Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June 2020 | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Don’t know whether I’d prefer wigan to win to keep stoke down and wigan nothing to play for when they play us.
    Wigan are not going down. They are 2nd in the 2020 league table. They are more likely to dramatically sneak 6th place!
  • Options
    We haven't lost against the top 6 so should not be fearing Brentford or Leeds at all. 
  • Options
    Lapslie did well at RWB, indeed I though he was better than Deji

Shocking hair though  :D
    Agreed. Get rid of that tiara George. 
  • Options
    Not a classic but a good point. I’m actually a touch disappointed because the way the game planned out there were 3 points for the taking - Cardiff offered nothing to scare us. Still 7 from 9 is an excellent return. 7 from the next 18 available should keep us up with a little bit of room to spare. 

We lacked a bit attacking spark but we looked very well organized, more so than we have for a long time - the three clean sheets are no fluke. 
  • Options
    Interesting comments from Bowyer there, in such a unique situation, coming back after such a short pre season, I agree with him in picking players based on current sharpness and fitness, rather than how they were playing earlier in the season
  • Options
    Really good point, good battling performance. Cullen excellent again and missed Matthews, but our lack of punch up front really shows. Aneke did pretty well and has been our best attacker since the restart but Bowyer clearly doesn't think he can get 90 minutes out of him and he still needs to work on his decision-making. Possibly most effective as a sub against tiring defences. Green largely anonymous tonight while Macca looks like he's gone backwards during the break - always seems to be on his heels rather than his toes. Could do with Hemed getting a goal or two now. If we stay up I would love for whoever owns us that week to whack millions on the table in front of Darragh and say 'right, we're having Toney and Eisa'.
  • Options
    The point most of us would have settle for before the game.

I didn't think much of Cardiff, I'd say they've gone backwards since the game at The Valley.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I honestly think Hull, Hudders and the losers of Luton Barnsley (next Tuesday)are gonners! We shouldn’t be looking over our shoulders we should be targeting reading, Birmingham etc who we are still to play and very capable of beating!

I would throw Stoke in the relegation mix as well, by all accounts they were poor tonight and have some difficult games to finish with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At one point I thought he was Ben Reeves!
  • Options
    Battling draw was a pleasant surprise, particularly after seeing Bow make 7 changes. Our squad looks strong. Doughty, Cullen (again) and Chuks shone for me and I am relieved that our momentum in terms of clean sheets and point gains continue.

I am looking forward to Friday big time!
  • Options

At one point I thought he was Ben Reeves!
    Yes, that hair band makes him look like he's a got a massively receding hairline!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Thanks Solly.
    Going 5-3-2 and playing Lapslie/Deji there still preferable to Solly in a 4-4-2 tbh
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sage said:
    Interesting comments from Bowyer there, in such a unique situation, coming back after such a short pre season, I agree with him in picking players based on current sharpness and fitness, rather than how they were playing earlier in the season
    Completely agree. It’s very interesting and the way he says it makes it sound as if he’s a little disappointed how Jonny's fitness isn’t up there with others. Completely right to pick and play players based on what’s happening now. I just hope Jonny gets to that level soon and gets the chance to impact our season again in a positive way.

Williams did say before the restart that there’s only so much you can do and that they’re not runners. Maybe he struggled with the running and the motivation to hit the targets that were set. He seems the type of person who would’ve done better had he been able to complete the runs with a teammate rather than on his own.
    If it was a player, like let's say Hemed, or McGeady who came back and Bowyer said the same things about them - they would be getting absolute pelters from many fans. Indeed Hemed was getting called fat when he came back from injury when the bloke is clearly pretty ripped! 

I know Johnny is a lovely guy, and has some serious talent, but his body is just not up to it at the best of time and if youre not putting in the fitness work when there's an opportunity like lockdown presented, then maybe it explains why. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Decent point, hopefully Leeds now stuff Luton and Wigan draw with Stoke, keeping them both involved.
    How did that go?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Completely agree. It’s very interesting and the way he says it makes it sound as if he’s a little disappointed how Jonny's fitness isn’t up there with others. Completely right to pick and play players based on what’s happening now. I just hope Jonny gets to that level soon and gets the chance to impact our season again in a positive way.

Williams did say before the restart that there’s only so much you can do and that they’re not runners. Maybe he struggled with the running and the motivation to hit the targets that were set. He seems the type of person who would’ve done better had he been able to complete the runs with a teammate rather than on his own.
    If it was a player, like let's say Hemed, or McGeady who came back and Bowyer said the same things about them - they would be getting absolute pelters from many fans. Indeed Hemed was getting called fat when he came back from injury when the bloke is clearly pretty ripped! 

I know Johnny is a lovely guy, and has some serious talent, but his body is just not up to it at the best of time and if youre not putting in the fitness work when there's an opportunity like lockdown presented, then maybe it explains why. 
    I'd much rather play a 3/4 fit Williams than a fully fit JFC, Green or Oztumer.