Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Chelsea have apparently agreed a transfer with Bayer Leverkusen for Kai Havertz

Can probably add Chilwell and Thiago Silva to their squad as well

Going to be a big season for Frank Lampard thats for sure, no excuses for him this year
  • Options
    Notice too that Blackburn are set to sign some Goalkeeper from Gent

Hopefully a bit of good news for us as they were a team apparently interested in Dillon Phillips

I say apparently as it was only Alan Nixon I heard say about that one
  • Options

Going to be a big season for Frank Lampard thats for sure, no excuses for him this year
    With an outlay of over 200m he'll surely have to win a cup and go far in the champions league or he'll be under pressure. Don't see them getting that close to the top 2 in the league though.
  • Options

With an outlay of over 200m he'll surely have to win a cup and go far in the champions league or he'll be under pressure. Don't see them getting that close to the top 2 in the league though.
    I think he's got the potential to be a good/decent manager. But Chelsea was a step too far, too soon.
  • Options
    Still not convinced by Chelsea at the back. Thiago Silva has plenty of experience but is 35. Should be exciting going forward but their defence will let them down. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I think he's got the potential to be a good/decent manager. But Chelsea was a step too far, too soon.
    He still did well, a cup final and 4th in the league when under a transfer ban.

The thing that makes me laugh though is he was lauded for 'giving youth a chance' and playing English youngsters............when he had no choice due to the ban. Now he has a choice, he's spent big on foreigners and the English kids probably won't get much of a look in.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

The thing that makes me laugh though is he was lauded for 'giving youth a chance' and playing English youngsters............when he had no choice due to the ban. Now he has a choice, he's spent big on foreigners and the English kids probably won't get much of a look in.
    Could always throw us that lad who did well at Swansea in the second half of last season?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Could always throw us that lad who did well at Swansea in the second half of last season?
    And then take him back in January and loan him elsewhere no doubt
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Morata only permanently left Chelsea this summer for Atletico (£50m), as he had been on loan there for 18 months
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday have all met the £1M asking price set by West Brom for Leko

£1M for Leko 

If we had a decent owner and were a championship team that could be us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yaya Sanogo looks set to join Middlesbrough 

Guess they're eager for another relegation battle!! 
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Morata only permanently left Chelsea this summer for Atletico (£50m), as he had been on loan there for 18 months
    Chelsea do seem to sell well (well, recently anyway, Salah and De Bruyne not so much), big fees for Morata and Costa for example.
  • Options
    Still not convinced by Chelsea at the back. Thiago Silva has plenty of experience but is 35. Should be exciting going forward but their defence will let them down. 
    they want him because he will bring organisation and experience to a young defence .. presumably he's going on a free although he'll be on silly money .. 2 seasons to bring some stability even at 34/35 is reasonable .. central defence is the one position where age is not so much of an issue, it's not as if he'll be sprinting up and down the wing or making attacking runs in the box .. IF he goes, he'll be a decent signing for the short term
  • Options
    Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday have all met the £1M asking price set by West Brom for Leko

£1M for Leko 

If we had a decent owner and were a championship team that could be us
    Cheating scum shouldnt be allowed to sign anyone
  • Options
    they want him because he will bring organisation and experience to a young defence .. presumably he's going on a free although he'll be on silly money .. 2 seasons to bring some stability even at 34/35 is reasonable .. central defence is the one position where age is not so much of an issue, it's not as if he'll be sprinting up and down the wing or making attacking runs in the box .. IF he goes, he'll be a decent signing for the short term
    He's 36 next month but is only signing a one year deal.

Chelsea are seemingly focusing on attacking positions this summer so like you say he'll just be a stop gap and provide experience until the other centre backs get better or they buy a centre back next year.
  • Options
    Yeah I think they are hoping he'll pass some of his experience and know-how onto Tomori, Zouma, Christensen etc.
  • Options
    Chelsea do seem to sell well (well, recently anyway, Salah and De Bruyne not so much), big fees for Morata and Costa for example.
    It seems that when you bring a highly rated player in from another country and they flop in England, you can still recoup most of your money as the assumption is that the player just isn't suited to English football, but fine back in their home country
  • Options
    Don’t think the defence is that young. Rumours Tomori will leave and Christensen and Zouma have plenty of experience for their age. 

Also not sure they’ll get 2 seasons off him, he’s not 34/35, he’s 35 and 36 in a few weeks. Personally think he’s past it and they’ll struggle unless they invest in another CB. Especially with Kepa in goal too. 
  • Options
    Leeds have apparently agreed a deal of around 30m with Valencia for striker Rodrigo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems Everton are close to signing to agreeing a deal for James Rodriguez
  • Options
    Eberechi Eze going to Palace by all accounts, unfortunately a good signing I think.
  • Options
     Another piece of good business by Chelsea. 
  • Options
    Leeds have apparently agreed a deal of around 30m with Valencia for striker Rodrigo.
    £30m for a 1 in 4 striker who has been at a club bigger than most is a bit of a gamble.

Valencia are flogging everybody, haven’t their fans posted support of our situation?
  • Options
    Eberechi Eze going to Palace by all accounts, unfortunately a good signing I think.
    Hopefully he becomes another Championship player who cant make the step up in that case

Its nothing personal Ebe, its just the club your joining
  • Options
    £20M for a player who scored 14 goals in 46 games last season, so 1 decent season in the championship 

Bonne scored 11 in 33

Will all depend how he adjusts to life in the prem, but I think its certain to work out.

So many players score goals in the championship with ease but struggle with the step up
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    £20M for a player who scored 14 goals in 46 games last season, so 1 decent season in the championship 

Bonne scored 11 in 33

Will all depend how he adjusts to life in the prem, but I think its certain to work out.

So many players score goals in the championship with ease but struggle with the step up
    They do.  I rate Eze though.
  • Options
    £30m for a 1 in 4 striker who has been at a club bigger than most is a bit of a gamble.

Valencia are flogging everybody, haven’t their fans posted support of our situation?
    They always have been a bit of a selling club. 
  • Options
    Shame, thought eze looked fantastic