Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Next game 

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Oshilaja
    Morgan Cullen Pratley Doughty
    Davison Aneke
    I'd play Purrington and Doughty, maybe rest Pearce for Sarr - With regards to the former I still think they could replicate Jackson / Wiggins almost

Not in talent but it creates the option for one to get forward whilst the other is able to slot into Defence
  • Options
    Bowyer giving it Publically to Bonne and Hemed.
    While I agree, that could bury the pair of them confidence wise, and they're pretty much all we've got!
    They have zero confidence anyway, how can it get any worse? 
  • Options
    Josh Davison was the last striker to score for Charlton that we have available. Against West Brom of all sides.

Green the last forward player to score against Preston.
  • Options
    Have the police confirmed if we're allowed to leave our living rooms yet?
    I am still waiting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Don't even think the goal was Dillon's fault. Wasn't an easy one to take in, he makes the save just unfortunate where it ends up. 
    When he watches it back he will know you either hold onto it or push it out for a corner. I love him but he will be disappointed he didn’t do better.
  • Options
    On TV against Millwall. We got what we were always going to get.
    Decent performance really though, we shouldn't forget that. Earlier in the season we always looked like we were about to concede; not today. Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce and Pratley were excellent today though. Lockyer and Pearce in particular looked like they were willing to take every shot square in the face and you felt like they had more creative drive in desire to make something happen than the rest of the team. That's a good base, we just really need our attackers to turn up. Bonne was awful, offered absolutely nothing. Hemed was decent but looks like he doesn't want to have to shoot. Aneke was really disappointing and after a few early runs and nothing balls proceeded to drift out and get in Hemed's way. That's going to be the real problem; one of those three and Green needs to step up and score goals. We can't rely on the midfield for it and we can't hope for set pieces every game. That's a better performance against Millwall than we normally turn up with but unlike in our last three games this time when we couldn't put a team away we were punished. Take the derby aspect out of it, that's our real concern. The defence are playing well but there's not enough goals coming through this team and it needs to change pretty sharpish. This isn't a disaster; Millwall are a play-off bothering team and we weren't really expecting a win there. It's the Birmingham, Reading and Wigan matches we need to show up to
    Stop being so fucking sensible, when I want to punch people  ;)
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Don't even think the goal was Dillon's fault. Wasn't an easy one to take in, he makes the save just unfortunate where it ends up. 
    When he watches it back he will know you either hold onto it or push it out for a corner. I love him but he will be disappointed he didn’t do better.
    Honestly don't think it was easy to do either the direction and pace it came at him. Maybe I need to watch it again, though I don't want to. 
  • Options
    They’ve stationed a horse outside my front door and that’s on as I wasn’t going to leave the house anyway this evening and I can use the horse shit for the garden tomorrow

Only issue is the big dog hates the horse being outside and is barking so much the neighbours have complained.

im pretending that one is palace and one scum so I’m ignoring them. I’ll offer them some helpful organic manure for their gardens over the fences tomorrow.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I hate losing to Millwall, so predictable, but you gotta laugh it’s so blooming obvious what’s going to happen, definitely going to hit the delete button in my header as well as the recorded match on sky, think I’d sooner have my nails pulled out rather than watch that tosh back.
  • Options
    Nothing ever f*****g changes, does it.
  • Options
    I tee off in a 2 ball at 9am with a Millwall fan.

Fooking hell, been looking forward to the bar opening for 3 months...

Feels like someone has just taken a centrepiece shit in the middle of our social distanced table. 
    Hit him on the back of the head as hard as you can with a five iron.
    Then st light to his body. 
    Then dial999 and say he has been struck by lightning. 

Hopefully this will work.
    Maybe drop the calling 999 bit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    LB needs to pick the side up now, let's hope results go our way this weekend!
  • Options
    Bowyer’s got to pick the players up after this nonsense.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I know his thing is to be positive, but I'd be surprised if we've had 15 shots on, or even near target in these four games. 

7 points from four still isn't terrible, considering the games we have. It's just a problem that everyone around us is winning. What's worrying is 2 goals in 4 games, none of them from open play. 
    Well after Saturday let’s see what you have to say then ?
    we have 7 points out of a possible 12 that is not the end of the world and we need 5 points 👍👍👍
  • Options
    If there are any positives to come out of that it's that hopefully we won't see Oshilaja at left back again and McGeady will be back on the bench. 
  • Options
    On TV against Millwall. We got what we were always going to get.
    Decent performance really though, we shouldn't forget that. Earlier in the season we always looked like we were about to concede; not today. Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce and Pratley were excellent today though. Lockyer and Pearce in particular looked like they were willing to take every shot square in the face and you felt like they had more creative drive in desire to make something happen than the rest of the team. That's a good base, we just really need our attackers to turn up. Bonne was awful, offered absolutely nothing. Hemed was decent but looks like he doesn't want to have to shoot. Aneke was really disappointing and after a few early runs and nothing balls proceeded to drift out and get in Hemed's way. That's going to be the real problem; one of those three and Green needs to step up and score goals. We can't rely on the midfield for it and we can't hope for set pieces every game. That's a better performance against Millwall than we normally turn up with but unlike in our last three games this time when we couldn't put a team away we were punished. Take the derby aspect out of it, that's our real concern. The defence are playing well but there's not enough goals coming through this team and it needs to change pretty sharpish. This isn't a disaster; Millwall are a play-off bothering team and we weren't really expecting a win there. It's the Birmingham, Reading and Wigan matches we need to show up to
    Stop being so fucking sensible, when I want to punch people  ;)
    Oh I'm with you, I want to throw everything I own out of the bloody window. The fact is though this isn't our major concern. There's five games left and this is our first loss of the restart. There's winnable games in there and games where we could pull off an upset. I can't be bothered to focus too much on this one because there's a lot left to worry about. We're still not in the drop zone, that's the important thing. That's what I'll tell myself anyway
  • Options
    Quite simply bollocks - I hate this fixture - we didn’t deserve that - nil nil was that match - neither side deserved anything but a point - if I had a cat (not that I would - dog family) it would have been k.....
  • Options
    I never bet on Charlton games but I hate to think how much I could have won in the last 20 odd years.  So frustrating 
  • Options
    And will people stop taking about Millwall  getting into the play-offs. They are bang average & will lucky to be top 10. No doubt they will lose against the teams down with us.
    If they get promoted, with their small fan base small ground and small revenue they will get absolutely hammered in the prem.  As we would.