Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hull v Charlton | Match Thread | Saturday 20th June

Comments

• Really can’t get my head round it. If we are playing a flat 4 in the middle surely you play doughty and Williams wide?? 
  • edited June 2020
    Wilks will murder our Left-Back!!... thats all that worries me, get Pearce on Eaves and he'll be kept quiet again

Apart from Long | Toral | Kane | Pennington I barely recognise anyone in that starting team for them
  • I can’t see him putting Pearce left back here’s what i reckon.

Phillips
    Oshilaja, Lockyer, Pearce
    Matthews, Cullen, Pratley, Morgan, McGeady
    Hemed, Bonne

3-5-2 obviously more attacking on one side. 
  • Genuinely puzzled/ concerned by that line up but we haven't seen them in training. 
  • edited June 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    The fact that we have 5 changes available explains the odd lineup for me
    Is the one bonus, at least we've got a damned good bench to rely upon later in the game

Williams | Aneke | Doughty | Field | Sarr could all be very useful changes

I'd prefer to be going up there looking to use the subs to protect a lead though rather than going for it more as the game goes on
  • edited June 2020
    Feel sorry for Page

Did wonder when I saw a post from Lapslie on IG saying his GF was 2 weeks away from being due if he woud miss any games if she happened to go into Labour on a matchday lol
  • There are FIVE left-back options in our squad I'd have in there over Deji, but whatever
  • Not a team I'd have picked but I'm not seeing what's going on in training every day.  Hull have had to make do and mend.  Looks like were doing the same.  In Bowyer we trust but I'm not as confident as I was ten minutes ago.
  • Sponsored links:

Phillips
    Hemed, Bonne

Pearce would have no cover whatsoever from McGeady. 

Phillips
    Hemed, Bonne

I'd be happy with this, certainly means that Morgan isnt having to protect a full-back which is a risk in itself
  • Looks a bit odd, not sure why we only have 3 subs listed....Maybe I missed something
  • Looks a bit odd, not sure why we only have 3 subs listed....Maybe I missed something
    We dont...
  • Page.....you couldn’t make it up

well you could actually!
  • seth plum said:
    This is an unexpected line up. Then again we're all in a Science Fiction film and nothing makes sense.
    I hope it’s not that crappy Christopher Nolan one....
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely 3-5-2 I reckon 

Phillips
    Hemed, Bonne

I'm not exactly over the moon that Oshilaja and Morgan are in the starting X1. But I think you're right on the formation. I would have had Doughty and Sarr, personally. Still, it is what it is. In Bow we have to trust .... COYA
  • Unique 
  • OS says 4-4-2 with McGeady and Morgan wide.

There’s no chance Bowyer will use McGeady as a wing back.
  • iamdan said:
    Where is Taylor?
    Just been seeing riding a BMX down by the Blackwall Tunnel. 
  • iamdan said:
    Where is Taylor?
    Still trying to get to sleep
  • It’s not 352 like I thought just read the article attached to the teams it’s this:

Phillips
    Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Oshilaja 
    McGeady, Cullen, Pratley, Morgan
    Hemed, Bonne

Imagine it’s more of a diamond midfield though, in Bowyer we trust big time..
  • Presumably Pearce over Sarr because of Eaves but Hull are a team there for the taking and I hope we don't sacrifice too much positivity. At least Morgan is starting
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!