Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup 2020/2021 (ed Pg.5 - Round 2 West Ham away)

Comments

• Options
    Is it straight to penalties tonight?
    It wont be now!!
  • Options
    Brentford 
    Man City 
    Tottenham 
    Man Utd

The final 4
  • Options
    It's crazy to me that VAR only comes in next round. Cavani would have been sent off long before his goal for that mandible claw he put in on Mina and it would have probably been a very different game. Fernandes might have had a bit to answer for as well for the sneaky challenge he put in on Richarlison that caused his collision with Bailly. Can't see the logic in only bringing it in for later rounds
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55432379
    Jose Mourinho accused Dele Alli of "creating problems for his own team" in Tottenham's 3-1 Carabao Cup quarter-final win over Stoke City.
    Alli, making his first start since 26 November, gave the ball away from which Stoke went on to score.
    "A player in that position is a player that has to link and create and not to create problems for his own team," said Mourinho.

Jose Bowrinho moaning about Jonny Williams Albie Morgan Dele Alli  ;)
  • Options
    Jose Mourinho accused Dele Alli of "creating problems for his own team" in Tottenham's 3-1 Carabao Cup quarter-final win over Stoke City.
    Alli, making his first start since 26 November, gave the ball away from which Stoke went on to score.
    "A player in that position is a player that has to link and create and not to create problems for his own team," said Mourinho.

Jose really has got it in for Dele.
    Moura lost the ball countless times tonight yet he didnt get dug out.  I get Dele has had chance after chance in the last 12m but its getting close to ridiculous now how Dele is first to be blamed.
  • Options
    Darren Bent in charge of the balls
  • Options
    Man Utd v Man City
  • Options
    Tottenham v Brentford 
  • Options
    Manchester derby
    London derby

Not bad
  • Options
    It's crazy to me that VAR only comes in next round. Cavani would have been sent off long before his goal for that mandible claw he put in on Mina and it would have probably been a very different game. Fernandes might have had a bit to answer for as well for the sneaky challenge he put in on Richarlison that caused his collision with Bailly. Can't see the logic in only bringing it in for later rounds
    Would he have done? - Eleney put his hand to the throat of a Burnley player and only got a Yellow Card

Its ridiculous but I thought it was only a red card for a hand to the face
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Manchester derby
    London derby

Not bad
    I'm... in... Shock!!

I know there was a 50/50 chance but still, had a feeling it would happen
  • Options
    Manchester derby
    London derby

Not bad
    I'm... in... Shock!!

50/50

Now I may be shit at Maths.

But there were 3 teams that each team could play and only one of those would have been a local derby.

Surely thats more 33.3% rather than 50/50 
  • Options
    Manchester derby
    London derby

Not bad
    I'm... in... Shock!!

It wasn't 50/50 though was it? It was less than that although I get what you mean!
  • Options
    Manchester derby
    London derby

Not bad
    I'm... in... Shock!!

50/50

But there were 3 teams that each team could play and only one of those would have been a local derby.

Just goes to prove I'm even more shit at Maths :D
  • Options
    Well that was a surprise the cammy junts draw Brentford and get a bye to the final after their bye in the quarter final
    yes the year ends in one 

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Moura lost the ball countless times tonight yet he didnt get dug out.  I get Dele has had chance after chance in the last 12m but its getting close to ridiculous now how Dele is first to be blamed.
    It's all part of Mourinho's agenda though - he doesn't want him at the club and knows that if he is to get someone else in he has to pxxx him off enough to make him want to leave in January.

I mentioned Bale previously and questioned whether he is really part of Mourinho's PL plans moving forward. There is something of an air of disinterest and possible exasperation in Mourinho's explanation as to why Bale came off at half time.

'Yes, it was his decision to come off,' he added. 'It was something he felt in the last part of the first half and he didn't want to come out, so he stayed in the dressing-room.

'I think it was a calf or something. I'm not sure, I was trying to reorganise the team and make a change.'  

I bet if Kane came off at half time Mourinho would want to know chapter and verse of the injury from his medical team - and yesterday at that.

I don't know if there is a "send back" clause in Bale's loan agreement but, given that he has yet to play 90 minutes in any match this season and only started one PL game, I'm not sure that Spurs are exactly getting value for money. Unless they've sold thousands of Bale shirts of course in which case "job done" !!!
  • Options
    Well that was a surprise the cammy junts draw Brentford and get a bye to the final after their bye in the quarter final
    yes the year ends in one 

Just to cheer you up i'll remind you that they actually did a get a bye in an earlier round when Orient had to call the game off due to Covid.
  • Options
    Manchester derby
    London derby

Not bad
    I'm... in... Shock!!

50/50

It’s 50/50, either it happens or it doesn’t...
  • Options
    yes the year ends in one 

Despite getting the plum draw at home out of the three, we need to make sure we turn up.  Last time we have a favourable semi draw, we got Portsmouth in the FA Cup and we totally underestimated them.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

It's all part of Mourinho's agenda though - he doesn't want him at the club and knows that if he is to get someone else in he has to pxxx him off enough to make him want to leave in January.

I mentioned Bale previously and questioned whether he is really part of Mourinho's PL plans moving forward. There is something of an air of disinterest and possible exasperation in Mourinho's explanation as to why Bale came off at half time.

'Yes, it was his decision to come off,' he added. 'It was something he felt in the last part of the first half and he didn't want to come out, so he stayed in the dressing-room.

'I think it was a calf or something. I'm not sure, I was trying to reorganise the team and make a change.'  

I bet if Kane came off at half time Mourinho would want to know chapter and verse of the injury from his medical team - and yesterday at that.

I don't know if there is a "send back" clause in Bale's loan agreement but, given that he has yet to play 90 minutes in any match this season and only started one PL game, I'm not sure that Spurs are exactly getting value for money. Unless they've sold thousands of Bale shirts of course in which case "job done" !!!
    Have to admit, I with everyone else was expecting Bale to have more of an impact.  Hopefully we can get him 100% fit soon, the lack of football over the last 18 months has caught up with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would he have done? - Eleney put his hand to the throat of a Burnley player and only got a Yellow Card

Its ridiculous but I thought it was only a red card for a hand to the face
    Yes, he would have been assuming the rules were followed properly. The only reason Elneny got away with his was because they had already sent off Xhaka and bottled the Elneny one as it’s easier to ignore a ‘coming together’ that happens in the course of marking at a set piece. Cavani was off the ball and followed Mina down to the ground with his contact. No ref could have let that go with VAR
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Spurs 1-0 up
  • Options
    Terrible defending but Reguilon knows how to put a ball in that’s for sure.
  • Options
    Not surprisingly they went strong today, except Kane and Son to be given Saturday off and Vinicius given the game against Marine
  • Options
    Mike Dean on one tonight, 2 yellows in the opening 20 minutes, feel there could be more to come
  • Options
    VAR not in the quarter final

But its in the Semi Final and denies Brentford an equaliser by margins, literally couldnt have been tighter
  • Options
    Ridiculous how it can be not in 1 round but in the next round
  • Options
    Then again Paulie I find it ridiculous in the FA Cup where it can be used in some games each round and not others

Technology is fine etc. but like you say, you either use it in its entirety for a competition, or not at all
  • Options
    And 5 minutes later Son scores to make it 2-0 and put Spurs into the final
  • Options
    The quadruple is on @oohaahmortimer