Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we go down,who will be saying that Bowyer has worked miracles?

After reading other users comments on games this season a reoccurring rant appears regarding Bowyers tactics and substitutions.
Just wanted to know your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Been in the bottom three just once all season

Everyone predicted we'd struggle to survive and I myself said Id be happy with just 21st this season

Currently we're on course to beat that provided results go our way these next two days - Will be disappointed if we do go down but for Bowyer to keep us out of relegation and competitive for so long is a miracle in itself

Especially when you take into account the mess that Nimer / Southall put us through - Dont think I'll easily forget the expression on Bowyer's face when asked about the takeover on the Football Show

His job is to manage the squad and prepare us for the next game - The state of the club and the pandemic has probably forced more than just that on his shoulders
    Well said, he's done a great job.
  • Options
    Favourites to go down before the season started weren't we? 
  • Options
    We won’t go down . 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    LTKapal said:
    Favourites to go down before the season started weren't we? 
    You also have to remember that Barnsley and Luton got the jump on us by having their status in the Championship confirmed nearly a whole month before us

Both should be more disappointed with their seasons especially if the bottom three arent:

22nd - Luton
    23rd - Barnsley
    24th - Charlton
  • Options
    I like the way he gets them playing, most games. Even tonight,  it's stressful watching attack v defence for 90 minutes, and must be tiresome playing like that for some of them, but they're at it and giving their all. I wasn't too fussed with the subs either.

We have the bedrock of a decent squad with decent management and it would be a miracle to start next season with the same.
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:
    After reading other users comments on games this season a reoccurring rant appears regarding Bowyers tactics and substitutions.
    How good do you do your job mate? 
    What a poor post. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on wages, if we finish anywhere above 23rd Bowyer has done well. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Me
  • Options
    He's obviously done an amazing job to get us to where we are, that doesn't mean he is exempt from all criticisms. I suspect it's because he doesn't trust the squad we have to see our games, but he does go too defensive early on in games sometimes.
  • Options
    He has done a stunning job so far this season after an amazing job last season.

Some of the critisism he gets is tiresome and see to conveniently forget the absolute shit he has had to put up with all season.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Always going to be tough tonight over 98 minutes against a superior footballing side.

With the matches coming every 3 or 4 days it's tough getting the subs right.
    Lee Bowyer is trying to get blood from a Stone with limited options with Leko, Taylor and Connor all being lost for different reasons. 

The major problem we have is if you don't go for like for like subs, our shape always seems to disappear. Against Hull and QPR. they weren't good enough to take advantage and nor were a decent Cardiff team.
    Against Millwall we had 4 good chances to score against 2 for them. 

Bowyer knows the fitness of his players and their recovery rates we don't know.

Bowyer got Charlton Promoted with just One goal scoring striker from January onwards last season, he will need to perform more miracles  with an honest spirited squad but lacking real Championship quality over the full duration of matches. 
    Williams and JFC can't seem to play more than an hour and Field who was playing well is injury prone still with that troublesome knee.

The nonsense of the January window has made a difficult job nearly impossible.

If we go down, then it just means that Lee Bowyer couldn't overcome the long injury list and losing Gallagher who was running away with POTY to Swansea and then Taylor, first with injury and then to COVID-19 shorting his stay and these are mitigating circumstances, plus the circus off the pitch.

The Road to Wigan pier may yet save us from room 101 or League 1 as it's normally called, but Newspeak will decree that we stay up and Bowyer is a success and relegation means he failed.

Sounds dystopian but that is how professional football works.

• Options
    He is an excellent manager ... I would love to see him with a decent budget, I reckon he would dominate
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

fenn3098 said:
    How good do you do your job mate? 
    What a poor post. 

I feel amazed that you took the time to comment on such a poor post.

I think I must of not of made my position clear. I personally think he and his back room staff have done a great job. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said in the post match thread, we deserved a point at Brentford (just about) and might have sneaked all three if they hadn’t been given an iffy penalty. Brentford could well have started to get desperate in the last ten. Who knows? To achieve that with what he has had to work through this year against a very good side was impressive to say the least. 
  • Options
    Can someone please start a what if we stay up has Lee done a great job please!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    When it comes to managing our club, having to deal with constant obstacles and lacking support, I’ve got Bowyer’s back every single day of the week.

Can’t for the life of me understand how any fan can think differently. 
    Don't read the official club pages on Facebook, quite a few saying Bowyer and the players bottled it last night and that we should be winning those games... 

Like you, Bowyer will have my support, but I also will criticise when he gets stuff wrong. Doesn't mean I don't support him.
  • Options
    Lord Bowyer has worked miracles regardless of the end result of this season.

Getting us promoted last season with a Wembley win? Miracle worker.

Keeping us up with a budget that some Conference clubs would think a bit on the thin side? Miracle worker.

Keeping us vaguely competitive despite an injury list so horrific that the skipper's unborn child was in danger of having to be named on the subs bench at the start of this year? Miracle worker.

Still with a pretty good chance of staying up with four games to go (even without the 12-point administration penalty for Wigan) having only been in the relegation places for one round of matches? Miracle worker.

Doing all this despite the omnishambles of a clusterfcuk that is our ownership shenanigans over the last few years? Miracle worker.

Good managers can get relegated, piss-poor managers can get promoted and win trophies; a large part of it is down to the quality of cattle at their disposal. Excellent managers can win promotion with a less-talented squad than their rivals, an awful manager can take a high-quality team down the gurgler.

'Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear' doesn't do Lord Bowyer's performance (along with that of Jacko, Steve Gallen, and other coaches and staff) any justice; he's out-performed that by the length of Hangar Straight.

Never mind pilgrims going to Lourdes for a miracle cure, Charlton disciples should get themselves round to Bowyer Hall and bathe in his fishing lake.

The thing that worries me the most about relegation is that it might see His Lordship poached by another club ... and that would leave us well and truly in the deep brown stuff.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I don't do Facebook @Dazzler21 , my son does and often tells me about some of the unbelievable stuff that gets posted and winds him up. Not that he needs it but I always give him some fatherly advice 'here all, see all but say nowt' 😉.