Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• Options

Maybe we're talking about how good he actually is as a player. 

What team he plays for does not change his ability. 

Burstow plays for Chelsea, clearly he's a much better player than anyone in the Championship right? 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94077/conor-washington-gone/p1

Never forget. Some people on the released thread describing him as average mid table League One level and thinking he might go to Wimbledon with Jacko..!
    He is average league 1. He must have a good agent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I doubt he will score more than 5 in the league next season, excluding penalties
    "he won't get a Championship deal"

*gets a Championship deal"

"must have a good agent"

...or maybe Paul Warne & team at Rotherham know more about what makes a good player than the average bloke on the internet.
    Or maybe they are working to a tight budget and they are looking at players that can play in league 1 the year after next

im standing by my prediction, 5 goals or less in the championship excluding penalties. If he gets double figure (again excluding pens) I'll donate £50 to the upbeats.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Will probably score 4 or 5 goals and cause a rift on the changing room

Just like the charlton fans missed you last season Gilbey.You could always head up that way too if you're that bothered. Donny Rovers just down the road.
  • Options
    He must have one hell of an agent. Limited player who works hard 
    Which is 50% better than our existing players, excluding 2, 3 being generous.
  • Options
    I clicked on the link -  looked like Washington had signed for Arsenal.

Dream move!

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Mental releasing him, no way in he'll will we get a better player as third choice, and I'd like to think that is probably what he would have been

More to him than meets the eye.  A number of coaching staff were highly un complimentary  of him, his attitude and his whinging.  
    Yes he tried hard on matchday  but was a pain and troublemaker on many other occasions.

we don’t need divisive factions we need a fucking team!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Mental releasing him, no way in he'll will we get a better player as third choice, and I'd like to think that is probably what he would have been

More to him than meets the eye.  A number of coaching staff were highly un complimentary  of him, his attitude and his whinging.  
    Yes he tried hard on matchday  but was a pain and troublemaker on many other occasions.

@Swisdom very surprised at that, as he always seemed the epitomy of a team player on the pitch. I guess you have the inside track on this one, so I'm not gonna doubt you, but I was very disappointed to see him go.
  • Options

Maybe we're talking about how good he actually is as a player. 

What team he plays for does not change his ability. 

Burstow plays for Chelsea, clearly he's a much better player than anyone in the Championship right? 
    No, but it might show how he is rated outside of our Charlton goldfish bowl. 

At the moment, given where our squad is, it’s clearly a loss. Whether it will ultimately be a loss will be determined by our recruitment over the next few weeks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

@Swisdom very surprised at that, as he always seemed the epitomy of a team player on the pitch. I guess you have the inside track on this one, so I'm not gonna doubt you, but I was very disappointed to see him go.
    I always thought the same but there is a huge amount that goes on that never gets revealed and is used to beat the club over the head.  Sometimes it’s justified but often it’s not so I just wanted to address that a bit in this instance
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I always thought the same but there is a huge amount that goes on that never gets revealed and is used to beat the club over the head.  Sometimes it’s justified but often it’s not so I just wanted to address that a bit in this instance
    And people thought him, Jackson, Pearce and Euell would all go and play happy families at the wobbles 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

How long have you known this?
    It seems a little strange coming out now after the alleged CW/MS incident.
  • Options
    To any Rotheram fan viewing... You've got a 100% player. Will he get you 20 goals .... No. BUT he will bloody try to..... an we will look back and go why the fuck did we let him go....
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Since it was announced he would be leaving.

Before you ask I’m not a tactical mouthpiece for the club.  There had been rumours prior to his departure was announced but I had it confirmed shortly after and s little more meat was put on the bone.
    you don’t have to believe it if you don’t want to - just wanted it known that all was not always as cut and dried as it’s often perceived 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Looks to me a bit like the coach equivalent of fans saying "he wasn't that good anyway" when a player leaves.

I'm not confident we'll properly replace him. We should be aiming to bring in at least a couple of strikers, one to improve on him and one as a more direct replacement. 
  • Options
    To any Rotheram fan viewing... You've got a 100% player. Will he get you 20 goals .... No. BUT he will bloody try to..... an we will look back and go why the fuck did we let him go....
    Nor will he get you 10 goals, unless he takes the penalties.
  • Options
    Nor will he get you 10 goals, unless he takes the penalties.
    Maybe Rotheram will have a midfield... you know that thing that sits between defence an attack. Helps forwards score goals...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing that often gets overlooked is Conor’s exquisite first touch, which helped him to create chances for himself that not many others could have. Secondly, Stockley’s going to be ineffective without a-Conor-type working off of him. Lots of work to do, under increasing pressure.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Does he have a history of causing rifts at prior clubs then?  Or has he perhaps got fed up and spoke his mind with the shit show that was many sub par performances last season.  And of course showing up the amateurish way that Jackson's impending dismissal was communicated to him before the man himself.
    Never heard of any issues from him at his previous clubs (QPR, Peterborough, Hearts) 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Does he have a history of causing rifts at prior clubs then?
    Rumours from Peterborough days, but nothing else.