Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Redhenry said:
    Not explaining myself anymore, this place is full of know alls
    Nobody's even said anything
    read post above
  • Options
    dud:
    NOUN
    1. a person or thing that proves ineffectual or a failure

ADJECTIVE
    failing in its purpose or function

Yeah I know derailing the thread but hey ho, didn't want to give out a dud statement earlier.

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    sounds like the striker wouldn't take a large pay cut and they are looking elsewhere. 
    Shame, I had hoped he’d be a good player. Think he should take the contract personally, in today’s market.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Redhenry said:
    sounds like the striker wouldn't take a large pay cut and they are looking elsewhere. 
    Shame, I had hoped he’d be a good player. Think he should take the contract personally, in today’s market.
    Be interesting if the player comes back to us. Be interested to know how any player that isn't earning is taking a pay cut? £2k a week is better then £0k a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Are we still looking for a striker, or are we now looking at a player in a different area of the pitch which would match up with Bowyers earlier comments?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Be interesting if the player comes back to us. Be interested to know how any player that isn't earning is taking a pay cut? £2k a week is better then £0k a week.
    Yeah spot on. For example, up until January alone there roughly 10 weeks so that’s 20k to be made rather than holding out for the 7k per week. 
  • Options
    @Redhenry postings are massively in credit. 
    Agree 100%
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Keep posting mate. 
    The vast majority enjoy your posts and that table thing Dazzler did was supposed to be funny.
    Supposed to be, being the key. :\
  • Options
    Impressive from Shrewsbury, they've signed Charlie Daniels (ex-Bournemouth defender)
    I thought he was off to Georgia.....
    I thought you were done with this
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Defies logic in my mind too!  Some footballers really are a special breed! 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Yeah spot on. For example, up until January alone there roughly 10 weeks so that’s 20k to be made rather than holding out for the 7k per week. 

What might make Enobakhare different though is him cancelling a contract twice before. Pretty brave of a young player who hasn't had much game time. He's either very sure of his ability/ agent. Or maybe doesn't see football as too big a deal in life? 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Taking into account Covid and the fact he probs won’t get a champ move, it’s pretty risky turning down offers plus we would put him in the shop window if he did well!!

Sounds like we’ve moved on if Bowyer has said we are looking at another position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any player refusing to sign due to having to take a pay cut
    need to wake up and smell the coffee, this is the way it is
    at the moment if you want to play the game.
    Whereas they managed to get a contract previously by whatever
    means available before, now in a totally different environment
    they will not get because the game is in a difficult phase, and clubs are
    working under strict rules, and can't offer the same anymore.
    So, do you want to play or not, let's hope we get the right players
    in with the right mindset

• Options
    edited October 2020

• Options

You’re a phantom and I can’t see your post ... woooooh
  • Options

I agree, and before anyone feels sorry for some of the footballers for having to accept pay cuts or not play, I think we can all think about the people up and down the country being made redundant at the minute first. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Don't get to despondent, depressed or upset Redhenry.
    You've been posting on here long enough to know the score.
    Chinese whispers.
    Someone see's Lionel Messi on the platform at London Bridge and the next thing is he's signing for us.  
    Then someone hates him and would prefer Harry Kane etc,etc.
    Its all a symptom of enduring years of bad, sad news.
    I remember many, many years ago seeing a little bloke on Charing cross station who looked like the European footballer of the year, I think his name was Allan Simmo or some thing like that.
    Nobody believed me of course, why would they? 
    I digress.
    Instead of grasping at straws, we're suddenly faced with options.
    I'm sure L.B. and S.G. are getting regular contacts from agents desperate to find clubs for their out of work footballers. 
    They could be strikers, midfielders, defenders or even goalkeepers.
    Some may even be worthy of signing if they add to the squad and within our pay structure.
    Lots of out of contract footballers out there and more will soon be joining the queue. 
    So cheer up mate and enjoy the ride. 
  • Options

I agree, and before anyone feels sorry for some of the footballers for having to accept pay cuts or not play, I think we can all think about the people up and down the country being made redundant at the minute first. 
    Never a truer word mate, well said
  • Options

Does smelling coffee help with a pay cut, a bit like glue?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Does smelling coffee help with a pay cut, a bit like glue?
    Dunno, but it may help them to Fu*king wake up to reality ;)
  • Options
    Given how late in the window we had to do our business and with the handicap of the wage cap, I don't believe it was ever remotely possible to sign a 20 goal a season striker. Seeing as fairly often there are no 20 goal strikers in league one (there was only one last year), and with the other constraints it's totally unrealistic to expect us to find one, and bemoaning the lack one of want smacks of looking for something to moan about. Might as well go complain that you didn't win the lottery this week and the unicorn you requested to come shit gold on your lawn never arrived.
    If only one 20 goal scorer in league 1 last year no club that hot promoted then had a 20 goal plus scorer.
    This year Cambridge have one on 10 already. His best ever before was 7 or 8 in a year. So spotting them isn't that easy .
    That is pretty much the only way of getting a 20+ goal a season striker in League One, taking a punt on somebody who has never achieved it before and hoping you get lucky. Taylor got 22 in 44 league games for us. He had never scored more than 14 league goals in a season at league one or higher level before that. 
    If someone can score 14 goals for a poor AFC Wimbledon side - in L1 they're not a Peterborough who scores lots of goals, they're strugglers - and had shown that he wasn't a one season wonder -  20 in 42 in L2, 10 in 43 and 14 in 46 in L1 in his previous 3 seasons - it wasn't unreasonable that given better service and better players around him, he'd score more goals. That's what happened with Clive Mendonca when he moved from Grimsby to us

Nothing is guaranteed, but it was more than a punt