Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hull v Charlton | Match Thread | Saturday 20th June

Comments

• It’s not 352 like I thought just read the article attached to the teams it’s this:

Phillips
    Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Oshilaja 
    McGeady, Cullen, Pratley, Morgan
    Hemed, Bonne

Imagine it’s more of a diamond midfield though, in Bowyer we trust big time..
    As always I'll be curious to see the reasoning behind Bowyer's selection - Especially to leave two actual LBs on the bench
  • Kane and Wilks have a point to prove against us

seems a strange lineup but hopefully Bows knows something we don’t know 
  • What on earth is that team!?
  • Over the last couple of seasons we've been used to Lord Bowyer sending out the team with a back four/diamond midfield formation or a back three with midfield five ... oppo teams get used to how we play.

As there has been a very long break in the season maybe His Lordship and his staff have taken the opportunity to come up with some new playing styles, to bowl a bit of a googly (I'm loathe to use the baseball "curveball" analogy when there's a perfectly good cricket one!) knowing that they've got the tried-and-trusted diamond in their back pocket if needs be.

Anyway ... in Lord Bowyer we trust.

Come on you rip-roaring, goal-scoring Addicks!
  • Scoham said:
    OS says 4-4-2 with McGeady and Morgan wide.

There’s no chance Bowyer will use McGeady as a wing back.
    i remember McGeady playing wing back for Celtic but to your point that was a decade ago...
  • Most important thing today is not to sit back and let Hull get into the game. 

Attack early and they'll retreat into their shell.
  • Solly off the bench will make all the difference
  • I could have had a dozen attempts and not got near that starting lineup. Grim.
  • I've missed being disappointed by a line up. COYR! 
  • Surprised Purrington isn't playing. Pleased for Morgan, he certainly looked very toned in the training photos

Even with Lapslie missing, Matt Smith hasn't made the 20 at all, and isn't even mentioned in the article!
  • Sponsored links:

• Big game for Bowyer. Hull all over the shop and he picks a lineup that has us all scratching our collective heads. He’s earned the benefit of the doubt to be sure. But this is a season defining game. I hope his plan is a good one. 
  • Like most, disappointed in that line-up. Really not feeling it at all, hope I’m proven wrong. 
  • Bizarre team, no left back? 
  • Massive risk with that line up, couple hours time we will be either lauding Bows for a tactical masterclassing or lamenting him, I am not confident atm
  • edited June 2020
    ross1 said:
    Wonder where Andre Green is...
    Andre Green, Lewis Page and Jake Forster-Caskey remain behind after picking up slight niggles during the week,

You put it up FA
    When is Page ever going to be fit?
  • If Eaves decides to play up against Pearce, I fear the worst. Definite first-half yellow coming, if not worse. Naby on at half-time, if not before.
  • Good Luck lads, COYRS!
  • edited June 2020
    V strange team.

Did we ever find out who the positive tests were in the Championship?
  • IR94 said:
    ross1 said:
    Wonder where Andre Green is...
    Andre Green, Lewis Page and Jake Forster-Caskey remain behind after picking up slight niggles during the week,

You put it up FA
    When is Page ever going to be fit?
    During close season
  • Sponsored links:

• decent line up .. we'll win this
  • If Eaves decides to play up against Pearce, I fear the worst. Definite first-half yellow coming, if not worse. Naby on at half-time, if not before.
    Eaves v Pearce was played for 45mins when we went to the Priestfield last season

Not too worried by that match up - Eaves doesnt seem to be the smart Championship Striker that we've seen Pearce struggling against
  • When did Bonne go all double barrelled surname?   He’s  on the list as Macauley Miles Bonne. 
  • I've never seen Bonne referred to as that before. 

• Weird selection. In my opinion a disaster on the cards. 
  • I’d almost rather see our nine man bench start than our eleven man starting line up!  
  • Not much creativity in that midfield. Would much rather Doughty than McGeady.
  • Come on you reeeeeeeeds
  • Why all the music and pre-match announcements?  There’s nobody there.  Announcer just keeping his hand in I suppose. 
  • What is the full bench list, don’t seem to be able to see it....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!