Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Just hope it doesnt force some owners into desperately selling their clubs to shady figures like Farnell / El Kashashy
  • Options
    Just hope it doesnt force some owners into desperately selling their clubs to shady figures like Farnell / El Kashashy
    Unfortunately, that's exactly their plan IMHO.

The loan will, hopefully, keep these vultures away until the EPL package kicks in.
  • Options
    A transfer embargo in November is hardly a major handicap. Obviously if nothing has changed by January, then things become a lot trickier

It would be interesting to know what division the sides are in. Indeed why does the EFL keep the identity of such sides confidential anyway, it hardly helped us last January that we were under a secret embargo
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I can't remember if we were ever linked with him, but Duncan Watmore has joined Middlesbrough on a short term contract
  • Options
    I am sure they are devastated lol, if he is that good someone else will come in for him in January, there were rumours a few other teams were looking at him, so just because we pulled out I am sure otherd are still interested 
    But according to Gallen we were looking at him as a "project" , so presumably not going into the first team & therefore we could afford to take that punt. Other clubs might not be able to do that & think that he is too "raw" & want someone for the here & now.
    Just scored against Bromley 
  • Options
    A transfer embargo in November is hardly a major handicap. Obviously if nothing has changed by January, then things become a lot trickier

It would be interesting to know what division the sides are in. Indeed why does the EFL keep the identity of such sides confidential anyway, it hardly helped us last January that we were under a secret embargo
    True, but if you need a loan from the EFL to bail you out in November, i can't see how things are going to be any better come January?

Until fans are allowed back these sides are obviously pretty fucked.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Exactly the sort of quotes a player gives when he's out the door as soon as the transfer window opens again IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Our public interest may well see him sold to a league side. It raised his profile and let it known that Gallen and Bowyer liked him enough to put in an offer. 

When one professional club shows an interest especially a club with a good record like Cafc for spotting youngsters: Aribo at Staines, Pope at Bury St Edmunds and Lookman who was doing the rounds of having trials, then as we made an offer, other scouts will watch Sorba Thomas and decide if he can make the step up.

A college and friend of Ademola Lookman who played in the same team as Lookman at Waterloo when they were lads, has been outstanding for my local team in the 8th tier and is scoring and making assists for fun with his mesmeric feet. Because of the shut down of football from the 7th tier down in November, he has had two games for Hampton and Richmond on loan in the National League South (6th tier) and had a trial for Rochdale in League 1 last week.

A complex character who played 6 games at Colchester when he was 21, two years ago. 
    Interesting to see if he gets another chance to go from Part time to full time pro: As Ryan is 23, it will be difficult in the jungle that is non League football with the thousands of players released from pro academies and older players to get that opportunity. I told him he was an artist(he is) when the ball is at his feet and his ego enjoyed that. 
    To see gentle characters turn into the devil once they cross that white line is something to behold.

I'm convinced that Steve Gallen continues to monitor every player on his vast database. The network of contacts must run into thousands from scouts, managers  coaches and Chairman of non league clubs looking for a pay out for one of their contracted players. The Boreham wood owner may have got the price wrong if Sorba Thomas doesn't continue to impress this season.

A game of bluff in negotiations; from Super stars down to the grass root players who just want to earn some money towards their mortgage. (Buying million pound houses for all siblings and parents don't come into their equation)
  • Options
    Those kits are similar.
  • Options
    Six weeks until Gallen and Bowyer get the chance to strengthen. Who do we think is top of our shopping list and why and do we think we’ll be losing or off loading to shape the squad ? 
  • Options
    Six weeks until Gallen and Bowyer get the chance to strengthen. Who do we think is top of our shopping list and why and do we think we’ll be losing or off loading to shape the squad ? 
    Before his injury I would have said a replacement for Akin Famewo when he’s recalled by Norwich.

Levitt will go back to Manchester United. Always hoping for a pace striker who scores goals but that isn’t happening.

A back up keeper to allow AMB to go on loan, as we are out of all cup competitions. 

• Options
    can someone explain to me how we can strengthen the side when we are already most likely somewhere close to the cap? Sell some players? If so who? 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    can someone explain to me how we can strengthen the side when we are already most likely somewhere close to the cap? Sell some players? If so who? 
    Buy a proper striker, like a poacher. Doesn't necessarily do much else but scores every game. Not knocking our current ones but we do need one who we can pretty much guarantee scores every other. 
    Edit- Danish striker we nearly got deadline day would fit. 

Possibly another Centre Back, i know we have a few options but with Famewo injured we dont really want to put Pratley back there and a busy schedule. 

Midfield seems pretty fine right now, but if there is any additional quality which would take us further , pretty tough but looking at someone who could cut it in the championship. Not needed but always worth looking about right now must be some bargains

Goalkeeper, i am pretty happy with current and back up, we could go for someone so AMB goes on loan but not really fussed either way AMB deserves a spot on the bench 
  • Options
    we can do what Peterborough did with Johnson-Harris, inflate the fee paid so the player gets a cut of that and bring his wages in under the cap by off loading a couple of fringe players.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Someone 21 or under wouldn't come under the cap

And a January signing would only count for 5 or 6 months in the calculations for the financial year, so they could have a higher salary level than someone signed in September

Besides I've no idea where we actually are in terms of the cap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have a little bit left in the cap, and as has already been said we'd only need to offer someone a 5-month or so contract. In the case of Schwartz, if he's been frozen out Midtjylland and we were about to break Gallen's transfer fee, I wonder if a little bit of that fee was going to be used on their leaving present to him. 
  • Options
    Someone 21 or under wouldn't come under the cap

And a January signing would only count for 5 or 6 months in the calculations for the financial year, so they could have a higher salary level than someone signed in September

Besides I've no idea where we actually are in terms of the cap.
    Indeed, the fact that we will be signing them in January means the wriggle room we have makes it slightly easier as it won’t be a full season in terms of the cap.

If we have £150,000 to play with, for example, that’s around 23-26 weeks of wages depending when they sign.

If a player like Oztumer is to leave permanently, it would up that by a little too.

We could probably sign someone like Schwartz on £4,000 a week with the view that we get promoted this season and the wages won’t matter like they do in this league.

Bit of a gamble, but one I am sure they will carefully assess in January depending on where we are in the league. 
  • Options
    Will Doughty be leaving? As far as I am aware he has not signed an extension so it is our last chance to get any sort of fee. Obviously damaged goods so won’t help the situation.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Still think we need a striker. As a pp said, a poacher - a 6 yard box merchant who wont blaze it over the bar like Smyth did at Fleetwood. 

Oh....and sod the wage cap.  TS has lost hundreds of thousands on the Range Rovers & will probably lose in excess if £10m this season. Do you really think he is worried by another few thousand by way if a "punitive" fine by the EFL if we overspend by £200k. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately you can only shift players out that others want. Ideally we need to root out the constant malingerers like Aneke, JFC, Pearce and Williams, but I guess we can finally offload in the summer when their contracts expire.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Will Doughty be leaving? As far as I am aware he has not signed an extension so it is our last chance to get any sort of fee. Obviously damaged goods so won’t help the situation.
    Can’t see him signing a contract. His agents will be in his ear about how much Celtic are offering.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Can’t see him signing a contract. His agents will be in his ear about how much Celtic are offering.
    I agree. It is why I think we will try and sell him.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I can see Oztumer leave on a permanent deal in January, and I think that, as well as the little bit of wriggle room we have in the budget, will probably be enough to bring in two players. One is likely to be a striker.

Whoever we bring in, they’ve got to have a bit of pace, because without Doughty, we only really have Smyth who is naturally very quick. Pace in this league, especially at the top end of the pitch, will destroy opponents. It’s why Grant scored so many goals for us for example.
    I don't think we know the % of wages that Bristol Rovers are paying Oztumer but if it's high it's probably not going to add much to the budget even if he does go permanently. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I can see Oztumer leave on a permanent deal in January, and I think that, as well as the little bit of wriggle room we have in the budget, will probably be enough to bring in two players. One is likely to be a striker.

Whoever we bring in, they’ve got to have a bit of pace, because without Doughty, we only really have Smyth who is naturally very quick. Pace in this league, especially at the top end of the pitch, will destroy opponents. It’s why Grant scored so many goals for us for example.
    I don't think we know the % of wages that Bristol Rovers are paying Oztumer but if it's high it's probably not going to add much to the budget even if he does go permanently. 
    The only way losing Oztumer would free up any wages is if Bristol Rovers are currently paying less than £1700 a week, which seems unlikely if Oztumer and Lasplie going meant we got Shinnie and Smyth (although sounds like we're not paying much for them)