Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gallagher explains why he left

13»

Comments

• Options
    I winced when Bow said of Gallagher at the 'Shameful Southall' hijacking press conference. 

'At the moment in an ideal world he would have a little rest, but we can't do that with him at the moment, but he will have a rest when others come back' 

Reckon some of Conor's minders winced too. 

In fact I recall Klopp refusing to let Gomez go out on loan as he recovered from his injury. He said that other clubs would just use him, because when it comes down to it they don't give a toss about Liverpool football club.  Klopp knew he had a valuable asset and he was determined to look after him. 

• Options
    edited July 2020
    @Raith_C_Chattonell sums up the situation for me. 

A lot of our games were Live on Sky back then too. 
  • Options
    We were a basket case club with a co-owner known in football to be a toe-rag. Why on earth would Chelsea or any club let a decent prospect work in that environment. It's more of a surprise that other clubs didn't feel the same way. 
  • Options
    It's 'cos he was always fighting with his brother. Everyone knows that don't they?
  • Options
    Although Chelsea run their club these days by selling a vast number of loan players for decent fees in order to fund bigger transfers, i think they'd be silly to sell Gallagher yet.

Tie him to a longer deal (he has 2 years left), then loan him to a bottom half prem club or newly promoted side for next season. If he does well then you have a young English player who can move into your squad, and at worst you'd still get a decent fee for him by selling him next summer.

Let's not forget this is his first season in senior football so 40+ appearances plus 6 goals and 10 assists is a solid return.
    Alternatively they may just insert a buy back clause and hefty sell on percentage, so if he does well at his new club they can either buy him back cheaply or profit from the next transfer.
  • Options
    I winced when Bow said of Gallagher at the 'Shameful Southall' hijacking press conference. 

'At the moment in an ideal world he would have a little rest, but we can't do that with him at the moment, but he will have a rest when others come back' 

Reckon some of Conor's minders winced too. 

In fact I recall Klopp refusing to let Gomez go out on loan as he recovered from his injury. He said that other clubs would just use him, because when it comes down to it they don't give a toss about Liverpool football club.  Klopp knew he had a valuable asset and he was determined to look after him. 

And also why Pep never sent Foden out on loan. Be forced to wear a neck brace as a result of watching the ball sail over your head from back to front playing for a Millwall, remain on the bench playing for a Leeds, be flogged to death playing for a Charlton or Swansea or learn in training and in Cup games how to play football with and at the level of some of the best players in the world?
  • Options
    Good player, I wish we had kept him but it wasn't to be. I was gutted when he left but i'm over it and have been for some time.

I really hope we don't boo him when he plays against us next, he worked his socks off for us, we don't know the exact reasoning on why he left and he doesn't deserve abuse.