Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Ethan Ampadu on loan from Chelsea

Their Strikeforce is a bit meh like ours with Bartlett | Johansson | Euell but if it does a job (or if they can sign a decent Striker) they'll be back up there again next season
    They should look at Wilson from Bournemouth
    Just gone to Newcastle
    2 great signings for them today, Wilson and Fraser.
    Weirdly un-Newcastle like solid, sensible signings.

They normally only do those sort of signings in the odd year they do in the Championship.
    Wilson, Fraser, Jamal Lewis and Jeff Hendrick, it definitely seems like a change in policy, going for established British and Irish players, rather than riskier imports
    3 of those got relegated though! Buying lower end calibre English players? This is a question and not a statement, I don’t follow the premier league anymore! 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Their Strikeforce is a bit meh like ours with Bartlett | Johansson | Euell but if it does a job (or if they can sign a decent Striker) they'll be back up there again next season
    Just gone to Newcastle

They normally only do those sort of signings in the odd year they do in the Championship.
    Wilson, Fraser, Jamal Lewis and Jeff Hendrick, it definitely seems like a change in policy, going for established British and Irish players, rather than riskier imports
    3 of those got relegated though! Buying lower end calibre English players? This is a question and not a statement, I don’t follow the premier league anymore! 
    That's what your money buys you. For similar money you can
    a) buy a lower PL player, especially one who's team has just been relegated
    b) buy a Championship player from a good club which didn't go up (like Brentford)
    c) take a punt on a foreign player with no British experience, who might be brilliant, or might struggle to adapt
  • Options
    Isn’t filling your team with relegated players a bit like filling the team with the last kids to get picked?
  • Options
    Considering it was only 18 months ago Callum Wilson was being discussed to go to Chelsea for around 40-50mil. He really hasn’t been the same since then.

If Newcastle can get him going and create chances, which with Fraser, Almiron, and Saint-Maximin they should do, he could do well up there.
  • Options
    Isn’t filling your team with relegated players a bit like filling the team with the last kids to get picked?
    Don't think it's fair to say a player isn't good enough just because they got relegated. If you were to pick a squad from Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford I'm pretty sure it would stay up. All those teams have at least 2-3 players who will come back to the Prem. Liverpool were linked with at least 2 Norwich players, Ake has gone City and Doucoure has joined Everton for big bucks. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Not necessarily. JBG was in a Charlton team that got relegated from the Championship but was good enough to play in the Premier League for Burnley just as one example.
  • Options
    We sold Bent when relegated and he went on to do OK. I think Bournemouth will be very average this season in the Championship 
  • Options
    Not seen this anywhere

Tyreece John-Jules: Arsenal youngster joins Doncaster Rovers on loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54079042

presumably the one that got away last week
  • Options
    Not seen this anywhere

Tyreece John-Jules: Arsenal youngster joins Doncaster Rovers on loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54079042

presumably the one that got away last week
    Yeah he was, Cawley has just confirmed
  • Options
    We sold Bent when relegated and he went on to do OK. I think Bournemouth will be very average this season in the Championship 
    Did ok really? Sandra could have scored that header!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't forget Bournemouth will get millions in parachute payments in the Championship
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Just gone to Newcastle

Relegated teams can have decent players!

Andy Robertson, Wijnaldum etc recently, and as an example closer to home we went down with Mills, Rufus, Kinsella etc who all proved themselves good top flight players later on.

Hreidarsson got relegated 4 times or something and he was very decent.
  • Options
    Ollie Watkins to Aston Villa has been completed
  • Options
    Good news for Exeter who have a nice sell on fee incoming apparently.
  • Options
    15% sell on according to one Devon news outlet... So about £3.2m coming their way

Going to be huge for them, not just in the market but dealing with no fans
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Just gone to Newcastle

Andy Robertson, Wijnaldum etc recently, and as an example closer to home we went down with Mills, Rufus, Kinsella etc who all proved themselves good top flight players later on.

Herman actually got relegated 5 times from the Prem us, Palace, Wimbledon, Ipswich and Pompey.

He even played on loan for Coventry in theid. Relegation season from the Championship. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    sam3110 said:

Just gone to Newcastle

Herman actually got relegated 5 times from the Prem us, Palace, Wimbledon, Ipswich and Pompey.

He even played on loan for Coventry in theid. Relegation season from the Championship. 
    Hence his nickname Lucky Herman. 😁
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cardiff City have terminated winger Nathan Mendez-Laing's contract with immediate effect.
    The club has not explained the reasons behind the decision but BBC Sport Wales has learned it is for an alleged breach of contract.

Got to be something serious for a club to do that
  • Options
    Scott Fraser has joined MKD. 

I thought he might have been worth bringing in. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Scott Fraser has joined MKD. 

I thought he might have been worth bringing in. 
    Yeah I'm surprised he's ended up there... Worries me he's one thats given up on us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cardiff City have terminated winger Nathan Mendez-Laing's contract with immediate effect.
    The club has not explained the reasons behind the decision but BBC Sport Wales has learned it is for an alleged breach of contract.

Rumoured, and I can't emphasise that enough at this stage, that he's failed a drugs test and also been caught/arrested for dealing drugs. Court case to follow.

A-L-L-E-G-E-D-L-Y
  • Options
    15% sell on according to one Devon news outlet... So about £3.2m coming their way

Going to be huge for them, not just in the market but dealing with no fans
    That should be enough to cover Lewis Page’s medical bills. 
  • Options
    Josh Umerah has left Ebbsfleet and has joined Torquay back in the National League
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Rumoured, and I can't emphasise that enough at this stage, that he's failed a drugs test and also been caught/arrested for dealing drugs. Court case to follow.

A-L-L-E-G-E-D-L-Y

Christ. So, more transgressions than I first alluded to? Sounds like a complete wrong un.

I'm just thankful that I don't use Twitter, nor have any inclination to get involved in such a cesspit of utter shithousery.
  • Options

A-L-L-E-G-E-D-L-Y

Bit worried about that... How old is Neil Harris' wife? You can take a boy out of Millwall... 
  • Options
    Nathan Byrne (Derby) is the latest to leave Wigan, am glad that he's got a decent move!!

Sam Morsy too looks to be following him out, Middlesbrough want him
  • Options

A-L-L-E-G-E-D-L-Y

Christ. So, more transgressions than I first alluded to? Sounds like a complete wrong un.

I'm just thankful that I don't use Twitter, nor have any inclination to get involved in such a cesspit of utter shithousery.
    Yet you go to the Den?  ;)
  • Options
    Nathan Byrne (Derby) is the latest to leave Wigan, am glad that he's got a decent move!!

Sam Morsy too looks to be following him out, Middlesbrough want him
    Quite an upturn in Byrne's career considering he was loaned to us in L1 as Wigan didn't feel he was up to the Championship!