games, the guys who make Forza Horizon games, it would be madness
  • Options
    If we're talking about monopolies then Tencent would probably need to be looked at too.

They have quietly gone about acquiring publishers and studio's for the last few years and they own parts of ubisoft, epic, EA in think and are now the biggest games publisher in the world, I would hazard a guess that they made more than the gaming sides of Sony and Microsoft combined last year. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Both companies have seen exclusivity as a way of selling systems for a long time. GTA3 was a PS exclusive initially and Sony spent years buying up game studios, albeit much smaller studios. 

Think it is wrong to say that as consumers there are no benefits, but it is hard for us to quantify. For example, not only do I have access to all the Bethseda titles for a fraction of the cost compared to buying the titles individually, but the release schedules may have been moved up for their big titles as the developers now have access to far greater resources, eg development engines and support studios. 
    Not sure I understand what you mean about Bethesda titles at a fraction of the cost? Do you mean because they'll all be on one console now?
  • Options
    Could someone enlighten me on something? As a casual gamer who doesn’t feel the need to buy a game as soon as it comes out, are all of these games that are “exclusive” to one platform or the other all eventually released on the opposing platform? If so, then I’m not too bothered who owns what. 😎
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Not sure I understand what you mean about Bethesda titles at a fraction of the cost? Do you mean because they'll all be on one console now?
    Probably means as they will all launch straight in to Gamepass so won't ever have to actually buy the game, just subscribe to gamepass and you can play them all.
  • Options
    Could someone enlighten me on something? As a casual gamer who doesn’t feel the need to buy a game as soon as it comes out, are all of these games that are “exclusive” to one platform or the other all eventually released on the opposing platform? If so, then I’m not too bothered who owns what. 😎
    The exclusively have usually been exclusive only to one console. Recently though we have begun to have more of a crossover where 'exclusive' games are slowly being released to more than one platform eventually but after a significant amount of time. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Probably means as they will all launch straight in to Gamepass so won't ever have to actually buy the game, just subscribe to gamepass and you can play them all.
    Right. Well it's quite cheap at the moment because they're trying to build users but when they've bought up the market and killed competition from Sony, they'll be charging what they like. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Right. Well it's quite cheap at the moment because they're trying to build users but when they've bought up the market and killed competition from Sony, they'll be charging what they like. 
    Yep, once they’ve hoovered all the studios up the way to increase revenue for shareholders will be to slowly hike up the cost. But tbf it’ll have to be hiked up a massive amount to stop representing value for consumers. PS5 exclusives are £70 for one game!

As a PS5 owner I’m hoping Sony produce a decent alternative to Gamepass
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Yep, once they’ve hoovered all the studios up the way to increase revenue for shareholders will be to slowly hike up the cost. But tbf it’ll have to be hiked up a massive amount to stop representing value for consumers. PS5 exclusives are £70 for one game!

As a PS5 owner I’m hoping Sony produce a decent alternative to Gamepass
    Don't they have a subscription game model at the moment? Although it's not marketed very well
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

It's definitely gonna go up in price eventually, apparently they want to get to 50 million subscribers before upping the price and they are currently halfway there, if and when this deal goes through and they announce Cod as Xbox only, (I'm 100% sure that will happen) then that 50 million will happen pretty quickly.
    It's currently about £13 a month so I can see it going to £20, if and when it gets to nearer £30 month then it will be interesting to see how many subscribers jump ship.