Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 2 Play Offs

Comments

• 7 added minutes 
  • Cheltenham were woeful tonight.
  • Dont understand why Cheltenham didn't have 11 players in box at the end then

They had a throw near the corner flag with 30 seconds to go, u need a goal and are going out otherwise, just put all 11 players in the box, it doesn't matter if they break and score because you have no keeper in goal because you were out anyway without a goal 

They had a throw near the corner flag with 30 seconds to go, u need a goal and are going out otherwise, just put all 11 players in the box, it doesn't matter if they break and score because you have no keeper in goal because you were out anyway without a goal 
    Yep, twice in the last minute
  • I've enjoyed these L2 play-offs.  Good games in the main.

I now wonder if Exeter will beat the curse of the teams that usually play in red/white vertical stripes/black shorts.  So far, it's 14 games and not a single match victory at Wembley play-offs.  
  • Gotta remember that only Liverpool and Sheffield United have a better defensive record in England this season

First time they've conceded three goals under Mike Duff since January 2019!!

Yep, twice in the last minute
    I was screaming at them to put 11 men in the box lol I think there was about 7 maybe 8

I just dont see why players were left outside the box when its the last attack and u need a goal
  • Imagine getting to Wembley & not being able to go. I presume the final is there? 
  • Massive surprise for Cheltenham to crash at home like that. Their supporters may have been glad to not be there to see them throw away a 2-0 lead like that!
  • edited June 2020
    Imagine getting to Wembley & not being able to go. I presume the final is there? 
    One thing is Man City fans sitting at home watching a routine thrashing or Burnley fans with nothing to play for who may have ordinarily gone to the Eithad midweek for a few beers, but blimey it must be awful for the play-off teams’ supporters not being able to watch their teams in such massive games. And then missing out on Wembley!!

Imagine if we didn’t have the memories of attending those three games last season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine getting to Wembley & not being able to go. I presume the final is there? 
    One thing is Man City fans sitting at home watching a routine thrashing or Burnley fans with nothing to play for who may have ordinarily gone to the Eithad midweek for a few beers, but blimey it must be awful for the play-off teams’ supporters not being able to watch their teams in such massive games. And then missing out on Wembley!!

Imagine if we didn’t have the memories of attending those three games last season?
    On the other hand I would have quite happily missed our various playoff semi final defeats, especially the one against Palace!
  • of course it’s always a squillion times better being there but a wins a win and a promotion is a promotion I’ve always wanted us to win just as much when I’m not there as when I’m there .

I went just as mental on Saturday when we scored as I would have if at the game and at the final whistle .

There’ll be those saying just cos we won’t be at the game we’ll beat the scum , typical we’ll not be there (law of averages it’s gonna happen one day) as if they’d rather not get the result cos they’re not present!!

When people are on holiday almost moaning cos they’ve missed out on a great result , I’ve never felt that way ...
    Wherever I am, I am just as desperate as ever for the result for us (except when it will benefit the scum more than us, see Southend a few years back, always look at the bigger picture )
    If we survive I’ll be buzzing my nuts off , there or not and I do understand there’s a better buzz from being there but those few hours at Donny , The Valley and Wembley were magical for being there but I’m sure they’re still magical to those who weren’t as fortunate to be at them games .

• Surprised no one has mentioned Matt Taylor in charge @ Exeter!!!... For shame Lifers, for shame!!!
    Taylor and Morrison probably the best CB partnership we have had in the past decade 

Although Pearce and BFG may be close 
    Taylor was out of his depth in The Championship, neither Pearce nor the BFG are.  Whether Morrison's excellence makes up for that is a close call.
  • Terrific performance from Northampton but Cheltenham bottled it, they just did not put in the work and effort required to match a totally committed bunch of Cobblers
  • Surprised no one has mentioned Matt Taylor in charge @ Exeter!!!... For shame Lifers, for shame!!!
    Taylor and Morrison probably the best CB partnership we have had in the past decade 

Taylor was out of his depth in The Championship, neither Pearce nor the BFG are.  Whether Morrison's excellence makes up for that is a close call.
    Wouldn't say he was out of his depth, he wasn't given many games in the Championship, Cort was brought in and Taylor was on the bench.

He played 53 games for us, would assume around 50 of those were in our League One promotion season.
  • Terrific performance from Northampton but Cheltenham bottled it, they just did not put in the work and effort required to match a totally committed bunch of Cobblers
    Onloan striker Callum Morton was all over the pitch, won them the match.
  • Exeter is a cracking away weekender 
  • Great performance from start to finish by the Cobblers. They could have had six. Got in Cheltenham's faces from the get go, never let them settle and just kept coming at them. 

Maybe so but I mean the partnership they formed in the League one season

Morrison played 45 league games
    Taylor played 38 League games and a further 2 as a sub

they had a great partnership and understood each other so well, you felt confident going into games
    Exeter is just a little day trip for me ..... an hour or so away!

• Sponsored links:

Torquay is better
    Torquay is better
    If we are going down that route, I'd have to say Vegas tops Torquay.
  • Exeter got it all to do this half 

Forgot that Mark Marshall played for Northampton now

Alan McCormack too 

Alan McCormack too 
    I try to forget he played for us!! 
  • cafcfan said:
    I've enjoyed these L2 play-offs.  Good games in the main.

I now wonder if Exeter will beat the curse of the teams that usually play in red/white vertical stripes/black shorts.  So far, it's 14 games and not a single match victory at Wembley play-offs.  
    Curse to continue 

Exeter will be number 15
  • Terrible challenge from Moxey that, what an idiot 
  • Terrible challenge from Moxey that, what an idiot 
    Definite red card to the Palace reject.
    Mind you McCormack started it swinging his arm in the other player's face.
  • cafcfan said:
    I've enjoyed these L2 play-offs.  Good games in the main.

Brentford may be the next team to try and break that curse if they don't get automatic promotion...
  • The Northampton fans will be gutted to not be there to see them win 4-0

On the other hand, the Exeter fans will be thinking "thank f*** for that", imagine having to travel back to the West Country from London after that drubbing!