Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    Ivan Toney to Brentford for 10M
    A lot of money for a striker who's spent 5 years in league one and has less than a year left on his contract, however Brentford rarely get it wrong.

Konsa - bought for 2-3m, sold for 12m.
    Maupay - bought for 1.6m sold 2 years later for 20m.
    Watkins - bought for 1.8m, will surely go for about 20m as well
    Benrahma - bought for 2.5m, will go for 20m+

Less than 9m spent, over 70m recouped.

If Roland had a brain and had trusted someone like Gallen instead of Driesen he'd have potentially recouped all his losses in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Kyle Dempsey to Gillingham .. their 8th signing during this window
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    How much does this make Bonne worth, I'd say a similar amount especially as he has 1 more year on his contract
    Think Bonne would need another good scoring season in league football to be worth near that  not non league but actual league football 

Both 24

Toney
    17/18-12 goals in 40 games in League 1(over 2 loan spells)

18/19- 16 goals in 44 games in League 1

19/20- 24 goals in 32 games in League 1

Thats at least 20 goals a season over 3 seasons and an improvement each year as well.

Bonne
    19/20 11 goals in 33 games in the Championship 

Now whilst I agree thats brilliant for his first year, clubs would look at it and wonder if its a 1 off or if he has bought his non league form into league footbal but no way would they pay £10M for him

If he has a good league 1 season next year and gets say 17+ then I would agree with you
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    That will piss off Lyle Taylor a bit , I should think. All that signing on fee ............................ ahhh

such a shame .........................

............................... NOT !!!
  • Options
    Kyle Dempsey to Gillingham .. their 8th signing during this window
    Damn thats a good signing if his injuries are behind him
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Second highest league one transfer ever I presume, second only to Lookman (although both are a lower amount up front with add-ons)
  • Options
    Toney deal.has fallen through as he is holding out for the Premier League
  • Options
    MacAnthony is going to be fuming if no premier league club comes in for him and Toney decides to see out the last year of his contract.
  • Options
    Southall turned his head last January, and he's now desperately waiting for his dream move to The Valley
  • Options
    Dunkley has left Wigan on a free and signed for Sheffield Wednesday of all teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Dunkley has left Wigan on a free and signed for Sheffield Wednesday of all teams.
    And there we go. Fucked up football.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Really rate Dunkley as a player.

Gone down in my estimations now, shame.
  • Options
    I was reading earlier on the BBC website that Messi has said he wants to leave Barca and City rumoured to be talking to him. What do you think he would cost at 33 ?
  • Options
    PSG interested in signing Zaha according to SSN
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I was reading earlier on the BBC website that Messi has said he wants to leave Barca and City rumoured to be talking to him. What do you think he would cost at 33 ?
    100 million and worth every penny 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53811853

Swansea have bid for Jamal Lowe

Swansea have little money to play with in the transfer market, but hope Wigan's financial problems could see them secure a cut-price deal.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    100 million and worth every penny 
    Absolutely - they will recoup a lot of that on shirt sales and all the other bits and pieces. Wages certainly won’t be a problem. 
  • Options
    David Silva has gone to Real Sociedad

Fantastic signing for them
  • Options

Yeah that is big. 

Their kit is fucking terrible though. 
  • Options
    You know that picture is the Man City kit with a “swipe” of their kit over the top? Which a lot of teams do lately just to illustrate the signing.

It’s not actually a sky blue bottom half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes very good, all signs pointed he was going back to Spain when he was done with City. But strangely Lazio were favourites to sign him over the past couple of weeks. 

• Options
    You know that picture is the Man City kit with a “swipe” of their kit over the top? Which a lot of teams do lately just to illustrate the signing.

It’s not actually a sky blue bottom half.
    I really hope that Jac comes online later and Whooshes you

I didnt want to point it out myself to him in fear of receiving the same
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53834819

Brentford sign Northampton centre back and captain Charlie Goode. With their scouting record it'll be interesting to see how he goes
  • Options

Brentford sign Northampton centre back and captain Charlie Goode. With their scouting record it'll be interesting to see how he goes
    Werent we linked with him once... His name sounds familiar 
  • Options

Werent we linked with him once... His name sounds familiar 
    Think that's his uncle Andy Goode. He's going to take the goal kicks because Dillon Phillips distribution is so poor. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53846502

Another player (Joe Williams) leaves Wigan, their team is being decimated
  • Options
    The prey picking the carcass clean.
  • Options
    Sorry that should be the predator picking the carcass clean.
  • Options
    Danny Loader (another one of the U17 World Cup team) has signed for FC Porto after leaving Reading on a free meaning they wont get anything for him

Foreign clubs really are starting to scout our youth teams arent they!!