Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020

Arsenal sign Willian on a free transfer, rumoured to be paying him £220k p/w wages.

He now joins David Luiz and Cech as another entry to the Chelsea retirement home.

If they had paid him just 200k pw they could have saved the jobs of most of the 65 staff they laid off. Football is fucked.
    It's a disgrace and sickening. Can afford to pay him 220k a week but can't afford to pay someone who probably makes 7 or 800 quid a week 
  • Options
    Seems the 220k is a big exaggeration. It's apparently half that but he can earn more with bonuses.
  • Options
    Lyall, break a leg 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Lyall, break a leg 
    That reminds me, what happened to John lyall 

edit, does in 2006 if anyone cares
  • Options
    Sheffield Utd agree 18.5m fee with Bournemouth for keeper Ramsdale. What does that make Pope worth? At least 30m in my opinion.
  • Options
    Sheffield Utd agree 18.5m fee with Bournemouth for keeper Ramsdale. What does that make Pope worth? At least 30m in my opinion.
    What will happen to Henderson now?

A surprising amount of speculation around keepers at the moment, with United needing to decide on De Gea or Henderson, and Chelsea needed a new keeper as well
  • Options
    United facing a dilemma but I’d imagine Sheff Utd been told no chance on Henderson. I reckon De Gea could be off, PSG be my guess. 
  • Options
    Does the Willan to Arsenal mean that Zara definitely won't be going there? 
  • Options
    Sky are reporting that it's Henderson's choice and he wants to stay and battle De Gea for the number 1.

Realistically though, United need to make a decision. Henderson has 2 years left on his contract, De Gea has 3, and neither are going to want to be a sub for very long.

For me United should cash in on De Gea, and keep Henderson as he's younger and English and could end up the England keeper for the next decade if he does well.
  • Options
    Sky are reporting that it's Henderson's choice and he wants to stay and battle De Gea for the number 1.

Realistically though, United need to make a decision. Henderson has 2 years left on his contract, De Gea has 3, and neither are going to want to be a sub for very long.

For me United should cash in on De Gea, and keep Henderson as he's younger and English and could end up the England keeper for the next decade if he does well.
    Henderson has probably seen De Geas form and believes he can win the battle. It does make sense for Utd to see if Henderson is good enough before offloading De Gea. Problem being if the latter loses the battle his value will just keep decreasing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem United have is selling De Gea, who's been very poor recently and is on big wages.
  • Options
    Couple of League one transfers

Hull have sold Angus MacDonald to Rotherham 

Oxford have signed Marcus McGuane on loan from Forest
  • Options
    Sheff Utd sold him to Bournemouth for £1m 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Couple of League one transfers

Hull have sold Angus MacDonald to Rotherham 

Oxford have signed Marcus McGuane on loan from Forest
    Forest raising funds to pay for Taylor's life changing salary
  • Options

Not exactly the same scenario, but it slightly reminds me of the conundrum Leicester City faced in the 60s, where they ended up selling Gordon Banks in 1967 to clear the way for Peter Shilton
  • Options
    Sheff Utd sold him to Bournemouth for £1m 2 years ago.
    If they had a sell on clause, would that apply yo themselves? Making 18m more like 10m? Would make sense
  • Options

Not exactly the same scenario, but it slightly reminds me of the conundrum Leicester City faced in the 60s, where they ended up selling Gordon Banks in 1967 to clear the way for Peter Shilton
    Way before my time that!

Recent similar scenario was when Chelsea had the much younger Courtois returning from loan and needed to decide between him and Cech. 
  • Options
    A lot of reports about that Liverpool are on the verge of agreeing a deal for Thiago from Bayern. Immense signing if they get him.

A team that doesn't need much improving signing him is a big move.
  • Options
    You can't stand still, teams have to constantly update the squad.
  • Options
    A lot of reports about that Liverpool are on the verge of agreeing a deal for Thiago from Bayern. Immense signing if they get him.

A team that doesn't need much improving signing him is a big move.
    Their midfield is the weakest part and he offers something different for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    He's a fantastic player, would be a very good signing for Liverpool even at 29.

Remember Moyes turned down the chance to sign him back in 2013 as he thought Fellaini was a better bet.
  • Options

Way before my time that!

Recent similar scenario was when Chelsea had the much younger Courtois returning from loan and needed to decide between him and Cech. 
    Before my time too!

Only became aware after watching a tribute documentary about Banks, as from a modern perspective it seems amazing that Leicester chose to sell him a year after WC 66 (and 3 years before the Pele save)...and that he then went to Stoke, rather than one of the top sides

But yes the Cech/Courtois situation is similar
  • Options
    Daily Mail are claiming that Jadon Sancho has agreed a five year deal with Man Utd (£340k p/w)

Now its up to Man Utd and Dortmund to talk fees
    said on talksport this morning that a £108m fee had been agreed with Utd paying half up-front and the rest in instalments.
    To think that they could be two CAFC's for the money they might have to pay for Sancho - and his wage alone would dwarf our total staffing costs!
  • Options
    Joe Hart to Spurs looks likely. 3rd choice to replace Vorm and another for the 'home grown' restriction.
  • Options
    Joe Hart to Spurs looks likely. 3rd choice to replace Vorm and another for the 'home grown' restriction.
    Sad that at the age of 33 he's gone down the "home grown 3rd keeper who never plays" route. Surely too young for that
  • Options
    Sad that at the age of 33 he's gone down the "home grown 3rd keeper who never plays" route. Surely too young for that
    But he's crap compared to 4-5 years ago, his choice is 3rd choice to fulfill squad registration rules or first choice for Rotherham/Coventry etc.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    But he's crap compared to 4-5 years ago, his choice is 3rd choice to fulfill squad registration rules or first choice for Rotherham/Coventry etc.
    And Championship clubs won't pay the 30k a week he was asking for.
  • Options
    Ivan Toney to Brentford for 10M
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Ivan Toney to Brentford for 10M
    How much does this make Bonne worth, I'd say a similar amount especially as he has 1 more year on his contract
  • Options
    reportedly he is on £50,000 a week at Burnley, about £2,600,000 a year .. another example of prem wages being totally out of kilter with reality .. football, the working man's game lol