Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Agree with Killerandflash; in a game where our passing was iffy, we needed Sarr to start some moves. We had no wide threat at all. Needed Sarr feeding Doughty high up the pitch. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    RE: the Goal, doesnt it bounce up and hit Dillon in the face after hitting his chest, thats what sets it up for Cooper

Dillon has done all he can to get the best part of his body in the way of the shot, if that just bounces off his chest and no where else it surely falls to Hemed (?)
    But why was Hemed playing RW in the first place? He'd looked dangerous in little patches up front. If he's up front, Cooper probably can't make that run. It's hard for me to blame a center forward for now tracking his man to the touchline after being asked to play wide right in a 5-4-1. We sat deeper and deeper and allowed them onto us, that, for me, was the bigger problem. 
    Agreed... I was literary about to type that we appeared to be setting up with the aim of getting the point

You had Aneke and Williams up front exposed because there was a huge gap between them and the rest of the team
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Aneke has to start against Brentford part of me would even give Davison a shot.

Brentford is a free hit anyway so see what they can do together 
  • Options
    The worst thing about being a Charlton fan is the record against these bastards. I've had 45 years of this.
    That's nothing. I've had 52 years of it. 

I honestly don't think I will ever see us beat them again.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with a bottle job as some people seem to think,we had plenty of the play but have absolutely no goal threat whatsoever,Dillon made a very rare error and it cost us,cannot dwell on this .
    If it's alright with you I'm going to dwell on it until my anger subsides
  • Options
    Got what we deserved, I thought.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    ct_addick said:
    physically stronger and fitter. Men vs Boys. We were carrying McGeady. Bonne couldn’t score in a brothel. Fear for us now. Lee got it wrong today. 
    I don’t really agree with that last sentence. I can’t see how we could have set up much different. McGeady was a weak link but Williams didn’t have 90 mins in him, Green was terrible last game and Field is too defensive. Bowyer showed faith in a technically limited side that have won their last two games. They weren’t good enough to get it tonight but if Bonne puts that one away first half and we hold it like we have been then we’re all calling him a genius.
    Mate how the fcuk can you play Oshilaja at left back! Our quickest player was on the bench until the 80th minute and you start a washed up 34 year old. I’m done......absolutely fuming. 
    Doughty had played 90+ minutes against Cardiff two days prior... Bloke sprints about all over the place so why do you think he didnt start?

Purrington should have been the one back there yet unfortunately we got six points from playing Oshilaja at LB so it becomes very tempted to stick with that approach doesnt it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    RE: the Goal, doesnt it bounce up and hit Dillon in the face after hitting his chest, thats what sets it up for Cooper

Dillon has done all he can to get the best part of his body in the way of the shot, if that just bounces off his chest and no where else it surely falls to Hemed (?)
    But why was Hemed playing RW in the first place? He'd looked dangerous in little patches up front. If he's up front, Cooper probably can't make that run. It's hard for me to blame a center forward for now tracking his man to the touchline after being asked to play wide right in a 5-4-1. We sat deeper and deeper and allowed them onto us, that, for me, was the bigger problem. 
     Cos we don't have any RM players.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The game was fairly even if you take a step back and run your finger down the stat line. They took one of their chances, we couldn’t score for toffee.

Unfortunately our newly stellar defence is being sorely let down by bang average attacking options.
    Millwall clearly identified Morgan as the key passer for us... took him out of the game and we became even more toothless

Was a pretty sluggish end2end game, felt neither side deserved a point tonight!!

Frustrating as we started the game passing it about and got through Millwall, they got the ball, kept it so we resorted to copying them rather than calming ourselves down on the ball

Need to find a goal, a bit of luck from somewhere
    This. They targeted Morgan as our creative spark, two bad fouls that got their guys booked, voila, crocked.
  • Options
    Miserable. Not good enough but this was the one game I just couldn't see us getting anything from. Brentford will be Very tough. Going to the wire now I fear. What's the getting millwall lose to Middlesbrough who I think they have next
  • Options
    The worst thing about being a Charlton fan is the record against these bastards. I've had 45 years of this.
    That's nothing. I've had 52 years of it. 

I honestly don't think I will ever see us beat them again.
    I've literally never seen Charlton beat millwall
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I tee off in a 2 ball at 9am with a Millwall fan.

Fooking hell, been looking forward to the bar opening for 3 months...

Feels like someone has just taken a centrepiece shit in the middle of our social distanced table. 
    Might be worth pulling a sickie boss.
  • Options
    The game was fairly even if you take a step back and run your finger down the stat line. They took one of their chances, we couldn’t score for toffee.

Unfortunately our newly stellar defence is being sorely let down by bang average attacking options.
    Millwall clearly identified Morgan as the key passer for us... took him out of the game and we became even more toothless

Was a pretty sluggish end2end game, felt neither side deserved a point tonight!!

Frustrating as we started the game passing it about and got through Millwall, they got the ball, kept it so we resorted to copying them rather than calming ourselves down on the ball

Need to find a goal, a bit of luck from somewhere
    This. They targeted Morgan as our creative spark, too bad fouls that got their guys booked, voila, crocked.
    The second one from Cooper was especially nasty... Wasnt that the one when Bonne got put through on goal?
  • Options
    Hemed bonne aneke absolutely toothless up front 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Next game 

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Oshilaja
    Morgan Cullen Pratley Doughty
    Davison Aneke
  • Options
    As per usual, they wanted it more than us.  Both sides pretty poor but a mistake did us.  Shame that with everyone below us in form, them doing the double over us might be fatal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The day they got the annoyingly tough Rowett after losing the equally annoyingly tough Harris I knew they were going to heap more years of pain on us.
    When will Millwall get their very own Carol Fry or Bob whats-his-face?
  • Options
    I tee off in a 2 ball at 9am with a Millwall fan.

Fooking hell, been looking forward to the bar opening for 3 months...

Feels like someone has just taken a centrepiece shit in the middle of our social distanced table. 
    Cough loudly every time the c*** goes to tee off
  • Options
    So now we rely on Millwall to do us a favour against Middlesbrough, Hull and Huddesrfield :/
  • Options
    Really disappointed with Cullen today. Was absolutely anonymous in a match where we needed him to dictate. Was understandable in the first half with Millwall putting everything out wide, but second half when we matched them up more and he had the space to operate he didn't step forward and take control. Let the game pass him by and we paid for it without his talent influencing the match
  • Options
    I know his thing is to be positive, but I'd be surprised if we've had 15 shots on, or even near target in these four games. 

7 points from four still isn't terrible, considering the games we have. It's just a problem that everyone around us is winning. What's worrying is 2 goals in 4 games, none of them from open play. 
  • Options
    Forget Brentford forgetleeds
    the 3 in between are what shapes  our season 
  • Options
    It’s still within us to get enough points to survive, Millwall even if they make the playoffs ain’t going up if they do it will be the least points ever in the Premier. However back to us, we had the chances, Taylor is a ***t,  5 more points should do it, & they could do us a favour, Hull, Middlesborough & QPR.
  • Options
    Bowyer giving it Publically to Bonne and Hemed.
    While I agree, that could bury the pair of them confidence wise, and they're pretty much all we've got!
    Would hate to see the pair of them playing with no confidence,man alive,theyre shit enough😉 Got to give Davison a go up front now,he cant do any worse than Bonne
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Got what we deserved, I thought.
    This