Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gallagher explains why he left

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    ‘“Chelsea” thought it was best for me.’ But not Flo or Cudicini. So who? And why the sudden late turnaround in “Chelsea” opinion. Agent, innthe ear of someone high up in the heirachy at Chelsea. 
    Well the virus has messed up the agent’s plan for a big commission when Chelsea sell him in summer. 
    It’s possible though that the agent got wind of the bogus nature of the ESI takeover and this helped him sell the idea to “Chelsea” that he should move on. 
    He can still rot in hell together with Taylor’s agent, Lee Matthews, and the other lowlife scumbags who drained £350 mill out of the English game and into their pockets last season.
    Oh for fucks sake, not this old chestnut again. Give it a bloody rest.
    The best part is I always thought Prague was an agent of some kind, must have got that wrong.

Also, how do we know 'Flo' and Cudicini had no say in this? Have they confirmed that somewhere that I've missed?
    No, of course they haven't. Prague has developed his little theory and has convinced himself that he's right no matter what anyone else says. Be that Charlton, Chelsea or the player himself.

I think it's true to say that Chelsea WERE happy with his progress, but that was before we started playing the youth team and Gallagher started clearly getting targeted by the opposition. They then changed their minds - around the same time it was looking pretty clear we weren't getting any decent new players in - and decided he would be better playing in a mans team.

Prague thinks some Machiavellian agent was behind it all and refuses to see any other motive.
    It’s what you think. I might have thought similar too, until someone close to SL told me in some detail what I have said here. Of course I cannot prove 100% that all he said is true, but he certainly has the advantage over you of being in a position to have heard and witnessed all that. 

Flo and Cudicini were regular visitors to SL because that is their job. I didnt know that before but they are two of Chelsea’s four strong team whose sole job is to monitor loaned players. Its all there on the website. According to my source Flo’s words in December when asked if they might trigger the recall clause was “ why on earth would we do that?”

I’d have thought that you at least would share a “follow the money” attitude towards agents. But whatever. As ever. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    ‘“Chelsea” thought it was best for me.’ But not Flo or Cudicini. So who? And why the sudden late turnaround in “Chelsea” opinion. Agent, innthe ear of someone high up in the heirachy at Chelsea. 
    Well the virus has messed up the agent’s plan for a big commission when Chelsea sell him in summer. 
    It’s possible though that the agent got wind of the bogus nature of the ESI takeover and this helped him sell the idea to “Chelsea” that he should move on. 
    He can still rot in hell together with Taylor’s agent, Lee Matthews, and the other lowlife scumbags who drained £350 mill out of the English game and into their pockets last season.
    The best part is I always thought Prague was an agent of some kind, must have got that wrong.

Also, how do we know 'Flo' and Cudicini had no say in this? Have they confirmed that somewhere that I've missed?
    No, of course they haven't. Prague has developed his little theory and has convinced himself that he's right no matter what anyone else says. Be that Charlton, Chelsea or the player himself.

I think it's true to say that Chelsea WERE happy with his progress, but that was before we started playing the youth team and Gallagher started clearly getting targeted by the opposition. They then changed their minds - around the same time it was looking pretty clear we weren't getting any decent new players in - and decided he would be better playing in a mans team.

Prague thinks some Machiavellian agent was behind it all and refuses to see any other motive.
    It’s what you think. I might have thought similar too, until someone close to SL told me in some detail what I have said here. Of course I cannot prove 100% that all he said is true, but he certainly has the advantage over you of being in a position to have heard and witnessed all that. 

Flo and Cudicini were regular visitors to SL because that is their job. I didnt know that before but they are two of Chelsea’s four strong team whose sole job is to monitor loaned players. Its all there on the website. According to my source Flo’s words in December when asked if they might trigger the recall clause was “ why on earth would we do that?”

I’d have thought that you at least would share a “follow the money” attitude towards agents. But whatever. As ever. 
    Your theory is as good as anyone’s R.
    I have a feeling we will never really get to the bottom of it unless Bow, Jacko or someone in the coaching set up come out with it.....probably in a book 20 years from now!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

OK Prague, one last try.

I don't doubt what you were told, not at all. But I've highlighted the bit where I think you're missing the point.

"In December" they were happy with his progress at Charlton. Agreed. No reason for them not to be.

But then what happened?

We had even more injuries and he then became the senior player in our midfield with a load of kids around him. He also started getting targeted by the opposition and came in for some rough stuff (eg Derby) because he was just about the only threat we had.

We were then also the subject of a moody takeover and it was probably no real secret in football circles that we were subject to a transfer embargo - even though the fans didn't know it. So no prospect of things getting much better any time soon.

So whilst Chelsea "were" happy with his progress initially, by mid-January something had changed.

They decided to take him out and put him elsewhere.  That's a decision Chelsea made, as was their prerogative. They probably got better terms from Swansea in terms of a loan fee/percentage of salary, because what they were getting was something more than the prospect we took on in the summer.

The only person that seems to think the reason Chelsea moved him was because an agent told them to do so is you. What evidence do you have of this agent pulling Chelsea's strings like that?

Wouldn't you even concede that maybe Chelsea just looked at everything in the round and made their own minds up to move him?

(PS. And I have no love for agents, but like marketing and advertising people, they are a necessary evil in the world we live in)
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Ffs he wasn't our player.
    Will be voting for him for player of the year.
    What a joy to watch in the time he was with us.
    Initially I would agree with you but he fell away significantly  in the latter stages of his stay.
    I understand he’s not exactly setting the world on fire with Swansea......Nothing like the initial form he showed with us anyway.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Ffs he wasn't our player.
    Will be voting for him for player of the year.
    What a joy to watch in the time he was with us.
    Initially I would agree with you but he fell away significantly  in the latter stages of his stay.
    I understand he’s not exactly setting the world on fire with Swansea......Nothing like the initial form he showed with us anyway.
    We wore him out £.
    He came to be one of our main players when he should of been here learning

• Options
    “The Sun claims”...

Then you take a look at who at the Sun broke the story... none other than our friend Alan Nixon.
  • Options
    Ha didn’t spot that, couldn’t see Chelsea selling him so cheaply either.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If you know how Chelsea operate their loan system you can see why they wanted him to go somewhere more ball dominant. He was chasing the ball for 90 mins, he could do that anywhere. He needed to practice being on the ball to get him ready for Chelsea or work out if he'll ever be useful for their first team.

I'm not surprised he's struggled at Swansea to have the same impact because he was a vital cog here and integral to everything, once you step up in quality, that's not going to be the case.

He was great for us though, I miss his lovely hair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would love to think IF we weren't such a basket case when next season came around we might have half a chance of getting him back on another season long loan!

one of the best youngsters I've seen pull on our shirt
  • Options
    would love to think IF we weren't such a basket case when next season came around we might have half a chance of getting him back on another season long loan!

i doubt he'll be coming into the championship again.
  • Options

I think he'll go to a side hoping to bounce back. 
  • Options
    Things in life are rarely simple and it may be that there's no single reason behind Gallagher's recall. Once you've picked up that there's one risk in your strategy, it's likely to make you more attuned to and concerned about others. It's quite possible that both Prague's and Off It's explanations were contributory factors, indeed even all of the half a dozen that Sound As has alluded to. Just because there is evidence to support one of these theories, doesn't discount the others.   
  • Options

You honestly see him in the Premier League?

Maybe if he stayed with us scoring and impressing 

But the stats say 3 assists and 0 goals in 13 games at Swansea who are an attacking side and he is an attacking midfielder even if the stats are wrong and the article is right its still only 5 assists and 0 goals for an attacking midfielder in the championship its not setting the world alight.

I think he will need another season in the Championship to prove himself before he is ready for the Premier League 
  • Options
    Fcuk Chelsea should never loan a player from then again. An agreement should be honored and they knew our injury issues. From what I hear his performances have not been great at Swansea. 
  • Options
    40 Games, 14 for Swansea with 6 assists, 6 goals for us and 4 assists not bad for his first season out on loan.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Didn't realise he played alongside the following when he won the u17 World Cup. 

Steven Sessegnon 
    Phil Foden
    Emil Smith-Rowe
    Callum Hudson-Odoi 
    Jadon Sancho
    Rhian Brewster

That's not a bad group at all. I also noted this weekend he sprinted to hug Brewster after Brewster scored on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    40 Games, 14 for Swansea with 6 assists, 6 goals for us and 4 assists not bad for his first season out on loan.
    As you say not bad for a first season on loan, but not Premier League worthy either.

He needs another year in The Championship to prove himself IMO and will be very surprised if prem teams are looking at him for their first team next season as I don't think he is ready yet
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    As you say not bad for a first season on loan, but not Premier League worthy either.

He needs another year in The Championship to prove himself IMO and will be very surprised if prem teams are looking at him for their first team next season as I don't think he is ready yet
    I would agree but we've seen Premier League players not cutting it in the Championship that fly in the Premier League. Obviously many, many more the other way round. I expect Conor could be one of those that does cut it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    If Palace buy him, I'm sure they will happily loan him to us for a year so he can gain more experience.  :)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    That is true re: stats but would Mount have got into the Chelsea team this year if they weren’t under embargo? They already brought in Ziyech, Werner and they’re going after Havertz.

Not all of their signings will be direct competitors with Gallagher but it does push the likes of Mount, Barkley, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi and by extension Gallagher and Gilmour down the pecking order.

I can see a Leeds, WBA or a Brighton wanting him on loan next year. Failing that Norwich, Bournemouth or whoever else gets relegated will snap him up quickly.
  • Options
    That is true re: stats but would Mount have got into the Chelsea team this year if they weren’t under embargo? They already brought in Ziyech, Werner and they’re going after Havertz.

Not all of their signings will be direct competitors with Gallagher but it does push the likes of Mount, Barkley, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi and by extension Gallagher and Gilmour down the pecking order.

I can see a Leeds, WBA or a Brighton wanting him on loan next year. Failing that Norwich, Bournemouth or whoever else gets relegated will snap him up quickly.
    Yeah maybe not. I'm not saying Gallagher is good enough to get in Chelseas starting 11. I'm just saying that if you're using stats in the championship to assess the relative level of the premier league then it shows Gallagher is good enough to compete in the PL.

Agree about one of the promoted sides wanting to take him on but I think some of the more established PL sides should be looking at him as well.
  • Options
    Leeds a good shout to replace Bamford
  • Options
    @Off_it thank you for a reasoned reply. 

In response I would say that you should remind yourself of the situation when Gallagher came to us last August. Firstly the lad himself. He had no significant first team experience anywhere ( unlike Bielik and Cullen, whose clubs were happy to let go to us a division lower). The early comments of Bow and co suggest that, because of this, they didnt know what they were getting either. For sure, Chelsea knew thst they were sending him to a club whom the bookies had as favourites to go down. I can’t recall who else came in after Gallagher but they were never going to be top level players. Chelsea knew that very well, but they were happy to let him come for a season. And of course Bow did a fantastic job on him, and all of a sudden he was making headlines. He did a fantastic job on Bielik and Cullen too, and there wasnt a whisper of those clubs  wanting them back because we did not play the right way, as someone above suggests. I understand there was some nervousness at Charlton about Chelsea thinking he might be getting overloaded, and that was what the question to Flo was about. It was quite late December by the way. So if Chelsea really had those concerns you suggest, wouldn’t Flo have answered “look, we are a bit concerned, and we do have the trigger clause, so we want to talk to you about how your squad will be strengthened in Jan, and then we will decide”. Why instead deceive Charlton and then suddenly pull the rug from under us? The answer IMO Is that Chelsea is a big business, and somebody on the managerial side was persuaded to overrule Flo and Cudicini. I can’t prove it. But for me it is the most rational explanation, and I am told that that is what is generally believed at SL.

the only other thing to add now, is that my source isnt on CL, and had no idea  of my fundamental objection to agents. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    He did not want to leave even though the bollocks was being kicked out of him. He was enjoying his role at Charlton and to hear that he left so he can have more on the ball is a cover up for Chelsea wanting him to move. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    He did not want to leave even though the bollocks was being kicked out of him. He was enjoying his role at Charlton and to hear that he left so he can have more on the ball is a cover up for Chelsea wanting him to move. 
    Yeah, my opinion is that Chelsea were keeping tabs on him and he wasn't protected enough for their liking - doing a lot of running/tackling and off the ball work, getting targeted by other teams when on the ball, as well as being leaned on to play 90mins every week as a very young player. I think back to that away game when he clearly had a bad cut on his ankle at HT after being kicked around for 45mins and don't think whoever was watching from Chelsea would have been too approving of us sending him back out for the 2nd half... in their shoes I'd have probably wanted to have words.

Couple that with them perhaps wanting to mould him as a creative, luxury-type attacking midfielder - Swansea would have ticked their boxes for that given their style of football and being up at the top of the league at the time. I don't necessarily agree with that being a better way to learn the game, as he was dropped into a real war for us and seemed to get better and enjoy having a bit of a target on his head - but I can see that being their decision making. As for withdrawing him from us to go there - that's not their problem at the end of the day, sickener for us but why would our relegation fight matter to them vs developing their player how they want to.

• Options
    Like I said......the truth may never be known re this saga, so many theories and all with reasonable logic.
  • Options
    Although Chelsea run their club these days by selling a vast number of loan players for decent fees in order to fund bigger transfers, i think they'd be silly to sell Gallagher yet.

Tie him to a longer deal (he has 2 years left), then loan him to a bottom half prem club or newly promoted side for next season. If he does well then you have a young English player who can move into your squad, and at worst you'd still get a decent fee for him by selling him next summer.

Let's not forget this is his first season in senior football so 40+ appearances plus 6 goals and 10 assists is a solid return.