Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    Cardiff City have terminated winger Nathan Mendez-Laing's contract with immediate effect.
    The club has not explained the reasons behind the decision but BBC Sport Wales has learned it is for an alleged breach of contract.

Got to be something serious for a club to do that
    Rumoured, and I can't emphasise that enough at this stage, that he's failed a drugs test and also been caught/arrested for dealing drugs. Court case to follow.

A-L-L-E-G-E-D-L-Y

Christ. So, more transgressions than I first alluded to? Sounds like a complete wrong un.

I'm just thankful that I don't use Twitter, nor have any inclination to get involved in such a cesspit of utter shithousery.
    Yet you go to the Den?  ;)
    Fair. I've got nothing :)
  • Options
    Nathan Byrne (Derby) is the latest to leave Wigan, am glad that he's got a decent move!!

Sam Morsy too looks to be following him out, Middlesbrough want him
    Quite an upturn in Byrne's career considering he was loaned to us in L1 as Wigan didn't feel he was up to the Championship!
    Yeah not blowing our trumpet but his career certainly turned with Wigan after his loan with us - Although that would have helped by the fact that Wigan were relegated from the Championship the year he was with us. His loan showed them that he was up to League One standard so got his opportunity and carried that form back into the Championship
  • Options
    Fulham have signed Areola on loan from PSG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54096469

This quote stood out to me

“Fulham's a historic club in London and I've heard a lot about the stadium."

He obviously likes the quiet
  • Options

they need to redo the Andy Hunt song.

Oh Alphonse he comes from France,
    Oh Alphonse he comes from France,
    He's got a name like a nipple,
    Oh Alphonse he comes from France.

• Options

That one side is a building site?
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers have signed Brandon Hanlan... Given the No.9 shirt too
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers have signed Brandon Hanlan... Given the No.9 shirt too
    I always quite liked Hanlan, he has a bit of physical presence about him. One of our better "4th/5th choice young strikers"
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54100171

Birmingham sign Neil Etheridge from Cardiff for more than £2m
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im a little surprised that Rob Elliott doesnt have a new club yet 
  • Options
    Great insight from Ray Parlour there:

"The most important thing is he needs to play football,” said ‘The Romford Pele’.

Thanks for that Ray.  

I might not be an expert or a former player, but I think the problem could be that he's always injured and can't play.
  • Options
    Josh Clarke has gone to Wigan

• Options
    Grealish has signed a new 5 year contract with Villa
  • Options
    Or brilliant if he is going to play on his own.
  • Options
    Gareth Bale to Spurs on loan
  • Options
    Spurs have also agreed a deal to sign Sergio Reguilon for €30million.

Key to the deal was agreeing to the buy back clause Real Madrid wanted, whereas Man U refused.
  • Options
    Thiago heading to Liverpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross McCormack has signed for Aldershot Town
  • Options
    Alan McCormack has rejoined Southend. 
  • Options
    Ross McCormack has signed for Aldershot Town
    That's quite a drop, but then he hasn't done it for the last few years
  • Options

Key to the deal was agreeing to the buy back clause Real Madrid wanted, whereas Man U refused.
    Unless United have an alternative lined up, I think that's short sighted - if you think the player is good, you get a good player for a couple of years, make a bit of a profit if he goes back, and have a couple of years to scout replacements.

I know you could argue he'll always have an eye on going back etc but then he'll want to do well to get that move back.
  • Options

Unless United have an alternative lined up, I think that's short sighted - if you think the player is good, you get a good player for a couple of years, make a bit of a profit if he goes back, and have a couple of years to scout replacements.

I know you could argue he'll always have an eye on going back etc but then he'll want to do well to get that move back.
    I think what probably concerned United is if is does well he's almost certain to go back with Marcelo coming towards the end of his career. Saying that, not sure if they have a similar arrangement with AC for Theo Hernandez?
  • Options
    Real have Ferland Mendy at left back too.
  • Options
    Marcelo, Mendy, Reguilon who was great last year whilst on loan at Sevilla, they can afford to let one of them go and whilst Marcelo is winding down his career, a buy back clause if Reguilon does well makes a lot of sense to Madrid
  • Options

I think what probably concerned United is if is does well he's almost certain to go back with Marcelo coming towards the end of his career. Saying that, not sure if they have a similar arrangement with AC for Theo Hernandez?
    Absolutely, but if he does well and they make a profit, it's probably paid his wages for the time he's there, makes it like a free loan.  
  • Options
    Real have Ferland Mendy at left back too.
    They'll want two though so I'm guessing they are eyeing up Reguillon and maybe Theo Hernandez to come back to replace Marcelo. North Lower Neil said:

Absolutely, but if he does well and they make a profit, it's probably paid his wages for the time he's there, makes it like a free loan.  
    True enough. Barca/Real do seem to like a buy back, but unlike with players like Morata this one seems more like he'll definitely go back (as long as he progresses ok) than he might go back. Just my gut, but seems to be Utd's thinking. Given they have Williams who they could loan out for a year or two I'm in agreement with you that it wouldn't have put me off.
  • Options
    Williams is basically a right back though so better they sign a left back given Shaw is injury prone, and use Williams as competition for Wan Bissaka.

Maybe they have an alternative option, though judging by the Sancho non-move, perhaps they aren't that canny.