Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:
    bellz2002 said:
    Ivan Toney has moved to Brentford. Good news for us and other clubs in League 1.

Good signing for Brentford and suits the way they play. Surely means Watkins will leave now?

Shows how they were in for Taylor before, could’ve signed him for free this summer but chose to swerve him and pay up to £10mil instead for Toney. Maybe his attitude played a big part in that decision from Brentford. 
    Brentford have an eye for selling players on and Toney could be a big earner for them.
    They have but they have been successful buying players for 3-4 mil who then go on for at least double. This is a bigger risk, 10mil for a player who has scored a lot of goals but only at League 1 level is a lot of money. 
  • Options
    I guess they  an speculate a bit more given the likely fees for Watkins and Benrahma.

Toney is young too. 
  • Options
    I guess they  an speculate a bit more given the likely fees for Watkins and Benrahma.

Toney is young too. 
    Absolutely, and I don't think it's bad business as I think he'll score at this level. It is slightly different to their usual business but if they want to compete at the top end they have to spend when they're going to lose players like the two you mention. 
  • Options
    Yep - I've not seen enough of him to know whether he's worth it but I can see why they are spending a bit more.
  • Options
    Rakitic has left Barca and gone back to Sevilla for an initial fee of 1.5m plus add ons that could take it up to 10m.
  • Options
    Grant must like blue and white stripes.
  • Options
    Huddersfield have rejected a £12m bid according to their version of Rich Cawley

Guess they're holding out for the £15-£16m that got quoted at the end of the season
  • Options
    Huddersfield have rejected a £12m bid according to their version of Rich Cawley

Guess they're holding out for the £15-£16m that got quoted at the end of the season
    What % sell on do we have?

Could be lovely for TS. Buys the club from Nimer this week then gets the money back next week.
  • Options
    Even if its 10% that'll be £1.5m for him...

Wont be surprised if Roland has a clause in the deal that means he gets it though!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shane Duffy .. from Brighton to Celtic on loan .. bit of a coup for Celtic
  • Options

Wont be surprised if Roland has a clause in the deal that means he gets it though!!
    Believe it’s closer to or at 20%
  • Options

It gets divided up between Roland, Driesen, Southall, Nimer, Farnell, Elliott, El Kashashy and Lyle Taylor
  • Options
    Aaron Mooy moves from Brighton to Shanghai .. he'll be missed
  • Options
    Matty Cash from Forest to Villa.

Wonder if the snake will mentioned Matthews to the hierarchy, he certainly wouldn’t look out his depth there.
  • Options

Wonder if the snake will mentioned Matthews to the hierarchy, he certainly wouldn’t look out his depth there.
    Matty Cash is a Left-Back isnt he? 
  • Options

No, Right-Back/Wing-Back. 
  • Options
    Blackpool have signed West Ham midfielder Daniel Kemp on loan.

No idea if he's any good or the sort of player we might have been interested in. We don't especially need midfielders anyway
  • Options
    What did we sell Karlan Grant for?
    Think it was around £2.5 miln.

We might have received some add ons already as he played and scored for Hudds in the prem. So say total £3 miln.

If he's sold for £16 miln, 20% of £13 miln profit is a whopping £2.6 miln.

RD, Nimer, Southall, Elliotttt, Farnell, uncle Tom Cobley will be lining up for a pay day.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Curtis Anderson, that ex-Man City Goalkeeper (youngster) who was briefly with us has signed for Wycombe on a one year deal

He was playing in the United States
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackpool have signed West Ham midfielder Daniel Kemp on loan.

No idea if he's any good or the sort of player we might have been interested in. We don't especially need midfielders anyway
    Local lad, Sidcup born. Think he's played for England schoolboys.
  • Options

No, Right-Back/Wing-Back. 
    Matthews to Forest then i'd say. They could do alot worse
  • Options
    Really have to hope TS can buy us Weds next week and Grant and Pope are sold on the Thursday.  In theory at the upper end of their ranges quoted in the press we could get £13M for the pair.  Add £1M for Dillon and despite the embargo that could go a long way to the academy redevelopment...or a Championship war chest.
  • Options
    Really have to hope TS can buy us Weds next week and Grant and Pope are sold on the Thursday.  In theory at the upper end of their ranges quoted in the press we could get £13M for the pair.  Add £1M for Dillon and despite the embargo that could go a long way to the academy redevelopment...or a Championship war chest.
    1) i doubt well end up with that much considering the previous ownership
    2) If we was given that money we will still have a transfer embargo so irrelevant i asssume
    3)Non CAFC rumours? 
  • Options
    2) If we was given that money we will still have a transfer embargo so irrelevant i asssume
    3)Non CAFC rumours? 
    1) dunno what Pope is but heard Grant is 20% so that will be £3 so it probably will be closer to £5M for the pair

2)if TS has already been approved no reason why he cant have already started the process at his own expense a few weeks ago, then the second he takes over the embargo could be lifted.

3)Pope and Grant are not cafc players so guessing thats why they put it on the non cafc runours thread
  • Options
    Agree in principle mate but there would be provisions in a sale price for any likeliness for these transfers.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wigan have now signed as many players as us lol

They have signed 2 players today

Dan Gardner
    Viv Solomon-Otabor
  • Options
    Omar Beckles has joined Crewe. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    3)Non CAFC rumours? 
    1) dunno what Pope is but heard Grant is 20% so that will be £3 so it probably will be closer to £5M for the pair

2)if TS has already been approved no reason why he cant have already started the process at his own expense a few weeks ago, then the second he takes over the embargo could be lifted.

3)Pope and Grant are not cafc players so guessing thats why they put it on the non cafc runours thread
    As far as I know Pope’s is actually a hefty %, more than 20%. But that’s not for certain, it’s just something I recollect from before. Even if we were to get £8mil of a sell on for the pair, that’s fantastic and goes a long way in the budget for this season. 

Sandgaard has started the process and submitted different forms of paperwork. Hopefully the fact he is transferring money into the new account in England means that he essentially at the source and sufficiency of funds stage should they ask. The transfer of funds to show he has enough for this season and next season is promising. He will be able to provide the documents and statements very easily. Freshfields may already have those ready to go.
    His tweet earlier about the proof of funds going to the EFL hopefully that means when he takes over the embargo can be lifted