Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure you can pick up a series x  via the Xbox all access scheme through Game or Smyth's, £28 a month for 2 years but you get Gamepass included with that, think it actually works out about £20 cheaper than buying the console then Gamepass and EA Play separately for 2 years..

Crazy to think both main consoles are still not available in store's yet almost 18 months after release and if some gaming sites are to be believed it's gonna be 2023 before they are in stores.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can pick up a series x  via the Xbox all access scheme through Game or Smyth's, £28 a month for 2 years but you get Gamepass included with that, think it actually works out about £20 cheaper than buying the console then Gamepass and EA Play separately for 2 years..

Crazy to think both main consoles are still not available in store's yet almost 18 months after release and if some gaming sites are to be believed it's gonna be 2023 before they are in stores.
    The chip shortage is a real problem. I actually saw one place predict that the PS5 won't be commercially available properly til close to 2024 because of it, by which time they'll be working on a PS5 slim
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    I finished TLOU 'Left Behind', which is a short game happening before TLOU.
    Enjoyed that as well.

Will start TLOU 2 in the very near future.
    Finished it last night. Loved it, but hate the jump scares 😂
  • Options
    Just started Plague Tales.
    Feels a bit strange after 2 x TLOU, but will give it time.
  • Options
    Did anyone manage to purchase horizon for PS4 and upgrade for free to PS5?
  • Options
    Has anyone got Elden Ring on the PS5? I have read mixed reviews, I'm a casual gamer I would say and found 'Dark Souls a bit boring and too hard. 

Will this be the same? 

It is a toss up between that and the new Horizon. 

cheers 
  • Options
    From what I can work out from reviews and my mates playing it, it's quite a bit easier than their other games, but for the casual gamer it may still be quite the challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    robroy said:
    Has anyone got Elden Ring on the PS5? I have read mixed reviews, I'm a casual gamer I would say and found 'Dark Souls a bit boring and too hard. 

Will this be the same? 

It is a toss up between that and the new Horizon. 

cheers 
    I've been playing it the past few days, and I love Dark Souls. I think it's a bit easier than past games because you get extra skills and summonable creatures to help you in boss fights, but it's still very much a Souls game. I die a lot. But unlike previous Souls games, you're not constantly fighting your way to the next bonfire. If you die, it's not the end of the world. 

Great game if you're into it. But it's still pretty hard.
  • Options
    Thanks, I am very tempted! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the look of Elden Ring too. Not been a fan of the previous games as I simply hated losing my progress each run. 
  • Options
    I bought I bought Gran Turismo 7 earlier but too busy to play and busy al weekend.  Anyone played It on ps5 yet?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I bought I bought Gran Turismo 7 earlier but too busy to play and busy al weekend.  Anyone played It on ps5 yet?
    Played it a bit last night when it dropped. The graphics are fuck-me-sideways beautiful, and if you played the older GTs like 3 and 4 then you'll feel right at home. 
  • Options
    Guy I follow on YouTube posted a video of his 83 boss fights so far in Elden Ring - It's a 3 hour video and I don't think it's every boss in the game!!!! I watched the first 2 or 3 and decided it's definitely not for me, it's looks amazing and I've not seen a bad review but I know it will be to hard and I won't have the patience.

Picked up the next gen version of Control for £9 yesterday and Guardians of The Galaxy comes to gamepass next week so that's me sorted for a few weeks!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Like the look of Elden Ring too. Not been a fan of the previous games as I simply hated losing my progress each run. 
    This one is a bit more forgiving as there are bonfires everywhere and being open world you can fast travel to one as soon as you’ve enough runes to level up
  • Options
    Ps5 stock possibly dropping at Argos this week. Problem is it’s my week on at work doing nights and I finish at 8am in the morning. Will be a slog keeping myself up waiting/hoping for a drop although Argos do tend to have theirs around 9am. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Played it quite a lot more now, forgot how silly some aspects of it actually are for a very serious racing simulator, like hooning a lime green Lamborghini around an oval against a bunch of Japanese compact cars! 

Spent a good 20 minutes on photo mode in a wet race too, the graphics are even better in the wet, which is quite a feat given how amazing they already are
  • Options
    Just finished A Plague Tale. It was OK, but most of the time almost too easy and simple to resolve puzzles.
    Nothing compared to Last of Us.
  • Options
    Anyone else been playing Horizon Forbidden West? I've ploughed around 70 hours or so in so far and to be frank it's completely blown me away. HZD was already one of my favourite games ever and they've just made so many quality of life improvements that will probably make HZD unplayable again!

I'm at the stage now where I don't actually want to finish the main story so I'm going around doing all the side quests. The development of the side quests is something I really applaud as they're not all repetitive which is a criticism of other open world games. The thought and attention to detail is excellent.

I can see me spending a load of time trying to get platinum before heading over to Elden Ring and GT7. What a few weeks it's been for Playstation gamers.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Played it quite a lot more now, forgot how silly some aspects of it actually are for a very serious racing simulator, like hooning a lime green Lamborghini around an oval against a bunch of Japanese compact cars! 

Spent a good 20 minutes on photo mode in a wet race too, the graphics are even better in the wet, which is quite a feat given how amazing they already are
    I got half an hour in with my son.  Spent most of that watching opening credits which I couldn’t pass!

eeally hope I can get used to using the controller as steering wheel as it’s a new sensation to me and I quite like it.

I must admit though the graphics are really quite unbelievable aren’t they!

im sure I’ll get all the licences (golds to start but towards the end I can’t be arsed and just get a scraped bronze)and do load of races before I get bored.  This is what my ps5 was designed for, games that look this good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:

I got half an hour in with my son.  Spent most of that watching opening credits which I couldn’t pass!

eeally hope I can get used to using the controller as steering wheel as it’s a new sensation to me and I quite like it.

I must admit though the graphics are really quite unbelievable aren’t they!

im sure I’ll get all the licences (golds to start but towards the end I can’t be arsed and just get a scraped bronze)and do load of races before I get bored.  This is what my ps5 was designed for, games that look this good!
    How does it feel using the steering wheel, i opted for the analog stick but wondering if its worth a go using the steering wheel?
  • Options
    Still getting used to it @twiggyaddick

i might do a comparison later of the same race but different control methods and see how I get on
  • Options
    Just started playing The Village on PS5. Only £25 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Is that Resident Evil Village?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Yes mate. 
  • Options
    Horrific 12 hour nightshift with multiple emergency surgeries. Got home 8:50. Find out Very will have a stock drop. Keep myself awake for over an hour in a queue. Finally. FINALLY. I have a Ps5. 
    Nice one mate. Disc or digital ? What games are you getting? 
  • Options
    Just bought Cyberpunk on Xbox X. Mate of mine loves it and by all accounts there updates have sorted out these glitches. 

Anyone played it? Thoughts? 

Elden Ring took my interest but really not sure it would be for me! I like open world games though and tbf I am looking forward to the Hogwarts game haha!
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Horrific 12 hour nightshift with multiple emergency surgeries. Got home 8:50. Find out Very will have a stock drop. Keep myself awake for over an hour in a queue. Finally. FINALLY. I have a Ps5. 
    Nice one mate. Disc or digital ? What games are you getting? 
    The best thing about it was they had a few bundles and the only one available when I got on was disc version with Horizon. Couldn’t be happier!
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    robroy said:
    Yes mate. 
    Good game, but found it a bit unsettling at times.