Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we go down,who will be saying that Bowyer has worked miracles?

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    When it comes to managing our club, having to deal with constant obstacles and lacking support, I’ve got Bowyer’s back every single day of the week.

Can’t for the life of me understand how any fan can think differently. 
    Don't read the official club pages on Facebook, quite a few saying Bowyer and the players bottled it last night and that we should be winning those games... 

Like you, Bowyer will have my support, but I also will criticise when he gets stuff wrong. Doesn't mean I don't support him.
    They are morons 
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:
    fenn3098 said:
    After reading other users comments on games this season a reoccurring rant appears regarding Bowyers tactics and substitutions.
    Just wanted to know your thoughts?

fenn3098 said:
    After reading other users comments on games this season a reoccurring rant appears regarding Bowyers tactics and substitutions.
    How good do you do your job mate? 
    What a poor post. 

I feel amazed that you took the time to comment on such a poor post.

I think I must of not of made my position clear. I personally think he and his back room staff have done a great job. 

You're right.

You didn't make your position clear.

Your previous posts did though

This was before I new about our transfer embargo and the wonderful new owners. I did think this but I have grown wiser.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    RedChaser said:
    I don't do Facebook @Dazzler21 , my son does and often tells me about some of the unbelievable stuff that gets posted and winds him up. Not that he needs it but I always give him some fatherly advice 'here all, see all but say nowt' 😉.
    The facebook group is comical, occasional decent posts on there but in general half of the stuff on there is obviously posted as a wind up by people seeking attention. Anyone who knows the group will know the same old usual suspects i'm referring to.
     Can't see the point of it myself or what people get out of being so controversial. And it's not just the generations younger than me, there's been and still is the odd one on here old enough to know better. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. I don't have a little black book like Jack Charlton used to keep but I do have an ignore list 😉.
  • Options
    When it comes to people to blame should we be relegated (which I don’t actually think we will) then Bowyer is very far down my list.
  • Options
    Come on, let's be honest, he's no Neil Harris.

Neil finished 8th after promotion on a shoestring budget and then 21st, one place below where you currently sit, He walked when we were 18th and now sits inside the play-offs with Cardiff after taking them from 14th place up to 6th. Now that's a good manager ;)
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:
    fenn3098 said:

fenn3098 said:
    How good do you do your job mate? 
    What a poor post. 

I feel amazed that you took the time to comment on such a poor post.

I think I must of not of made my position clear. I personally think he and his back room staff have done a great job. 

You're right.

You didn't make your position clear.

Your previous posts did though

TBF there did look like something wasn't right that day, we were truly awful.  That's by far the worst I have ever seen a Bowyer team play.  Obviously understandable now we know what was going on, but we didn't know that at the time.

Back on topic. 

Bowyer is tactically the best manager we have had in my time.  In terms of how we set up for games, the flexibility and often has a plan B. 

He is obviously either a very good coach, or has a very good coach working for him.  We havent improved as many players since Les Read left the 1st time.  

He is a great motivator of certain players.

Saying all that, I still think he would benifit from having an experienced manager in his set up.  At times his substitutions are chaotic and we loose all of our shape, that has happened in the last 2 games.

The only other criticism I would have is that he, sometimes, washes his hands of players to early.

The recruitment has, given the circumstances, been borderline genius.  Although it does show how bad a lot of championship clubs are at it. 
  • Options
    Given the resources Bowyer has and add in the number of injuries and the constant chaos in the club he deserves a medal for simply staying here. I doubt anyone else could have done much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer has been and absolutely still is an outstanding asset to the club. 

He is bound to have genuine interest (above and beyond what has already been reported. I just hope we can keep him.

For the record I am not ITK - just basing my view on what must be a standout record re achievement vs budget.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Come on, let's be honest, he's no Neil Harris.

Neil finished 8th after promotion on a shoestring budget and then 21st, one place below where you currently sit, He walked when we were 18th and now sits inside the play-offs with Cardiff after taking them from 14th place up to 6th. Now that's a good manager ;)
    Did he have to rebuild that promotion winning team?
    Yes. We had to sign the likes of Jed Wallace, George Saville, Conor McLaughlin, Tim Cahill, James Meredith, Jake Cooper and other loans throughout the season.

Looks like he had a bit of an eye for a player as well ;)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    When it comes to people to blame should we be relegated (which I don’t actually think we will) then Bowyer is very far down my list.
    Is he in the relegation zone there too? Poor bloke can't catch a break. 
  • Options
    The problem for Bowyer is he will know things we don't. So Williams and Doughty probably were dead on their feat. Where we see negative subs, he will have seen necessary ones. But being a great manager doesn't mean he wont make mistakes. Especially in the high pressure situation he is in now. Whether the mistakes are the ones some of us identify is another matter. I am happy we have him in charge for our final games. He identified the issue with yesterday as us running out of steam and it certainly looked like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The problem for Bowyer is he will know things we don't. So Williams and Doughty probably were dead on their feat. Where we see negative subs, he will have seen necessary ones. But being a great manager doesn't mean he wont make mistakes. Especially in the high pressure situation he is in now. Whether the mistakes are the ones some of us identify is another matter. I am happy we have him in charge for our final games. He identified the issue with yesterday as us running out of steam and it certainly looked like that.
    Williams i get maybe not match fit enough as he hasn't been playing. But Doughty is 20 years old, only played the last 15 against Millwall and then taken off after 70 minutes last night. If he's dead on his feet after playing 85 minutes in 4 days then it's a serious problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think what Bowyer was trying to do with the subs was get energy on the pitch. Doughty had made a few lung busting runs which may have had an effect. The issue for me is that there are players who are going to contribute more to us posing a threat than others. Williams, Doughty and Sarr are in that group. They can be seen as having attributes that you have to put in the team when it is lacking in these attributes. The subs removed the attributes but we had a lead although it did weaken us offensively. If the players were too tired to do what was needed, that may have weakened us more. I can see why Bowyer made the subs but our threat had gone at that point and that invites teams on you. 
  • Options
    Lord Bowyer has worked miracles regardless of the end result of this season.

Getting us promoted last season with a Wembley win? Miracle worker.

Bowyer's done a superb job, but I wouldn't say getting us promoted from L1 makes him a miracle worker, when you consider the likes of Wycombe could go up this season, and the likes of Yeovil and Burton, with smaller budgets than us getting into the Championship too

• Options

Bowyer's done a superb job, but I wouldn't say getting us promoted from L1 makes him a miracle worker, when you consider the likes of Wycombe could go up this season, and the likes of Yeovil and Burton, with smaller budgets than us getting into the Championship too

But then you've got other big clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, even Peterborough that cant get promoted

Its not an easy achievement for any club from League One these days and is soon going to become just as hard to get promoted from it like the Championship

Managers certainly need to identify the right sort of player etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three winnable games approaching where a win and a draw could well be enough.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

But then you've got other big clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, even Peterborough that cant get promoted

Its not an easy achievement for any club from League One these days and is soon going to become just as hard to get promoted from it like the Championship

Managers certainly need to identify the right sort of player etc.
    Getting any promotion is a fine achievement and should never be underplayed, but getting a club our size (even with the Roland factor) promoted from L1 is an excellent achievement, rather than a miracle  ;)
  • Options
    What elevates the achievement is that it is being done with the crazy running of the club from above. Of course we should not see promotion from league One as a miracle normally.
  • Options

If you look at the players he had (Bielik, Aribo, Bauer, Taylor, Cullen etc, plus Grant for half a season) then no. But we started the season not even being able to fill the bench and i don't think many would've tipped us for promotion at that point.
  • Options
    Relegation certainly won’t be Bowyers fault.  He’s had no money to spend, had an injury crisis that would have hurt most clubs, had his best midfield taken away from the club and the main goal threat has downed tools...not to mention the farcical off field stuff. He continues to battle the odds, I’m amazed he is still at the club. He deserves a chance to show what he can do in management with proper backing. 

I’ve been a bit critical of things he has done - like I would be with any manager....and let’s not forget he is still learning. 
    This... 100% agree.

In all reasonability it would be immoral to level any blame at LB.. He's done wonders under pressure no new manager should face. Remembering dear Lennie Lawrence springs to mind. 
  • Options
    He did his best with both hands tied behind his back.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I don't do Facebook @Dazzler21 , my son does and often tells me about some of the unbelievable stuff that gets posted and winds him up. Not that he needs it but I always give him some fatherly advice 'here all, see all but say nowt' 😉.
    The facebook group is comical, occasional decent posts on there but in general half of the stuff on there is obviously posted as a wind up by people seeking attention. Anyone who knows the group will know the same old usual suspects i'm referring to.
    It’s a classic example of why I never use Facebook.😤