Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June 2020 | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Wigan winning v Stoke 1-0

• Options
    VERY happy with another valuable point.

Crap game but doesn't matter to us. How are Cardiff a top 6 team ? 

Agree with comments around Green's performance. What the feck does he offer the team ? 

Onwards & upwards ! 
  • Options
    Job really well done. Match wasn't great, but don't care. 

Great to see JFC back. He really has a quality that we've been lacking. Like Cullen, the ball sticks to his boots. Just lacking some sharpness, but that will come.

Aneke has a touch of class about him. But he needs someone up front with him and when Green was moved back in the second half he had to go it alone. Also shout out of Doughty who sometimes lacks an end product but he was very good. 

So, bring on Friday then. What could possibly go wrong? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Hemed and Aneke would be interesting against Millwall, with Williams behind them. 
    Wouldn’t that be typical. We smash them and are not there to enjoy it.....
  • Options
    I suspect the Field substitution affected Bowyer's plans, as he probably planned for Field to last the 90. A shame Aneke had to go off, as he was really dangerous whereas Green was anonymous in the second half
    Green was anonymous in the first half too. Very poor from him.
  • Options
    I suspect the Field substitution affected Bowyer's plans, as he probably planned for Field to last the 90. A shame Aneke had to go off, as he was really dangerous whereas Green was anonymous in the second half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hemed would definitely have been a much better sub than Bonne, as we desperately needed someone to hold the ball up. If we played that last 20 minutes against Brentford, we would have been punished
  • Options
    Not pretty to watch but great to see!  Wouldn’t surprise me to see Aneke start on Friday, big and physical presence occupies defenders in a way Hemed fails to. 
  • Options
    At least he touched the ball a few times and got into some decent attacking positions in the first half. After the break he was largely invisible
  • Options
    Must have been a cup final as we usually burst balls in those.
  • Options
    Not a classic, aesthetic spectacle for the neutral by any means but an almost orgasmic experience for the committed Charlton fan. The perennial headache gone for a day.

As with the other two matches since we begun this was a team performance so it does feel invidious to single out individuals but I will comment on a few. Lapslie was like that irritating puppy that simply will not stop running round your ankles. Mendez - laing is a class player at this level and George a midfielder filling in at right back. Time and time again George was well beaten but time and time again he came back for a second bite to frustrate Cardiff. Pratley was absolutely dead on his feet after Saturday. Field lasted half an hour or thereabouts before having to leave the field so once again the old chap dragged his weary, aching limbs into the fray and inspired us to hang on for the point. Dillon once again made the crucial save when needed. Cullen was perpetual motion. The others all contributed too even Green occasionally!

46 points with 6 games left a point a game would give us 52 which MIGHT just be enough.

Whatever we're making a real fight of it and can hold our heads up to slightly misquote Argent.

Lost the stream for 10 minutes or so in the first half but I am delighted with the outcome today so who cares!

COYR 
  • Options
    Would have settled for that before the game. I thought neither side wanted to lose the game. Great that Bowyer could make 7 changes and still get a performance. Millwall is Friday and key players will be well rested.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that, we managed to effectively stifle the threat from a team who had better, more skilful players than we did. And we even had a couple of chances to nick a win. Great performance, great point, sets things up nicely for Friday. Green was the only disappointment, a baffling display from him, can’t believe that LB is going to be that happy with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vital point well earned tonight for shear heart on sleeve;Dillon with a massive save and JFC unlucky to have his shot blocked,so all in all a fair result and another clean sheet.
       Here,s one for yer, Green did'nt offer much all game and neither did Bonne so how about starting with Hemed and Davison on Friday and Chucks on the bench for the 2nd half. Williams playing behind them?
  • Options
    Great point and shows we are a match for anybody in the Championship with a full squad to pick from.

Cullen would walk into any team in this division absolute quality tonight apart from that early shot. 
  • Options
    We went for a 0-0 or to try and nick a winner, so mission completed.
    Cardiff are an in form team and have only lost twice at home this season.
    Well played everyone.
    Lapslie & Green were the weakest links tonight, but overall very solid.
  • Options
    Great result. Looked organised and secure. Thought defense was brilliant. I agree we lost something when Aneke went off. He put in a good shift. Want to see him score. Yeah it was poor game but Cardiff are play off candidates, seem to be form team and were at home. I am desperate for us to beat Millwall on friday. Some selection decisions for LB. COYRs