Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread:Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| 8:15pm KO

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Oshilaja and McGeady off Doughty and Williams on for me go 3-4-1-2
    I think we've already gone to this sort of shape. Pratley is playing in the back three now 
  • Mcgeady is just a poor man’s Williams. 
  • Get Williams on and Aneke.
  • aliwibble said:
    Wot no love for Cullen @Dazzler21 ?
    Those three all did a bit to deal with the chance at the time.
  • Solid defence, other than a very absent Oshilaja. 

Midfield at times looks class, and other times just closing shadows and chasing the ball!

attack seems very lack lustre, but the ball is sticking with bonne and Hemed well - just no second ball merchant to take it Forward 
  • Got better in the latter parts. 

Our finishing is a joke, though. Team of spongefoots. 
  • Would love to know what game the BBC are watching:

A tepid first half draws to a close at The Valley with neither side getting off the mark.

Quite frankly the highlight of that opening 45 minutes were when some fans let off fireworks outside the ground.

• None of our attacking players have any confidence 
  • Unsurprisingly we look SO much better with a back 3
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    Why didn’t McGeady put his foot through the ball when he was at the edge of the box . Millwall look far more dangerous. I’ll take a 0-0
  • Their back line must be one of the slowest in the league. They’ve made McGeady look like he has a turn of pace.
  • Get Williams on.
  • Well. That was a tough watch. Centre halves defending heroically but there's been some worrying moments. Hemed has obvious quality but every header he wins and turn he makes isn't met by anything in return from Bonne who looks completely lost tonight. Cullen started off brightly but has been completely bypassed by Millwall playing out to their wing backs. You can see why Bowyer has switched it to three at the back to match that up. I really hope we bring on Chuks for Bonne at half time and worry them. They look pretty terrified with players running at them so bringing on a skillful bulldozer might change things.I have a bad feeling though that Bowyer will bring Chuks on for Hemed and we'll have the same problem with Bonne again. They don't look like Brazil, we've scared them when we've hit them on the break so we need to push on and finish a chance
  • Would like to see Doughty on for Oshilaja. Would give us pace and an attacking threat down the left. Oshilaja has to cut back on to his right and he’s been booked.
  • Why didn’t McGeady put his foot through the ball when he was at the edge of the box . Millwall look far more dangerous. I’ll take a 0-0
    Same as Bonne earlier, both just kept hesitating and hesitating until the chance was all but gone
  • We seem to crumble when it comes to taking a shot from open play. Just leather it!
  • Millwall on top first half. We had spells and nooks and crannies, but they are powerful, well structured and organised, and continually threatening.
    Sometimes it is a bit men v boys. We desperately need Hemed and MacGeedy to step up more, because we won't withstand this for 90 minutes.
  • edited July 2020
    Chunes said:
    Got better in the latter parts. 

Our finishing is a joke, though. Team of spongefoots. 
    Bonne can belt them, as can Hemed, seems like they're both scared to shoot tonight.

Morgan, Matthews, Cullen & Pearce outstanding as they can be and Phillips is Phillips 👌
  • I'd get Aneke on for some added strength up front, Williams on because we need a creative player who can run at them from midfield and Doughty on because Oshilaja is having a mare.

If Oshilaja stays on then if i was Rowett i'd definitely be targeting him second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• We've defended balls into the box really well, Lockyer and Pearce both excellent. Oshilaja just should not be playing left back. McGeady past it. Hoping for half time changes. 
  • Apart from the breakaway with Bonne miss, we can’t get the ball upfield quick enough. 

Think Doughty on is the answer, he’s got the pace to get the ball up quickly and to the feet of Hemed/Bonne. 
  • Mcgeady must surely be taken off at HT, he really is bloody awful.
  • Apart from the breakaway with Bonne miss, we can’t get the ball upfield quick enough. 

Think Doughty on is the answer, he’s got the pace to get the ball up quickly and to the feet of Hemed/Bonne. 
    But is Doughty good enough as a defensive unit to deal with Romeu?
  • Seems to be a competition to see which of our players can be the most shit. My vote still goes to Oshilaja, by a country mile. 

• Jed Wallace is some player. Mcgeady not on it, Oshilaja was not on it, Bonne should have buried his chance. 
  • Cut off Wallace and millwall are nothing, everything’s come off him, he’s a great player but every other millwall player has nothing about them 
  • Needed to change shape and looked better when we did.

Millwall look after the ball in possession better than we do but they’re a bit one dimensional in chance creation. Wallace is class.

Would like to see Williams, Aneke and Doughty given at least 30 mins.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!