Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    Just bought Cyberpunk on Xbox X. Mate of mine loves it and by all accounts there updates have sorted out these glitches. 

Anyone played it? Thoughts? 

Elden Ring took my interest but really not sure it would be for me! I like open world games though and tbf I am looking forward to the Hogwarts game haha!
    Love Cyberpunk. Completed it three times over. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Just started playing The Village on PS5. Only £25 
    Is that Resident Evil Village?
    Yes mate. 
    Good game, but found it a bit unsettling at times. 
    Yeah, it is pretty grim so far. Won't be playing this one with the kids knocking about. 
  • Options
    Got asked if I wanted to sell my PS4 today. First version with 500gb and two controllers, anyone know what a decent rate is? 

Having looked on eBay, its about £150.00.

cheers 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just bought Cyberpunk on Xbox X. Mate of mine loves it and by all accounts there updates have sorted out these glitches. 

Anyone played it? Thoughts? 

Elden Ring took my interest but really not sure it would be for me! I like open world games though and tbf I am looking forward to the Hogwarts game haha!
    Love Cyberpunk. Completed it three times over. 
    Happy days!! Looking forward to cracking on with it!
  • Options
    I got a free download to play Resident Evil Biohazard.

I’m not typically put off by horror movies or anything like that, but Jesus Christ…I couldn’t handle it and had to just write it off as a lesson learned 😂
  • Options
    I nearly got Cyberpunk last week when the next gen patch hit but Ive got a bit of a backlog building, currently playing Control, then I've got the last game of the Batman Arkham series, little nightmares 2, Bioshock trilogy plus Guardians of the Galaxy hits Gamepass Thursday, good thing I work in a school so get plenty of times for gaming!!!!
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Got asked if I wanted to sell my PS4 today. First version with 500gb and two controllers, anyone know what a decent rate is? 

Having looked on eBay, its about £150.00.

cheers 
    Yeah sold my old one for 180 with games so 150 is fair. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I’m not typically put off by horror movies or anything like that, but Jesus Christ…I couldn’t handle it and had to just write it off as a lesson learned 😂
    Yes, this is a follow on. I must say 'Biohazrad was too much 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

You can play it on VR as well - I’m not brave enough.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I just kept saying " oh fuck off" whilst in the middle of jumping out my skin. 

Horrors and that I really like but yeah I couldnt hack it!

Dead Space is still the scariest game ive played...I remember playing it at about 3am-ish...something and I shouted " OH FUCK" my brother came in thinking something had happened to me...wasnt chuffed when he realised the game shit me up!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished The Village (RE8) on PS5. Great game and highly enjoyable for £25 smackers 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    The Last of Us is the best game I've ever played. Never had a game make me feel so involved.

I really enjoyed TLOU2 too - probably not as much as the first one but a worthy successor.
    Finished TLOU yesterday.
    Superb game.
    Playing TLOU Left Behind, where I’m near the end.
    Next up will be TLOU2 - looks a lot harder and quite a few jump scares. It’s also longer, right?
    Took me about 20 hours to finish TLOU2 so yes, its about twice as long as the first. 

It has a very long drawn out epilogue, I thought I finished the game one evening only for another 4 odd hours of the story to happen!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I just kept saying " oh fuck off" whilst in the middle of jumping out my skin. 

Horrors and that I really like but yeah I couldnt hack it!

Dead Space is still the scariest game ive played...I remember playing it at about 3am-ish...something and I shouted " OH FUCK" my brother came in thinking something had happened to me...wasnt chuffed when he realised the game shit me up!! 
    Eurgh, Dead Space. That first limby thing coming at you is still the most terrifying experience I've had in a game. I did enjoy Dead Space 2 more as an overall game but in terms of fright nothing touches the claustrophobia of that first game.
  • Options
    Been watching a streamer, tempted to get Gran Turismo or Formula 1, although i still only have a ps4 and barely play it, is it worth it? anyone playing any of them, also no steering wheel too. Feels like maybe wait for PS5 (when i am in the position to get one)
  • Options
    Been watching a streamer, tempted to get Gran Turismo or Formula 1, although i still only have a ps4 and barely play it, is it worth it? anyone playing any of them, also no steering wheel too. Feels like maybe wait for PS5 (when i am in the position to get one)
    The F1 games are good but it’ll make you want to get a steering wheel which will then just sit in the cupboard cause you can’t be bothered with the effort of setting it all up every time you want to play
  • Options
    If you're looking for more content and realistic graphics etc then go for Gran Turismo. But if you're looking for a more exciting, slightly arcadey game that still offers a challenge, go for F1.

F1 2021 is free on EA Play right now I believe
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Have been playing a lot of F1 2021 recently.

A wheel would definitely make a difference, but it is still playable with a controller. If you’re into Formula 1 then you’ll like it. It looks gorgeous on a PS5
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Danepak said:
    The Last of Us is the best game I've ever played. Never had a game make me feel so involved.

I really enjoyed TLOU2 too - probably not as much as the first one but a worthy successor.
    Finished TLOU yesterday.
    Superb game.
    Playing TLOU Left Behind, where I’m near the end.
    Next up will be TLOU2 - looks a lot harder and quite a few jump scares. It’s also longer, right?
    Took me about 20 hours to finish TLOU2 so yes, its about twice as long as the first. 

It has a very long drawn out epilogue, I thought I finished the game one evening only for another 4 odd hours of the story to happen!

I loved TLOU2 though. What a game!

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Thats handy, i nearly bought it last night as it was reduced to £12, i'll sign up for a month and get it. I was downloading the demo last night but not played it yet. 

I am not a formula fan at all, i used to watch when younger and play the computer games, but now i don't watch it at all. 

I haven't had a Gran Turismo since maybe Playstation 2/3, but not sure its worth me investing £50 to not play it, i dont get alot of free evenings and when i do its usually watching football. Just came across a streamer the last week and keep watching him play both, GT does look awesome just not sure i would play enough to justify the price. Also as PS4 the graphics wont be anywhere near.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone have the Xbox Elite 2 Controller - Any opinions on it if so?
  • Options
    Does anyone have the Xbox Elite 2 Controller - Any opinions on it if so?
    I've got the limited edition halo one, good controller and loads of customisation options but the only ones I really use are the back paddles for manual gear changing in Forza and they make weapon switching easy in shooters, other than that and the profile creating ability I don't really see the need for it as I don't play online multilayers etc, I only got it as it was the halo edition and at nearly 200 I don't think it's really worth it for casual gaming, the battery lasts about a month which is also a plus point!!
  • Options
    Just a heads up. If you have FarCry 6 there is a new crossover mission with Stranger Things that was released for free today for the weekend. 

Looks decent 
  • Options

Sony Group Corp. is preparing to introduce a new video game subscription service for the PlayStation as early as next week, said people familiar with the plans.

The service, which has been in development under the codename Spartacus, is Sony’s answer to Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox Game Pass, a sort of Netflix for video games that has amassed more than 25 million subscribers. Sony’s will debut with a splashy lineup of hit games from recent years, said the people, who requested anonymity because the plans are private.

Sony’s new service will combine two of its current offerings, PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus. Customers will be able to choose from multiple tiers offering catalogs of modern games and classics from older PlayStation eras.

Documents obtained by Bloomberg last year showed the most expensive tier will also give players access to extended demos and the ability to stream games over the internet. A spokesperson for Sony didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-25/sony-to-unveil-playstation-subscription-as-soon-as-next-week

• Options
    I think those expecting the Sony offering to be comparable to gamepass are gonna be disappointed.

Its essentially a combining of ps plus and ps now broken down in to 3 tiers, the most basic being ps plus as it is now for about a tenner a month to the top tier which is ps plus and ps now combined for about 15 a month with game trials added in, the middle tier is rumoured to be the bottom tier plus the dowllodable games from ps now for 12 a month.

Not saying it a bad deal but without day one first party releases, Pc versions and then add EA play on top and Ubisoft+ due to be included.later this year you can't compare it to Gamepass.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Is anyone elses disk drive on the PS5 really noisy? Ruins what is otherwise an elegant machine
  • Options
    My son has still got Xbox one and is happy to keep it at moment but wants to get more storage added as he is starting to play more online games.  Can anyone recommend an external drive? Is it just a case of plugging into a port on the Xbox ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    My son has still got Xbox one and is happy to keep it at moment but wants to get more storage added as he is starting to play more online games.  Can anyone recommend an external drive? Is it just a case of plugging into a port on the Xbox ? 
    If you want to splash the cash i'd recommend a ssd. 

However, i've got one of these and it works perfectly ok.

Deal of the day: Seagate Game Drive for Xbox, 2TB, External Hard Drive Portable, USB 3.2 Gen 1, Black with built-in green LED bar, Xbox Certified, 2 year Rescue Services (STKX2000400) https://amzn.eu/d/axfQSpV

• Options
    Thanks @PopIcon