Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe some of the clubs here will realise that they have some good young players that just need an opportunity.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    iaitch said:
    Maybe some of the clubs here will realise that they have some good young players that just need an opportunity.
    Yeah I'm enjoying this in a way - Clubs cant be allowed to keep stockpiling

Chelsea got dealt the blow with Lamperty who refused their offer and moved to Brigton earning eight appearances before the end of the season

Man Utd have now lost Angel Gomes to Lille (Boavista on loan) for the same reasons

Long may it continue
  • Options
    Greg Doherty has signed for Hull City who have been rather active this summer
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53853586

Antonee Robinson is the latest top leave Wigan, off to Fulham
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53853586

Antonee Robinson is the latest top leave Wigan, off to Fulham
    Not really anyone's fault but doubly harsh on Wigan seeing he almost went to AC Milan for £10m
  • Options
    very good signing .. saw him playing for Shrewsbury, he looked to be a good champ level midfielder .. would have done us nicely
  • Options
    very good signing .. saw him playing for Shrewsbury, he looked to be a good champ level midfielder .. would have done us nicely
    Was a target for us this summer.

This embargo is really hurting us. 
  • Options
    Harry Maguire has been transferred to a Greek prison.
    He might be there long enough to get a testimonial. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    David Marshall the latest to leave Wigan, he's joined Wayne Rooney's Derby County
  • Options
    Harry Maguire has been transferred to a Greek prison.
    You taking the Mykonos?
  • Options
    Borussia Dortmund have signed 18 year old Brazilian attacking midfielder Reinier on a 2 year loan from Real madrid. 

He was impressing for Flamengo at 17 and cost Madrid €30m so it's a great signing for Dortmund.

They now have Sancho, Haaland, Bellingham, Reyna, Reinier and Moukoko all under the age of 20.
  • Options
    Borussia Dortmund have signed 18 year old Brazilian attacking midfielder Reinier on a 2 year loan from Real madrid. 

He was impressing for Flamengo at 17 and cost Madrid €30m so it's a great signing for Dortmund.

They now have Sancho, Haaland, Bellingham, Reyna, Reinier and Moukoko all under the age of 20.
    Well TBH that just makes them GREEDY !!! lol
  • Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    David Marshall the latest to leave Wigan, he's joined Wayne Rooney's Derby County
    Are Wigan going to have any players left at this rate? Do they even have anyone since Paul Cook left?

I know they’re in a very serious position, but if it carries on for much longer, they could be in real danger of going down again.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Are Wigan going to have any players left at this rate? Do they even have anyone since Paul Cook left?

I know they’re in a very serious position, but if it carries on for much longer, they could be in real danger of going down again.
    This is all they've got left!!... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigan_Athletic_F.C.#Players

Definitely going to be doing a Bolton at the moment, just relieved for them they wont have 12-pts to make up

Means they stand a chance if they can avoid being cut adrift before January and get sorted before then at the latest
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Fantastic place for young talent to go and learn and develop. They’ll get opportunities and be coached by impressive coaches and surrounded by talented players. Would always encourage more of our English young players to go to somewhere like Dortmund for a few years if they got the chance.

It’s not worked out for Lookman at Leipzig, but his confidence has been hit so badly. If he went to somewhere like Dortmund before Everton, it might be a different story now. The boy has real talent, he just seems to need someone to put their arm around him and remind him how good he is. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

This is all they've got left!!... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigan_Athletic_F.C.#Players

Definitely going to be doing a Bolton at the moment, just relieved for them they wont have 12-pts to make up

Means they stand a chance if they can avoid being cut adrift before January and get sorted before then at the latest
    Isn’t Jamal Lowe on the move as well?

If only we were in a position to sign players ourselves, would love Nathan Byrne back. He has improved massively since he was here and him and hopefully Matthews, would be the best two full backs in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Just seen Swansea have offered £500k for Lowe when Wigan paid £2mil to Portsmouth last summer.

They still owe them £750k from that transfer. 

Swansea offering that amount is taking the piss! 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

If only we were in a position to sign players ourselves, would love Nathan Byrne back. He has improved massively since he was here and him and hopefully Matthews, would be the best two full backs in the league.
    Do we really need the best two full backs in the league when one of them would be sitting out every week, waste in my opinion. Given the budget restrictions I’d be very happy with Matthews and then Deji and Sarpong providing the cover. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Yeah I was going to mention Nathan Byrne when I posted as would love him back, even if we were to play a flat 4-4-2 with him in Midfield ahead of Matthews!!

Didnt really want to say in my original post as felt a bit like picking over a carcass

Trouble is I mention them doing a Bolton but they're even losing their kids to Premier League teams!!
  • Options
    They've lost some serious talent, whether decent Championship players or top prospects

• Options
    Always thought that Sam Morsy was a good player and would be a good signing for us.
  • Options
    They've lost some serious talent, whether decent Championship players or top prospects

Spurs also only paying 500k for Wigan’s apparently best youth. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Just seen Swansea have offered £500k for Lowe when Wigan paid £2mil to Portsmouth last summer.

Pathetically selfish from Swansea to offer such a low amount to Wigan at this moment.
    I imagine Wigan's administrators will be hoping someone else tops that bid.

Eye opening that they still have £750k to pay though
  • Options
    Sage said:

Pathetically selfish from Swansea to offer such a low amount to Wigan at this moment.

I was wondering if the 750k was add-ons earned from last season, rather than part of the original fee. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

I was wondering if the 750k was add-ons earned from last season, rather than part of the original fee. 
    Nope, part of the original fee. He signed a 3 year deal last summer. That alone knowing he has another 2 years left and a fee outstanding of greater than the amount Swansea offered makes it all the more piss taking.